Chapter 21

Turning Point

"Oh Jess-" 

"I am sorry halmoni, but I am looking for my sister." Jessica said in a rush and stormed past Mrs Liu who just stood up upon seeing her with Yuri. Jessica managed to get into the mansion because she said that she was Krystal's sister and Nichkhun had met her before, so he let her in. Mrs Liu kept quiet as she knew why was Jessica there. 

"Krystal!" Jessica called out as she pushed the door inward. She saw her sister sitting on the bed, looking at the wall in front of her blankly. Bad. "Where's that bast-" 

"unnie." 

"Alright, where's Amber? I am here to get her." Jessica said as she cracked her knuckles. Yuri gulped as she could imagine the steams coming out from Jessica's ears and nose. "Amber Liu! Come out now!" She spun around and shouted, looking for Amber's shadow. 

"She is not at home." Krystal said meekly. 

"What? She hit you and she ran off?" Jessica questioned. She could not believe that her sister was treated that way. "I will kill her when I find her." She hissed under her breath and walked toward Krystal. "You, pack your bag. you're leaving." 

Krystal looked up at her sister blankly, her eyes were wandering. "How about Amber?" 

"for god's sake." Jessica scoffed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Yuri, can you help me to pack her belongings?" She turned to Yuri and Yuri nodded immediately. "Now, you're leaving with me and you're not coming back. You will stay till the baby is out, and... just give it to her. Whatever, you can have another one. With another man."

Krystal remained quiet. She watched Yuri pack her stuffs, she was too tired to protest. When they were done, Yuri held her luggage and looked at Jessica, waiting for her to give instructions. So whipped. Jessica grabbed Krystal's phone on the night stand and tugged on her arm, asking her to get up from her bed which Krystal complied. As soon as they opened the bedroom door, Suzy was already standing there, leaning against the wall and smirking. "you're leaving? Well then, I won't send you off." Then she pushed herself off the wall and wanted to go back to the guest room but Jessica charged forward to grab a bunch of her hair. 

"You bloody , you must be the Suzy. Argh that face, no wonder Amber likes you." Jessica grumbled on and on and kept tugging on Suzy's hair. Suzy kept screaming and yelping until Nichkhun dashed up the stairs and broke the two off. By the way, Krystal and Yuri were too stunned to do anything. "Get away from me! YURI!" Jessica tried to break free from Nichkhun's grasp and she screamed at Yuri when Yuri still watched her with mouth agape. 

Yuri dropped the luggage quickly and went to Jessica. Nichkhun stood away and bowed to them. "Bloody hell!" Jessica snarled at him and shoot him a piercing glare. Nichkhun did not react and he went to stand aside, with his hands in front of him, looking serious. Jessica rolled her eyes at the expressionless guard or whatever and stared at Suzy. "You better stay away from my sister. Or you, die!" Then she grabbed Krystal by the arm and pulled her down the stairs. Krystal had to remind her to slow down and Jessica remembered she was pregnant. 

"I apologise for what my granddaughter has done, but Jessica-ssi, can you please not take Krystal away?" Mrs Liu asked, her face apologetic. 

Jessica removed her hold on Krystal's arm and folded her arms in front of her chest. "I am sorry. but I can't let my sister suffer anymore. She hit her, nobody hits my sister. She's even pregnant." Jessica reasoned pompously. 

Mrs Liu nodded. "I am aware of that. But Amber was not in her right mind just now. She acted on impulse. She is not someone who hits people." 

"Oh yeah? And she hit my sister? I am really sorry for being rude but I can't tolerate this. I cannot. I believe it could be worse if my parents found out about it. So thank god that I am informed. She better be grateful. Now, if you excuse us." Jessica smiled at the last sentence, sarcastically. 

Krystal looked at Mrs Liu meekly and bowed as she walked past her. Jessica didn't let go of her hand until they stopped in front of Yuri's car. "Yuri, I will sit at the back." Jessica told Yuri as she loaded Krystal's luggage to the back. Yuri simply nodded. She knew it better not to argue with Jessica at that moment. 

 

 

 

 

"Amber." 

"Amber~"

"Liu Yi Yun." 

Amber stirred around and slowly opened her eyes. She blinked a few times for her eyes to be adjusted to the brightness. "argh..." She groaned and hit the side of her head a few times to ease the throb, but it didn't help. Instead, it got worse when she sat up. "." She hissed and closed her eyes to fight away the pain. 

"Amber," 

"What?" Amber asked, a little frustrated. 

"get up now." 

Wow, she had never heard of that voice before. "Who are you?" she asked, eyes still shut tightly as the pain did not fade away. 

"Lay." 

"What Lay?" Amber asked again, not processing the name. 

"Lay Kim. I am Kai's brother." Lay said. 

Amber nodded. She did not care if Lay was Kai's brother or lover, she just knew that her head was splitting. 

"I will get you something to drink." Lay said and rushed off. 

Amber groaned and stirred about. Then her eyes suddenly fluttered open. She looked around and saw that she was in a... room and on a... bed. She checked if she was fully clothed and thank god, she was. She heaved a sigh of relief and felt that her headache suddenly went away. Adrenaline, maybe. She got off the bed and wore her shoes back. She was still in the suit that she wore to work the day before. She smelt herself and realised that she stink. 

"Why are you smelling yourself?" Lay chuckled when he saw Amber sniffing herself. He passed Amber a cup of warm tea and sat down on the bed. Amber took the cup in hand and stared at him. "What?"

"Who are you?" She asked, eyeing him wearily.

"Didn't I say it just now? I am Lay. Lay Kim. Kai's brother." Lay repeated patiently. 

Amber surveyed him then nodded. They resembled each other a little. Then she took a small sip of the tea and raised up the cup, "thanks." she said to Lay. 

Lay shrugged and gave a half-smile. "Are you feeling better?"

Amber nodded, finishing her tea. She placed the empty cut down afterward and sat beside Lay. "so... where are the two?"

"Minho and Kai? They're working. You're resting in the staff lounge." Lay answered. 

"They have a bed here?" 

"Uhuh. Just in case they need to sleep. They work through the night." Lay replied. 

Amber nodded. It made sense. Then she asked, "so what are you doing here?" 

Lay looked at her and gave her a lazy smile. "To help you." 

 

 

 

 

From: Amber [ 1 28pm]

Hey please don't be mad at me anymore. I was drunk yesterday. Really. I didn't know why was I so angry. But I know it was not a good reason for me to hit you. I never thought that I would do such a coward thing. So despicable. I am sorry. I am really really sorry. Please forgive me? :(

Krystal read the message and did not know what to do. She stared at it and didn't realise that her sister was already seated beside her, reading the text from her shoulder as well. "You better not reply her." Krystal jumped up when she could hear her sister's voice and could even feel the vibration near her ear. She looked to her side and whined at her sister. "Unnie, you scared me!" 

Jessica munched on her biscuit and said, "why? Did you do something behind my back? Like replying her?" 

Krystal shook her head. She sighed and placed the phone on the coffee table in front of them. "I don't know what to say. Unnie-"

*BUZZ BUZZ*

From: Amber [ 1 32pm]

Are you sleeping or something? Have you had your lunch yet? Do you want to have lunch together? I am going home now.

"Pssh she thinks that you will wait for her at home even after she slapped you. ha ha Krystal Jung. you fail." Jessica scoffed. 

Krystal ignored her sister and was about to reply when her sister snatched the phone away. "UNNIE!"

"uh uh, you are not replying her. But I can help you to reply." Jessica smirked and held the phone away from Krystal as she tried to snatch away. But Krystal relented when she did not want to get too physical with her sister, just in case her baby would get hurt. She plopped herself down on the sofa and crossed her arms in front of her chest. 

To: Amber [ 1 35pm]

Don't bother looking for me anymore. 

From: Amber [ 1 36pm]

WHAT?! Where the heck are you Krystal?!

From: Amber [ 1 38pm]

Krystal?! I am really sorry! please go home....

From: Amber [ 1 40pm]

I will look for you. Stay where you are. Don't run away from me. What about our baby?

To: Amber [ 1 42pm]

So it is your baby now?

From: Amber [ 1 43pm]

Krystal.... I am really sorry.

To: Amber [ 1 44pm]

okay.

"I will go up and change. You better not reply her message you hear me? We will have samyetang together. Your baby must be hungry. Look at you, pouting all the way." Jessica said and patted her sulky sister's head. Krystal rolled her eyes and wanted to take her phone from the table but Jessica shot a glare at her. Krystal pulled back her hand and crossed back her arms in front of her chest. 

Jessica smiled in satisfaction and then went into the room. 

*Buzz Buzz*

She looked at her sister's room before she slowly reached for her phone. 

From: Amber [ 1 48pm]

I will do whatever it takes to get you back. I swear. You are not leaving me because the baby is mine too. 

Krystal closed the text and placed it back onto the table.Just in time, her sister came out of the room with a new set of clothes. "you're such a good girl. Now let's go." Jessica said with a soft smile as she thought that her sister had listened to her. Little did she know that her sister was now conflicting within herself after reading the text.