Chapter 37

Turning Point

Hoya stood up, looking anxious and eyes darted toward Krystal who was protected by Amber, using her own body as shield. Amber screamed for guards to take Suzy away and a few men rushed out from the room, grabbing Suzy and settling the crowd, two appraoched Hoya who was still rooted on the ground. "Take him out!" Amber shouted furiously, glaring at Hoya and the men bowed before grabbing Hoya by the arms. 

"Stop!" Hoya shouted back. "I've no intention of harming anyone!" He struggled but was still dragged out of the wedding hall by the men. The reporters were already snapping photos, ready to publish them the next day. Caption? The Heir of Lee getting thrown out of the Liu's wedding 

Amber turned to her back, checking if Krystal was alright and Krystal assured her that she was fine. "Go to the room to rest. We're done here. Leave everything to me." She said quietly, leaning in to give Krystal a peck on the forehead. More pictures were taken. 

Nana and Jessica stood up again to help Krystal to enter the resting room. Mrs Liu went up to Amber and tugged her on the arm. "What do you think you're doing?" She scolded quietly, Amber patted Mrs Liu's hand that was on her arm and smiled. Henry who had already smelt something fishy long ago, cracked a smile at Amber before assisting Mrs Liu to the resting room that Krystal was in as well. 

The guests remained seated but were buzzing away. Amber went up the stage and took over the microphone that the priest was using. She tapped on it twice, clearing and then said, "I am sorry if this took you by surprise, but you're invited to my wedding with Krystal Jung and not Suzy Bae. In case you are not aware, I didn't put up her name on the board outside, if you're cautious enough to notice it." She smiled triumphantly. 

"So why did you announce to the world that Suzy Bae is your fiancee?" One of the reporters questioned. 

Amber rubbed her lower lip with her thumb and then exhaled slowly. "Ah.. you see. This is all domestic affair. I can't reveal any further detail to you. But, there is one thing that I can say. Krystal Jung is all I have and see now, she is my one and only. I will not hesitate to take any action on you, if you plan to harm her, like what Suzy Bae did. And her outcome? I guess I will tell her personally." The photos of Amber smiling were taken rapidly until she walked off the stage and entered the waiting room as well. Lay and the other men blocked the reporters who wanted to barge into the room to question Amber further. 

"I am glad to know that you're fine, Krystal." Amber smiled when she heard Mrs Liu talking to Krystal. She walked up to them, bowing to Jessica deeply and said, "I am really sorry, unnie. And I really want to thank you for helping me, helping us." Jessica gave a glance at Amber then tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, she was not used to this, it made her nervous and shy because all the attention was on her now. 

"Aish, get up." Jessica said without looking at Amber. Krystal chuckled and stood up to hug Amber's arm, pulling her body straight. "But you better not make my sister upset anymore, do you hear me?" Jessica warned when Amber stopped bowing to her. Amber immediately nodded and turned to her right to look at Krystal.

"Of course I won't hurt her anymore, she's my wife now. I will cherish her forever, unnie." Amber said referring to Krystal but talking to Jessica. Jessica shook her head with a small but proud smile and Krystal lowered her head to hide her crimson red face. "I've been waiting for this day." She whispered to Krystal, lifting her head up with her fingers gently. 

Krystal looked at Amber in the eyes and smiled sweetly. "I didn't expect it when I came here. But, it is a pleasant surprise." 

"I am glad that it is." Amber said quietly. Henry coughed and broke the eye contact session between the two newly-wed couple, Amber stared at her brother and Henry made a cheeky face. 

"I knew you're up to something on the family meeting." Henry said

Amber patted Krystal's shoulder and asked her to sit down before she walked over to Henry and her grandma. "Of course. You're my brother, how could you not know?" She joked and then knelt down in front of Mrs Liu. Mrs Liu was surprised by it and she asked Amber to get up but Amber didn't budge. "Grandma, I am really sorry to have made you so angry for the past two months. I am sorry to have kept you in the dark. I am unfilial as a granddaughter. Will you forgive me, grandma?" 

Mrs Liu sighed when she saw how sincere her granddaughter was. She leaned forward and patted Amber's cheek. "Amber," The tomboy looked up at her grandma who was smiling amicably. "I am proud of you." She reached for Amber's hand and patted it on the back twice. "You used to be a kid, but now you're a woman. I have never expected you to mature so quickly, it is not even a year yet, but you've changed so much." 

Amber blushed in embarrassment when her grandmother praised her in front of so many people - Henry, Krystal, Jessica and Nana. "Grandma..." She mumbled and looked down. Mrs Liu chortled and asked Amber to stand up. Amber straightened her tuxedo and went over to sit beside Krystal. She wrapped an arm around Krystal's shoulders, pulling her closer to her body. 

"Amber, what are you going to do about Suzy?" Mrs Liu suddenly asked, breaking the silence in the room while the others were looking at the new couple. 

Krystal pulled away from Amber and looked at her, waiting for a reply. Amber sighed and looked down. "I'm going to send her abroad." She looked at her hands and Krystal squeezed her arm slightly. "Bro, can you ask them to bring that woman in?" 

Henry looked at Mrs Liu briefly before he nodded and went out. A moment later, two men dragged Suzy in and Suzy's make up was already ruined in her tears. "Amber! Amber, why? Am..." She called out Amber's name in desperation and wanted to go nearer to Amber but the men held her back. "Let me go!" She shouted like a mad woman. Amber pinched her nosebridge and stood up, giving Krystal an assuring smile before she walked to Suzy. 

"Suzy, I used to love you." She said, Suzy's eyes softened upon hearing it and her tears continued to roll down. "But you've changed to become so scary. I can't live with you, I can't put my life at risk. You can say that I am selfish. You can blame me for falling in love with someone else when I promised you a forever. But what you did, was wrong. You manipulated Hoya and wanted to harm Krystal, you brought my company down. Do you know what are the consuquences? Thousands of people will lose their jobs and suffer from hunger and pain because of your selfishness." Amber spat at Suzy. Suzy shook her head, she covered her ears as she continued to cry, she did not want to listen. 

"It was a mistake right from the start. Maybe I should have just let you go when Baekhyun confessed and wanted to take you away, since you seemed to be interested as well. Maybe, if I had let go, we wouldn't be in this state today. But if I had let go, I wouldn't have met Krystal. So I still have to thank you, for not showing up at the hotel that day. Because without you, Krystal would not be here with me, today." After saying what she had to say, Amber turned around and walked back to Krystal who had a little tears b her eyes. 

"What can I do to make you like me?" Suzy asked, almost quietly and her tears seemed to have stopped. "Again?" She looked at Amber with sad eyes. Amber chose to look away and she stated, "I would rather you be dead than here with me." 

With that, the two men pulled Suzy out again upon hearing Amber's order, Suzy did not fight anymore, she was tired from all the crying. She walked out numbly, lifelessly and without taking another look at Amber. She was stunned when she learnt that Amber was sending her away, without giving her money. Was this all her retribution? She broke down and cried her lungs out, lying on the ground and not caring if other people were staring at her. She was remorsed, but it was all too late now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST CHAPTER! WILL BE LONGGGGGGGGGGGG