Chapter 36

Turning Point

The wedding bells jingled, announcing the start of the ceremony. Amber was walking around with the glass of champagne in her hand, talking to some of the guests and smiling to the reporters who were asking for more details which Amber kept mum about it. Mrs Liu was there too, with a gloomy face and Henry by her side, assisting her and cheering her up. Amber forced herself to look away as she knew that her heart was broken too when she saw the disappointment on her grandmother's face. 

"Oh hey," She greeted Minho and Kai with brofist and they greeted back half-heartedly, but they smiled because they wanted Amber to know that they were happy as long as she was happy. Amber could tell how fake their smiles were, but she did not mind. "Are you enjoying yourself?" She asked casually, snapping her fingers to call the waiters to serve her friends their drinks. 

Minho and Kai both grabbed a glass of champagne and nodded lazily. "Am, are you-"

"Wow, excuse me for a moment. I need to attend to some other guests." Amber quickly said as she knew Minho would question her. She walked to the group of laughing men who looked like businessmen. 

Kai sighed after Amber slipped away. "I seriously think that she changed her heart too fast." 

"I think so too. I smell something fishy." Minho stated, eyeing Amber and drinking his champagne down. He looked around and saw many reporters, cameras flashed and interviewing some people. Then he caught a glimpse of someone. "Hey, isn't that... Krystal?" He squinted and then the girl was gone. She did not enter the hall and she walked straight to the other side of the hall instead, which looked like waiting room. 

"What?" Kai sounded incredulous and he followed Minho's gaze but did not see any girl by the name of Krystal. "Are you hallucinating?"

"No. I am sure I saw her, but she's gone." Minho mumbled. "But she went into room beside the hall, I guess. Since that is the only building around here." 

"Shall we go and check it out?" Kai suggested, placing the empty glass on the tray that the waiter was holding as he walked past the two friends. Minho did the same and nodded agreeingly. He pushed Kai by the back of the neck as they slipped out of the hall, making sure that no one was following them and they snuck into the building beside the hall. "is it here?" Kai asked, whispering.

Minho nodded and pointed to the door with his thumb. "you open it, I will watch out for you." 

Kai did as Minho told and Minho pushed him in quickly when he heard someone coming out of the hall. They hid behind the door after Kai closed it as quietly as possible. Then the shuffling of foot fainted and they heaved a sigh of relief. "Hell, it was scary." Minho clenched his chest and in a dramatic breath. 

"Man up." Kai teased and they straightened their blazers before walking down the aisle. It was sure big, comparable to the wedding hall. Well, because Amber was wealthy. "God, there are so many rooms..." Kai mumbled and gave Minho a disbelief look. 

Minho shrugged and pointed to his brain. "There's something that I have but you don't." 

Kai punched him by the shoulder and he followed after Minho who seemed to know which room did the girl go into. There were 12 rooms in total, 6 on each side and facing each other. "Do you know which room is Suzy in?" Minho asked and Kai took out his phone, scrolling through the wedding planner since they took part in planning the wedding too. 

"The first one on the right." Kai said, pointing to his right with his thumb. 

"Shhh.. follow me." Minho said and walked further down until they were at the last door. He turned to his left and knocked thrice. Kai was surprised when he saw Nana opening the door and Minho smirked in victory. "Am I smart?" He nudged Kai on the ribs and Kai scoffed. 

"Why are you here? Where is Lay?" Kai asked, peering into the room. Nana was surprised to see them too and she pulled them in quickly, afraid that someone might see them. 

"Well..." Nana said and turned around, signalling to Minho and Kai with her eyes that there were six other people in the room. 

"God, Krystal!" Minho cheered when he knew that he was right and Kai covered his mouth immediately because he was too loud. Minho pushed Kai's hand away and punched his fist into the air repeatedly. "we knew Amber is up to something!" He grinned when he saw the make-up artists and some helpers helping Krystal out. Krystal suppressed a smile when she saw Amber's friends. 

Jessica was there too, she raised a brow up as she observed the two young men. "Who are you?" 

"Oh... w-we are Amber's friends." Minho said, bowing when he saw someone who looked like Krystal. 

"And you are.." Kai asked unsurely. 

"Jessica. Krystal's sister." 

"It's nice to see you, Jessica-ssi." Kai and Minho said together nervously and Krystal chuckled. She could see the two boys' faces red with embarrassment and she shook her head. 

"Unnie, can you help me to wear the wedding dress?" Krystal asked, touching Jessica on the forearm and Jessica smiled as she nodded, patting on Krystal's cheek. 

"So, tell us what's going on here!" Kai insisted after Krystal and Jessica went behind the big curtain. 

Nana bit her lip and sighed. "Alright, since the two of you are already here." She asked them to sit down and started explaining Amber's plan. It was obvious enough but it still got the two boys excited at how Amber's revenge was going. 

 

 

 

 

The classical wedding song was played by the symphony orchestra, live. Every guest was already seated down and only two seats were empty. Amber was too nervous to notice that her friends were already missing. She was busy thinking about the procedures and the what-ifs. Her heart was thumping loudly against her chest and with each note being played, her breathing got faster. 

Only two of Suzy's friends showed up and they looked bored already. Amber knew they were not Suzy's closest friends but they just came here to find rich men, unfortunately, all the men here were either married or old. Unless they want her two friends. Amber clasped her hands in front of her when the wedding announcer called the bride in. Slowly, Amber turned around and looked at the girl marching into the hall on the red carpet. Flowers were tossed in the air as well as confetti. Her heart felt numbed when she saw the smile on the bride's face. Suzy was looking coy but happy as she ambled down the aisle. She nodded at some of the guests when they whispered her words of congratulation. 

Finally, she arrived to the front of the hall, where the priest and Amber were awaiting. Amber reached out to take Suzy's hand and she caught Mrs Liu looking away in displeased at the front seat. Amber's heart sank but she told herself not to mind. The clapping ceased and the flashes from the cameras shone momentarily. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered today to witness the wedding of Amber Liu and Suzy Bae. May I ask the groom, Amber Liu, will you have this woman as your wife? To live together? Will you love her, comfort her, honour her, and keep her in sickness and in health and only be with here for as long as you live?" The priest turned to Amber and asked. Amber looked to the guests and straightened her tuxedo. She turned back and looked at Suzy in the eyes, she saw how Suzy was smiling and eyes glittering in tears of joy. 

"No." 

Everyone gasped and the flashes grew more intense. The clicking sound of the cameras and buzzing sound erupted in the hall. Suzy had her eyes widened and she looked around in fluster. "What are you doing, Amber?" She asked with her low voice, insisted for a good reply. 

Amber smirked and turned around. "I will not take Suzy Bae as my wife." She silenced the guests with her crystal clear voice. 

Suzy was looking at Amber with clenched fists and she threw the bouquet onto the ground. "What are you doing?!" 

"But rest assured, everyone. Please be in your seat." Amber said, ignoring Suzy who was glaring at her and breathing angrily beside her. The priest was already informed of this so he waited for Amber to give him her order. Everyone watched Amber with questionable looks, including Mrs Liu and Henry who were astounded by it. 

Amber turned around and gave the priest a firm nod. "Let us now invite the authentic bride in." The orchestra played the wedding song again and the huge door flew outward, revealing a girl that Amber had been waiting for. She was nervous and could feel all the stares on her, as well as her belly. Her sister was on her right and Nana was on her left, assisting her to walk in the heavy dress. 

"Why is she here!" Suzy questioned, she pushed Amber by the shoulder and Amber stumbled backward but then quickly steadied herself. She ignored Suzy's presence and continued smiling as she watched Krystal marching toward her. There was no flower, no confetti. But at the snap of Amber's fingers, the people on the second floor jumped up, bursting the party poppers and the loud noises set in the right atmosphere again, everyone cheered and they had forgotten about Suzy. 

Two men rushed out from the side and grabbed Suzy by each arm as Krystal was nearer to Amber, just in case she would attack on Krystal. Amber grinned widely when she finally saw Krystal right in front of her, wearing the wedding dress that she had designed herself, it suited Krystal perfectly, even though there was a belly. 

"you look beautiful." Amber whispered, taking both Krystal's hands in hers. Krystal stood in front of the girl she missed so badly for the past 3 months and she nodded in tears. "You look beautiful, too. I miss you so much." For the first time, Krystal initiated it and Amber's eyes brimmed with tears. Those seating in front seat could see how the tears trickle down Amber's cheeks. 

Minho and Kai had already returned to their seats, at the front. They clapped and everyone else followed along. The cameras continued to flash and more pictures were taken. Suzy's friends had already stood up to leave, they were too embarrassed about it, given that they had introduced themselves as Suzy's friends to the guests. Jessica and Nana stepped away, walking to the front seats as well, which the helpers had brought out earlier. 

"AMBER!" Suzy shouted, trying to get Amber's attention. Amber disregarded her existence and continued smiling in tears of joy at Krystal. Krystal held up her hand, cupping Amber's cheek and wiping the tear away with her thumb. They stared into each other's eyes and the guests were touched by the scene. They saw the love in their eyes and a round of applause erupted in the hall. 

"Again, may I ask Amber Liu, will you take Krystal Jung as your wife. Will you love her, care for her, honour her, comfort her-"

"I do." Amber nodded eager, touching Krystal's hand that was on her cheek. "I do." She repeated. 

The priest smiled and asked Krystal then same. "May I ask Krystal Jung, will you take Amber Liu as your wife, will you cherish her, love her, care for her, honour her, comfort her? Will you keep her with your through your ups and downs?" 

Krystal nodded without hesitation. "I do." She whispered and her tears started rolling down. After 3 months of separation, they finally met each other and it was also the day that they finally belonged to each other. "I do." She whispered again, holding Amber close and Amber smiled with her eyes. 

"I now pronouce you wife and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest said to Amber and Amber blushed, Krystal's cheeks were tinted pink too. 

Slowly, Amber leaned closer and pressed her lips against Krystal's. They closed their eyes and Krystal gasped inaudibly when Amber moved her lips against hers. It was their first time kissing this way, other than the peck three months ago. 

"Stop this! Hoya!" Suzy screamed and a man stood up from the guests place. "Stop them!" Suzy snarled at him and tried to break away from the two men who were holding her up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/611146/when-the-night-falls-amber-kryber-krystal