Chapter 25

Turning Point

Amber watched closely through her narrowed eyes as Yoona fed a spoonful of rice into Krystal's mouth. Her fingers gripped onto her utensils strongly and could feel her own feet jumping up and down the floor. In another word, she just could not sit still and watch the lovey-dovey scene in front of her. Jessica did not even let Amber sit with Krystal and asked her to sit opposite her instead. Her food was still intact on the dining table while the other four were eating happily away, or act like they did. 

"Look at you, clumsy girl." Yoona teased and wiped away the sauce at the corner of Krystal's lips with her thumb. Krystal's face was as red as a tomato and she glimpsed at Amber, only to see her glaring at Yoona with her nose flaring. She was angry.

Jessica observed quietly and nudged Yuri on the ribcage. Yuri almost choked and she coughed as she looked at Jessica. She noticed the glare from Jessica and quickly nodded, telling the girl beside her that she got the message. Then, they resumed to eating. Amber's stomach growled suddenly when she was still eyeing Yoona. She realised that she had to eat something if not she would be starved and would have no energy to compete with Yoona. Krystal saw Amber suddenly gobble down the food in her plate and then rose from her seat, putting the plate in the sink. 

"Oh you're done? Just wait awhile, we're finishing soon." Jessica said with indifference and Amber just nodded as she chewed on her food that was still in . Soon, everyone was done eating and Yoona helped Krystal to put her plate in the sink. Amber wanted to help, but Jessica told her to wash the dishes. Krystal was worried that Amber might not be able to take it any longer because of all the labour done and harsh treatment from Jessica. It was hell. 

"Do your work later, Yul." Jessica whispered to Yuri before she got up from her seat and Yuri nodded. She got up from her seat too and grabbed her car key before she headed out of the house to buy something from the store. Krystal had a little frown on her face as she did not know where was Yuri going to at night without Jessica. Yoona patted Krystal's hand and gave her an assuring smile. Krystal felt that something was fishy. 

They watched the television while Amber was busy washing the dishes. It had only been the second day and she could already feel the lethargic in her body. Her muscles were aching due to all the labour work but, she did not want to back down. Sure, there were times when she just wanted to give up but every time, something will be gnawing her at the back of her mind, telling her not to give up. 

"I am done." she informed Jessica who was sitting beside Krystal on the sofa. And Krystal? Yoona had her arm locked with hers. Amber did not see the need to be so intimate even when they were at home. But she knew that Yoona liked Krystal, it was a valid reason for her to offer skinship to Krystal who seemed to be okay with it. 

Jessica looked up and nodded at Amber. "Take a seat then." Amber almost broke into a smile when she could finally rest but then she realised that she had no space to sit on the sofa, so she could only sit on the floor, again. Sometimes, she wondered how would people react if they found out that the heir of ALNO Company, the successor, was being treated like a maid. But she told herself that it would be worthy when Krystal returned to her side. 

She sat on the floor awkwardly in front of the sofa and Jessica suddenly clicked her tongue. "Yah, you stink. Go and have a shower." Amber turned around and saw Jessica directing it at her. Her face flushed as Jessica just said that she stank in front of Krystal who threw a mere glance at her. She quickly got up and rushed to grab her clothes for a shower. 

Once she was out of sight, Jessica and Yoona burst into a fit of laughter while Krystal giggled quietly. She admitted that Amber did smell a little because of all the work that she had done that day. She giggled because Amber's face was crimson red when Jessica embarrassed her. It was cute, she thought. 

A while later, Yuri was back with some grocery bags in her hands and Jessica got up to help her. "All checked." Yuri grinned and Jessica leaned in to give her a peck on the lips which made Yuri's lips stretch into a wide smile. "Now, who is going to do the job later?" Yuri asked, placing the bags down on the dining table. 

Yoona walked to where Yuri was standing at and she said, "you, of course." Krystal's eyebrows furrowed deep and her head tilted to the right as her sister did not keep her up with her plan. So, she could only wait for them to carry it out. 

 

 

 

Amber made sure that she smelt good before she finally stepped out of the shower. She changed into a new set of clothes and put her dirty clothes in the laundry basket. "Amber!" She jumped when she heard the voice then she turned her head around with her eyes rounded. 

"Jessica and the two went out, it is time for us to slack!" Yuri cheered and Amber eyed her. 

"They went out?" She asked, feeling sour that Krystal was going out with Yoona

Yuri nodded then grabbed Amber by the wrist. "Let's have a drink and talk. I have always wanted to talk with you." She pressed Amber down by the shoulders to sit on the chair and then she went opposite to sit down as well. Amber looked at the beer cans on the dining table and she gulped. "C'mon, don't be a chicken. They won't know." 

"What do you mean by they won't know? I get drunk easily. No, no." Amber waved her hands in front of her face and disagreed. 

Yuri gave a nervous laugh as she did not expect that Amber would reject this offer. "But, I really need to talk to you about something. About... Yoona." She quickly said. Then she heaved a sigh of relief quietly when she saw Amber looking interested. "Let's drink and talk." 

Amber relented and she opened a can of beer. Yuri raised her beer can up and Amber did the same. The two took a gulp each and hissed as they let the cold beer run down their throat. It was refreshing. "So, what about her?" Amber asked, taking another gulp. She could not help it, it was kind of addicting. 

"Ah... Yoona..." Yuri chuckled nervously and tapped on the can as she tried to think of something to say. "Oh! I think she will be sleeping with Krystal tonight. Jessica said that I will be sleeping with her, of course. So Krystal has to move back to her own room and Yoona will share a room with her. And for you... you will sleep in the living room."

Amber widened her eyes upon receiving the fresh information and she clenched her can tightly. "What? Jessica is letting them sleep together? Ridiculous! I am her fiancee and I can't sleep with her?" She gulped down the rest of the beer in her can and opened another one. Yuri watched in awe as Amber could handle the bitterness of the beer.

"Well, Krystal agreed it." Yuri said, knowing that it would anger Amber more. 

"She what? God, am I invisible now?" Amber raised her voice and Yuri was a little scared, given her record of being violent when she was drunk. The second can, down. 

"Aye, you don't have to get jealous. They are just cousins." Yuri reminded her and took a small sip of the beer. 

Amber reached out for the third can and Yuri could already see her face getting redder. It was a sign. She fished out her phone under the table and gave a miss call to Jessica, telling her that she could start her plan now. "How can I not be jealous? You know, first was Jonghyun, that dino face, then now? A Krystal look-alike? Is she sick? She likes someone who looks like her?" Amber slurred a little and she grimaced as she finished the third can.

"Wow, bro, you're drinking too much." Yuri said, she did not want Amber to pass out. Amber did not care and wanted to open the fourth can when the front door flung open. Jessica pretended to be storming toward them and scolded Yuri. "Kwon Yuri! how can you drink at home! You promised that you will never drink again!" She jabbed her finger on Yuri's chest and Yuri grimaced in pain. 

Amber groaned when she heard Jessica's voice and she pushed back the chair. "Jessica," She slurred, pointing at Jessica and her finger could not even point straight. Jessica folded her arms in front of her and arched an eyebrow up. "Why did you bring them out?" Amber questioned, pointing between Yoona and Krystal. 

Krystal went stiff when she saw that Amber was drunk. It was not good. She did not expect her sister to make Amber drunk. "Yah you!" She jumped when Amber snarled at her, teetering toward her. She could not even walk straight. Krystal felt Yoona giving a squeeze in her hand, they were holding hands. "Why are you holding hands? Is that ap-ppropriate?" Amber questioned again, her eyes were wandering about. Krystal wanted to let go of the hand but Yoona held onto it tighter. She looked at her sister and shook her head, telling her sister that it was not a good idea to provoke Amber when she was drunk. 

"Why can't we hold hands?" Yoona challenged. "It isn't like I force her into it." 

Amber gave a sarcastic laugh and turned around to find Jessica. Yuri had her guard up as she did not want Amber to attack on Jessica. "Why? Jessica. I am doing whatever that you're asking me to. But... you keep pushing her away from me!" She shouted at the last sentence. 

Krystal kept trying to let go of Yoona's hand but Yoona told her to keep still. "I didn't push her away from you. You did." Jessica said in a matter of fact tone. 

Amber sighed out heavily. She was stuck between Yuri and Jessica, and Krystal and Yoona. "All of you, are against me." She said, pointing round the entire house. Then she fell onto the ground as she was too dizzy to stand still. Krystal wanted to lurch forward to catch her but Yoona pulled her back. Jessica asked Yuri to help her up and Amber swatted Yuri's hand away. Yuri mumbled a soft sorry as she sympathized Amber. 

"Krystal... Soojung-ah..." Amber called out, she could feel hot tears at the back of her eyes. She got up slowly, stumbling a little and walked closer to Krystal. "Why? Am I not good enough?" She asked, pointing at herself and dropped her hand by her side. She was feeling weak. "Does she make you happy? Isn't Jonghyun enough already? Why are you always doing this to me!" She raised her voice again and grabbed onto Krystal's shoulders. Krystal's eyes were wide in fright and she could not move her body. She was scared. Amber raised her hand and Krystal closed her eyes immediately, waiting for the hand to reach her cheek and to feel the stinging pain afterward. But no, instead, it was a gentle and soft touch on her cheek. "You think that I will hit you, right? I am sorry, really. I did not mean to do that... Soojung-ah..." Krystal looked into Amber's eyes and noticed the contrite tone in her apology. Her heart softened and Amber collapsed into her as her knees gave away. Yoona quickly helped Krystal to hold Amber up as Amber could hurt the baby because of her weight. 

"Yuri, quick. Carry her to the bed." Jessica said, poking on Yuri's arms. Yuri darted forward and helped Yoona first. She swept Amber off the ground and carried her into Krystal's room. Krystal followed closely and she felt bad for Amber. Amber was trying but Jessica was not satisfied yet. And, she could see that Amber was really remorseful. "Krys, I will leave it to you, alright?" Jessica said, patting on Krystal's cheek. Krystal nodded. She had to take care of Amber again, after she was drunk. "Yoong, let's go out." Jessica said to Yoona and then she took Yuri's hand, pulling her out of the room as well. 

Krystal watched as the trio walk out of the room and close the door behind them. Somehow, it made her feel relieved that they were out of sight. She looked at Amber and brushed her fringe off her forehead. "Pabo ah..." She mumbled and then covered Amber properly with her blanket. She saw Amber chewing on nothing in and then mumbled a few incoherent words. "Kry...no..." 

Her heart gave away when Amber snuggled close to her, hugging her by her waist and nuzzling her belly. She felt her baby kick inside of her and she smiled, because her baby must have missed Amber badly. Krystal broke Amber's hug away and pushed her gently to sleep on the side. Amber searched around for warmth and Krystal did not let her wait for too long, she lay down beside Amber and let Amber's arms encircle around her. She sighed in contentment as she had missed the girl, she realised. 

 

 

 

"So where do I sleep?" Yuri asked, looking at Jessica and Yoona who were sitting on Jessica's bed already. 

"Sofa." Jessica replied and pointed out of her room. 

"What?! Sica ah!" Yuri protested. 

"Out." 

"Fine...." Yuri relented and went out of the room. "You lucky bastard..." She looked at Krystal's room and referred to Amber.