Chapter 16

Turning Point

SHORT UPDATE BECAUSE I AM RUSHING! :) 

 

 

"Amber, can you pass me the jam please?" Suzy asked, holding on to a toast. They were seated around the dining table, with Amber at the tail end and Suzy and Krystal by each of her sides. Krystal was on the left while Suzy was on the right. Amber reached for the jam lazily and passed it to Suzy who gave her the sweet smile that made Amber shiver a little. 

"Do you want anything else Krystal?" Amber asked, turning to her left. Krystal was munching on her toast quietly and she shook her head without even looking at Amber. "Tea? Are you still having morning sickness?" 

Krystal chewed on her food as she looked to her right, then her gaze shifted down to the plate in front of her. "Nope." She replied meekly and stood up as she pushed her chair back. "I am done." she said quietly and wanted to clean the table. 

"Leave it there. Rebecca will do it. Are you going to school now?" Amber looked up to see Krystal who was still not looking at her. Krystal nodded and turned around, wanted to go upstairs to change her clothes. "Okay." Amber said as Krystal climbed up the stairs, not caring about Amber's reply at all, or acted like she didn't care. 

"Are you sending her to school?" Suzy asked, with a hint of jealousy. 

"Yeap." Amber nodded. She sipped on her coffee and took one last bite on her toast before she stood up too, wanted to find Krystal. 

"Can't Nichkhun do it?" Suzy asked, grabbing Amber's arm and pouted. 

"That's my job." Amber said nonchalantly, peeling Suzy's hand off her arm. Then she walked up the stairs coolly, not even caring when Suzy called her. 

 

 

"Uhm, I will leave. I just wanted to take my- oh Amber..." Krystal was mumbling when she heard the door creak open then when she turned around, she saw Amber. She didn't expect Amber to be there because she thought Suzy might want to talk to her. 

"Are you done?" Amber asked, shoving her hands into her back pockets. 

"What?" Krystal frowned, turning back to choose her clothes. Her newly bought clothes. They looked pretty and they suited her perfectly. Amber liked how Krystal was starting to doll up herself but she wondered if it was because of Jonghyun. 

"Are you done looking for your clothes and are you done avoiding me?" Amber asked, bluntly. 

Krystal stopped whatever that she was doing when she heard the last question. She breathed out slowly and grabbed the blue dress out. "I am going to change." She said, walking past Amber. 

Amber grabbed Krystal's arm again when she was about to leave the room. "Wait. I am not done." She turned Krystal to face her, gently. "I know that you are not happy that Suzy is moving in with us-"

"No I am fine." Krystal smiled, faintly. She was still not looking at Amber., she looked at the ground as if it was whom she was talking to. 

"No you are not. You cried." Amber said. She felt a squeeze at her heart when she recalled the day before. 

"I... I am going to be late for school." Krystal said, taking a step forward but Amber pulled her back roughly. Krystal winced in pain and rubbed her elbow where Amber had tugged on with a little too much force. 

"Look," Amber said, staring at Krystal even though the girl didn't look back. "This is just temporary. You are going to be my wife. You don't act like you are my mistress. You are moving back to this room," Amber pointed to the ground, stating the room. "Tonight." she ended. 

"Who is moving back?"

The two turned their heads to the doorway. Suzy had her arms crossed in front of her chest, looking displeased and sour at the same time. "She's not moving back and sleeping with you!" She said, glaring at Krystal but talking to Amber. 

"What's your problem?" Amber questioned, staring back at Suzy. She didn't know why the girl became so unlike the Suzy she once knew. The Suzy who always gave in to her and listened to her. 

"My problem?" Suzy asked back, she let out a sarcastic chuckle. "is her." The smile on her face faded and her eyes pierced right into Krystal. Krystal could feel the tense atmosphere and it made her hard to breathe. 

"I am sorry." She muttered and wanted to leave the room but Suzy blocked her way. 

"Didn't Amber say that you're going to sleep here tonight?" Suzy asked her, smiling at her which made Krystal shiver. 

Amber watched silently. She doubted that Suzy would dare to hurt Krystal physically since she was there. 

"Well, you can sleep here tonight." Suzy smiled. Amber frowned. Then she looked at Amber, "baby, we are moving to the guest room tonight." 

Amber looked at Suzy incredulously. She thought the girl had gone mad. "You think that you're funny, Suzy?" She asked, feigning laughter. 

"And you think that it is funny to ask another girl to share the bed with you?" Suzy retorted. Krystal wanted to slip away quietly while the couple was fight but Suzy screamed at her to come back. 

"Don't shout at her!" Amber raised her voice, her shoulders heaving up and down. 

"And you shout at me?" Suzy asked, she looked hurt. 

Krystal was stuck in between them and she clenched her fists tightly, gripping onto her blue dress. "Stop." 

Amber's attention shifted to Krystal. Krystal tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing her face that she kept hiding. Her eyes were swollen. Amber grimaced slightly as she knew that the girl cried last night. A lot. 

"I am not sleeping here. You can have Amber all you want. And, please don't always get me into your fight." She said, then strided out of the room, leaving Amber speechless and Suzy even angrier. 

"She has got an attitude huh?" Suzy laughed. 

"You are mad." Amber said, looking at Suzy like as if she was crazy. 

"Yes I am mad. And you will pay!" Suzy spat. Then Amber rolled her eyes and stormed out of the room.