Chapter 13

Turning Point

"Who is he?" Jessica whispered to her little sister who was replying to her text message. 

"Wooyoung." Krystal replied, smiling because of an obvious reason.

"Yah, stop dating with your phone. You're out with me, not your phone!" Jessica complained and knocked her sister's forehead lightly. Krystal rubbed the spot where her sister had knocked and pouted at her sister, slipping the phone into her pocket. 

"It's just Amber." she grumbled and Jessica linked her arm with her. 

"Just Amber? Just?" Jessica teased and Krystal's cheeks filled with crimson red. Then, Jessica saw a pair of hot shorts and she pulled her sister over. "Wow! look at it! So pretty!" Her eyes twinkled as she really liked the shorts. 

Krystal gave it a nonchalant look and her gaze shifted to the dress on the other section. "This is better." She said, taking the dress in her hand and showing it to her sister. She placed it in front of her body and looked into the mirror, twisting and turning to see if it suited her. 

"No, I prefer this!" Jessica said happily, holding up a blue shirt saying Legalized Gay

Krystal shook her head and placed the dress that she was holding on back. Meanwhile, Wooyoung took note of what Krystal liked and he asked the worker to wrap it up. 

 

 

Unknown to the oblivion Krystal, Wooyoung had already packed about twenty four clothes and accessories that Krystal was fond of but didn't buy because she didn't have any money. Of course, she had checked if Wooyoung had carried out Amber's order but she didn't see any shopping bags in Wooyoung's hands so she continued window-shopping. 

"Unnie, I am hungry." Krystal whined when her sister almost pulled her into another store. Jessica stopped and looked at her sister with a pouty look. 

"Is the baby protesting now? Aigoo... Alright alright, let's eat first." Jessica said and ruffled Krystal's fringe. "Your hair is getting out of hand now, let's go for a haircut later. 

Krystal just nodded and the two sisters strolled to the fast food restaurant at the other side of the shopping mall. 

"Krystal-ssi, Miss Liu said that you cannot eat fast food." Wooyoung informed with a little bow in front of the two sisters when they were about to step into the restaurant. 

Jessica rolled her eyes, "then what are we supposed to eat?" 

"Miss Liu said to bring you to eat bulgogi." Wooyoung stated and waited for the two sisters to reply. 

Krystal's lips curved into a smile as Amber remembered that she liked to eat beef. "Okay. Is it okay with you unnie?" 

Jessica sighed. "Of course,what else can I say? You will just do what your girl wants you to." Then, she looked at her fingernails and smirked as she looked at Krystal from the corner of her eyes. Krystal was blushing big time. 

"This way, please." Wooyoung ushered and the two sisters followed after. Krystal felt her phone vibrating in her pocket and she fished it out immediately. Her face lit up when she saw the caller ID. 

"Hello?" she smiled. Jessica observed the facial expression and she knew exactly who Krystal was speaking to. 

"Hello Krystal. Have you eaten?" 

"N-no. We're going to eat now."

"Bulgogi?"

Krystal could picture Amber smiling with her crooked smile as she asked. "Ne." 

"Alright. Have fun then. I shall not disturb you." 

"Okay." Krystal said, she wanted to talk more but she couldn't think of anything to talk about. She heard Amber sigh softly on the line and she said, "take care Amber, see you later."

"See you." 

Then, Krystal ended the call first as they had reached the restaurant. Jessica looked at Krystal slyly and wanted to but she saw that Krystal didn't look okay. "What's wrong?" she asked as the waiter escorted them to their table.

"I don't know..." Krystal said sulkily. 

Jessica placed her shopping bags on the chair beside her and looked up to face Krystal who was seated opposite to her. "Aren't you happy that you talked to her? She called you." 

"I know. But..." Krystal sighed and gave a weak smile at the waiter who filled their glasses with water. "But, we seem to have nothing to talk about." she continued after the waiter left. 

Jessica chuckled, "it takes time. Any way, you two barely know each other." She shrugged and took a sip of the water. 

"I have already placed orders for you, Jessica-ssi and Krystal-ssi." Wooyoung said and then moved back to stand a distance away from the sisters. Krystal puckered her lips as she thought about her sister's words. 

"You're right. But, there's this... awkwardness... that suffocates me." Krystal said. "We have to sleep in a room together, on the same bed and there's pretty much nothing to talk about. It is as good as sleeping with a stranger." 

"You did that." Jessica replied nonchalantly 

"Unnie! I am serious here." Krystal whined and furrowed her eyebrows. 

Jessica laughed. "Okay okay." She sat up straight and looked at her sister seriously that made Krystal think that she wasn't being serious enough. "Have the two of you gone on a date together, yet?" 

Krystal shook her head. "She's busy and I need to study." 

"Aww come on. She can't be always busy and you can't be always studying, right?" Jessica said whiningly. 

The waiter served them their food and Krystal said," it's awkward." 

"see, that's the problem." Jessica said and watched as the waiter left. "The two of you, think that it is awkward to do things that couples do. So no one initiates anything." She poked a piece of meat with her fork and ate it. 

"She has a girlfriend, unnie." Krystal sighed, chewing on her beef as well. 

"What? She still hasn't broken up with that girl? And she said she loves you?" Jessica exclaimed, feeling a little pissed as Amber toyed with her sister's feeling. 

"I think... Amber just said it so that oppa will allow me to keep the baby. She wants the baby after all." Krystal mumbled, her heart clenched as the thought of it wasn't that nice. 

"I will talk to her soon." 

"But unnie-"

"No buts. Eat well. Go for a haircut later. That's it. Final." Jessica said, biting on the meat angrily as she imagined it as Amber. 

 


"You're home." Amber smiled when she came back after her work. Krystal had her back facing Amber as she laid on the bed. Upon hearing the deep and tired voice, Krystal put away her phone and turned around to sit up. 

She watched as the tomboy moved around to room to take off her tie, her blazer, her belt and then her fingers brushed through her hair. Amber opened the wardrobe and took out a fresh set of clothes before she went to the bathroom. It had always been like that. Amber would come home and did her own things while Krystal would either be resting or studying. 

Krystal listened as the water run in the bathroom with a few sighs escaping from Amber's lips. Her mind replaying her sister's words as she was having her haircut. 

Initiate something. 

She closed her eyes. 

She will like it. 

She breathed out. 

Go with the flow. 

She opened her eyes and grabbed the towel on the chair. 

 

"Krystal?" Amber called out, with her eyes closed as she was washing her hair. The shampoo flowed down and it stung when she tried to open her eyes. Amber turned around when she heard the door click shut, still with her eyes closed tightly. "Krystal is it you?" 

Krystal inched forward, her heart pounding wildly as the figure behind the shower curtain was so tempting. She removed her clothes piece by piece, then she looked into the mirror. Her baby bump was big then. She wondered if Amber would be turned off if she saw it. Then she jumped up when the shower curtain opened. 

"K-k-kr- wh-what ar-are you d-doing?" Amber asked, stunned. 

Krystal quickly pulled the towel up to cover her bare body and her face flushed as Amber was still looking at her. 

"D-don't y-you know that I-I am inside?" Amber asked, trying to stay calm and she, too, covered her body with the curtain. 

"I know." Krystal replied meekly and looked down. 

Amber could hear fireworks in her brain. Did Krystal mean that she knew that she was in the bathroom but she still went in because she wanted to shower with her? A smirk plastered on her face and Amber slowly stood out from the shower stall. "Is it?" she asked as she slowly approached Krystal. 

Krystal nodded, backing slowly as Amber inched forward. Then the heels of her feet hit the wall, she looked up, her face showed nervousness. 

"You ask for it." Amber whispered seductively into Krystal's ear. Krystal shivered and pushed Amber away when Amber stuck her body close to her before she ran out of the bathroom. 

Amber laughed as she watched Krystal running out of the bathroom. She shook her head. She knew that Krystal was trying but it was still awkward for them. 

 

"Don't do that again." Amber teased when she was done dressing and went out of the bathroom. Krystal was already dressed too and she sat on the bed, playing with her own fingers, looking down. 

"You had a hair cut?" Amber asked, plopping down beside Krystal who jumped due to the sudden weight. 

She nodded but didn't speak. Her hair covering her face. 

"Let me see?" Amber requested. 

Krystal slowly looked up and that moment, that very moment, Amber couldn't hear anything else other than the beats of her heart.