Chapter 12

Turning Point

"what is it oppa?" Jessica grunted as she pulled out the chair in a rough manner and plopped herself down, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Yuri was by the side, coaxing her. 

Yunho snapped a glare at his younger sister and placed his elbows on the table, with his chin on his clasped hands. "So, tell me. What is it then?" he squinted. 

Amber gulped. The Jungs had deathly glare. Their glares were so sharp that Amber could feel chills running down her spine. She shivered and straightened herself, pretending like she was not affected. But she failed when Yunho suddenly sent dagger at her. "Why did you mess with my sister?" he asked her. 

The table was a square one. With Amber and Krystal sitting on his left and Yuri and Jessica sitting on his right. Jonghyun was seated opposite to Yunho and adjacent to Amber and Yuri. By the way, they were at Yuri's cafe. 

"I-I-I-" Amber stammered, trying to come up with words to say but Yunho's scrutinizing stare was not helping. 

"Spit it out!" Yunho smacked the table with his palm and the utensils on the table clinked. Everyone jumped up and Amber looked to her right at Krystal for help but Krystal had her head down, with her hair covering her face. Her beautiful face, Amber thought. Then she smacked her face mentally when she realised that it was not the time to think about that. 

"Yah oppa," Jessica said irritably and Yunho turned to look at her. Yuri immediately looked away when Yunho looked at their direction. 

"You better not 'yah' me, Jessica Jung. You're her elder sister and you actually know about it, and yet you do nothing! Nothing!" Yunho said sternly and stared at Jessica without even blinking. 

"But they are already engaged!" Jessica protested, throwing her arms in the air. 

"Without my consent?" Yunho snapped

"What do you want, oppa? She is pregnant and you don't want her to get married with the one who impregnated her? What kind of nonsense is that?" Jessica snickered sarcastically, folding her arms back and slumped into the chair. 

"Are you so supportive of that? She is still underage for god's sake! She hasn't even completed her studies and she is engaged? Now, what kind of nonsense is that?" Yunho jabbed the table with his finger after every sentence. 

"Grrr, she is twenty this year!" Jessica retorted. 

"Still underage! The legal age is twenty-one!" Yunho snapped. Jessica pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. 

Amber felt herself sinking into her seat each time Yunho raised his voice. Why is he so scary? she thought. 

"Krystal Jung!" Yunho called out and smacked the table in front of Krystal. Krystal jumped up in shock and looked at her brother timidly. "Say something! Don't keep quiet!" 

"I-I d-don't know w-what to s-say, op-oppa." Krystal murmured. 

Amber peeked to her side at Krystal and felt angry because she was scared to do anything to protect Krystal. Krystal was looking so vulnerable but she couldn't do a thing. Instead, Jonghyun spoke. 

"Hyung, Krystal is scared too." Jonghyun said. 

Amber snapped a glare at Jonghyun but the flame in her eyes soon flickered out when Yunho spoke again. "Scared? What is she scared about? I sent her to Seoul to study, to gain knowledge and she gained a baby instead?" 

Yuri thought it was funny so she laughed and Yunho shot a cold look at her which made her look as if she was crying while laughing. Jessica slapped Yuri's thigh to make her stop and Yuri did a salute sign and mouthed 'sorry' to Yunho. 

"As far as I know, Krystal didn't have a choice, Hyung. She didn't know that a girl can get her pregnant too." Jonghyun explained. Amber bit her lip as she protested in silence. Why the heck is he talking? Where does he stand? this is a family matter and why is he here?! She poked her inner cheek with her tongue. 

"It is ridiculous! She must be a guy, isn't he?" Yunho demanded. 

"Amber is a girl." Krystal said. Amber looked at Krystal and the corner of her lips twitched up slightly. 

"And what? You like her? Wow, i thought my sisters would find a guy and get married and have kids! But I was so wrong!" Yunho said sarcastically. 

"You are not any better oppa. You and Jaejoong oppa." Jessica mumbled but Yunho caught it. He cleared his throat and took a sip of the water. 

"Fine." He said. "You're going back home with me." He pointed to Krystal. "And the baby, don't keep it." 

Amber was shocked. What did Yunho mean by don't keep the baby? What did Yunho mean by Krystal was going back home with him? "What?!" she stood up, pushing the chair back and slamming both palms on the table. Her nostrils flared again, indicating that she was angry. 

Yunho smirked, looking up. "You heard me. She is going home with me and she is not keeping the baby." 

Krystal's eyes went still and she looked at her brother, hoping that he was just kidding. But no, Yunho looked serious and certain. "Oppa?" 

"No!" Amber shouted. She was scared of Yunho. She was scared that Yunho would just grab her by the collar and throw her against the wall and she would fall and hit the broken glass and whatsoever and die. But, something within her told her to do something. 

The smirk on Yunho's face didn't fade away. He added, "I think Jjong is a better guy for Krystal. He has been telling me about Krystal all the time. He is in love with her, I can tell. And I think Krystal kind of likes him too. if it isn't for the baby, maybe Krystal would agree to be with Jjong." 

Jonghyun was blushing on the other end of the table but he knew it better that Krystal didn't like her in a romantic way at all. 

"What?!" Amber asked, her face scrunched up. "Krys? Is it true?" she asked Krystal who was still in a shock. 

"You can't be serious right oppa?" Jessica questioned this time. 

"Do I look like I am kidding?" Yunho replied. 

"NO! I will not let you take her away from ME! And WE are KEEPING the baby! YOU have no rights to take a life away! And Krystal is old enough to decide on her future! Not YOU!" Amber spat and her shoulders heaving up and down. 

Yunho was quiet for awhile and everyone was. Jessica looked at Amber and she smiled to herself. She could see that Amber was different from the past. 

Meanwhile, Krystal was again frightened by the furious Amber. She tugged on the hem of Amber's shirt slightly to ask her to sit down and not make a scene in the cafe even though there wasn't many customers. Just a pair of couple at the corner of the cafe, indulging in their own little world. 

Amber's glare turned soft when her eyes met Krystal's pleading ones. She shut her eyes and in a deep breath before she sat down again. She gulped down the entire glass of water and looked to the front, at Yuri. 

"Very well." Yunho finally said. 

Amber was about to retort and asked him what the heck did he want but Yunho's words took her by surprise. 

"I was just testing you." Yunho continued. 

Amber shot him a blank and dumbfounded look. 

"You were keeping quiet all the while just now. If I didn't say something to provoke you, would I know that you are actually in love with my sister?" Yunho said wisely. 

Amber coughed and looked at Krystal nervously then she glanced away when Krystal was looking at her with a confounded look. "I d-didn't- I am no-not in love-"

"Oh really? Okay then. Come on Krystal let's go." Yunho said and grabbed Krystal's wrist. 

"what wait!" Amber said and Yunho sat back down, releasing his grip. 

"Are you going to admit it now?" Yunho asked. 

Amber kept quiet. She was feeling hot. Her cheeks must be so red now, she thought. She scratched her forehead, her cheeks, her neck and just kept fidgeting. A habit that Krystal had learnt that Amber was actually nervous and pressured. 

"Oppa," Krystal said and shook her head. 

Yunho placed his finger on his lips, asking Krystal to keep quiet. Then Amber looked up, straightening her back and placing her clasped hands on her laps. 

"I-I-I d-do." Amber said. 

Jessica's lips broke into a smile and Yuri was wiggling her eyebrows at Krystal but she earned a smack from Jessica by doing that. "Do what?" Yunho pressed on. 

"I...I-" Amber clenched her fists and smacked them on the table, making the utensils clink again. "I do love her." She said with her eyes shut tightly. 

Krystal's heart was pounding against her chest and she could feel the world spinning around. She looked at Amber and saw that her eyes were shut tightly, the sight of it was too adorable. She didn't expect that Amber would love her. 

On the other hand, Jonghyun signalled to his boss and excused himself quietly as he couldn't stand the sight of it. He smiled bitterly before he left the cafe. Actually, Yunho was just making a wild guess that Jonghyun liked Krystal because Jonghyun had never mentioned the girl's name before, but he hit the bull's eye. 

"Good." Yunho clapped his hands together and said, "now go home. Take a bath, together or not, and figure everything out yourself now." 

Amber opened her eyes when she heard that and she could feel her blood rushing to her face again. But the thought of it was good, she thought. Then, she chuckled to herself and Krystal knew that Amber was actually imagining it. She coughed and got back Amber's attention. 

"Oppa," Krystal looked at Yunho. "You scared me." she pouted and Amber thought that the lips looked kissable. 

"What? I was actually really angry." Yunho hissed. Amber was intimidated again. "But I could somehow see that she is actually fond of you. I don't know, maybe my instinct is always accurate." he shrugged. 

"I knew you would accept them." Jessica said. "Because the Jungs are gay." she giggled. 

Yunho cleared his throat and looked away again. 

"Don't have to hide, oppa. We knew it all along. Who will bring a guy friend home so frequently to sleep over and....... do things..... at.... night...." Jessica teased and Yunho was the one blushing now. 

"Yah stop. I have to go back to work now. Take care." He said and got up hastily. "And you, don't you dare to bully my baby sister, you hear me? I will check on you very often." he pointed at Amber then strutted to the exit. 

Jessica burst out laughing and hitting Yuri's arm as she laughed. Yuri laughed too but her face showed that she was in pain because Jessica was hitting her too hard. "go home now, kiddo." Yuri urged and tried to calm Jessica down but she couldn't, because Jessica laughed very hard at silly little things. 


 

"Well yeah. I will... go and bathe now." Amber said, then she recalled Yunho's words. "D-do you want to j-join though?" 

Krystal's eyes widened and she stopped whatever that she was doing. Her cheeks were flushed and Amber felt embarrassed at her own request. As the silence grew longer, Amber became more nervous. "Ah never mind." She said hastily and rushed into the bathroom. 

Krystal heaved out a sigh in relief and placed her palm on her chest. She sat on the edge of their bed and thought that it was making her too dizzy. Bathing with Amber? She wouldn't be able to take it. 

Her phone vibrated, telling her that she had a new text

From: Jessica Unnie [5 57pm]

Are the two of you taking a bath together now? ;) just kidding. Anyway, there's a sale in the premium shopping mall near your school. We will go there tomorrow okay? Love you sis. :) 

To: Jessica Unnie [5 59pm]

Yah unnie!! :( Don't tease me. Tomorrow? After school? I will ask Amber if I can go. 

From: Jessica Unnie [6 01pm]

Asking permission from your girl now? :P okay okay. Tell me soon okay? Anyway, oppa said he is telling omma and appa.

To: Jessica Unnie [6 02pm]

What?! NO OMG! They will kill me!!!!!! UNNIE HELP ME :(

From: Jessica Unnie [6 05pm]

They will definitely kill you! hah! But don't worry. As long as oppa is here, you don't have to worry too much. :) 

To: Jessica Unnie [6 07pm]

but.........................

From: Jessica Unnie [6 09pm]

No more buts. Don't worry too much and go rest :) remember to ask you baby if you could go to the mall tomorrow! The big baby of course! :P

Krystal puffed up her cheeks as she thought about her parents' reaction if they knew she was pregnant. They would kill her. 

"Krystal?!" Amber shouted from the bathroom. 

"Y-yes?" Krystal shouted back, hoping that Amber would not ask her to join her again. 

"Can you get me my towel? I forgot to take it in." Amber said. Krystal giggled softly because she remembered Amber quickly rushed into the bathroom without taking anything in as she was too embarrassed. "And the underwears and whatsoever too." Amber added. 

Krystal went to the wardrobe and opened it. She picked out Amber's sportsbra, a black tight fitting singlet and a pair of boxers. That's what Amber normally wore, she thought. 

She passed them to Amber who had her hand reaching out from the bathroom through the gap between the door and then Krystal went back to the wardrobe. She picked out her pajamas and towel then she moved back to the bed. She waited for Amber to come out so she could go for a bath after that. 

When Amber was out, Krystal stood up and walked towards the bathroom, trying to avoid Amber's glance in her way. "Did you pick this out on purpose?" Amber asked. 

"W-why?" Krystal stopped and turned around, confused. 

"It is too tight. So... i thought you did it on purpose." Amber shrugged then plopped herself onto the bed. 

Krystal blushed again as she understood what Amber said. No, she didn't. She thought Amber always wore that. But she couldn't deny that Amber looked appealing in that. Then she shook her head and went into the bathroom. 

 

 

Amber scrolled through her timeline on Twitter and laughed when she saw Minho's tweet. God damn it, I saw a pretty girl but 'she' is actually a boy! 

Then Amber clicked on the reply icon and teased. Did you ask for his name then? Maybe he likes you too! :P

It didn't take long for Minho to reply back and Kai joined in as well. Minho was actually hitting on him and he said that his name is Taemin! I was there too!!!

Minho defended himself Yah yah! I am straight okay!

Amber laughed. Straight but bent in a way? ;)

The bathroom door swung open and Amber put away her phone. She gulped when she saw Krystal in her pajamas. It was nothing y but the sight of it made Amber went hysterical. In her head of course. 

"Is there something wrong?" Krystal asked softly as she dried her hair. She realised that Amber was staring at her without blinking. 

"N-nah." Amber said. 

"Oh yah, can I go to the mall with unnie tomorrow? After school." Krystal asked, combing her hair as she looked at Amber's reflection through the mirror. 

Amber knew that Krystal was looking at her and she acting nonchalant. "Of course. Sure. Yeap." 

"Thank you." Krystal smiled. 

"I-I will ask Nichkhun to send the two of you there and ask Wooyoung to follow you. Just in case. And you can buy whatever you want. He will pay for you." Amber informed and then slumped herself into the bed. 

Krystal nodded and joined Amber on the bed. "I won't use your money, don't worry." She smiled and swtiched off the night lamp. 

"You can." Amber stated shortly. 

"But I won't." Krystal insisted. 

"WHY?!" Amber sat up and looked at Krystal's side even though she couldn't see anything yet. 

"Because it isn't my money." Krystal said calmly and felt Amber searching around for something.

Then, Amber found something warm and she grabbed it, assuming that it was Krystal's hand. "You can spend my money because what's mine is yours, soon. But whatever." 

"Uhm... but you don't have to grab my foot?" Krystal said.

Amber quickly released it and she coughed to clear the embarrassment. She laid back down and turned her back on Krystal. "Do whatever you want. I will still ask Wooyoung to pay for the things that you like." 

"Amber..." Krystal sighed. 

"Good night Krystal. Sweet dreams." Amber said. 

Krystal's heart flutter as it was the first time Amber greeted her good night and sweet dreams. Then a smile was plastered on her face and the two eventually drifted off the sleep after a long day.