Chapter 30

Turning Point

Amber came out from the bathroom, drying her damp hair and she tossed the set of suit into the laundry basket as she walked into the kitchen. When she saw Krystal waiting for her, she snuck to the back and gave a hug around the neck. Krystal was a little startled when she felt the strong force pulling her then she melted into Amber's embrace when Amber nuzzled her neck. "Let's eat, they're turning cold." Krystal said, patting Amber's forearm and Amber pulled away, smiling because she saw Krystal doing the same. 

"You cooked all of these?" Amber asked, amused and wanted to tease the girl a little. Krystal nodded sheepishly and Amber tapped her finger on her chin. "Should I risk my life eating these... or shall we call for delivery?" 

Krystal's face changed immediately and Amber chuckled out when she saw the disappointment all over Krystal's face. "just kidding. I will eat them, even if you poisioned them." She caressed Krystal's hand on the table and held up her chopsticks, looking at the dishes and she could hear her own stomach growling. She took a piece of meat and put it in , chewing on it without giving any comment. Krystal watched intently and panicked when Amber did not even utter a word. 

"H-how's it?" she asked timidly, afraid that the food that she had prepared was not to Amber's liking. 

Amber looked at Krystal for about 5 seconds before she broke into a huge grin, "Excellent." 

Krystal heaved a sigh of relief and smacked Amber on the arm, "you scared me..." 

Amber rubbed on the spot where Krystal had hit and she moved her face closer to Krystal, "you even dare to hit me now huh?" She teased and then sat back when Krystal shot a short glare at her. She giggled like a fool and continued eating the food that her beloved had cooked, they tasted great. "Sorry, I was a little late." 

"It's okay. I know that you're busy." Krystal said understandingly. The both of them carried on eating in silence until Amber explained the reason why she was late. 

"I... went over to Suzy's house just now. She wanted me to stay. But..." 

Krystal's jaw stopped moving for a few seconds then she forced out a smile. "It's fine."

Amber noticed everything and she sighed, putting her chopsticks down. "No it isn't fine."

"Amber..." Krystal put down her utensils as well and placed her hand on top of Amber's. 

"Jessica is gonna be so mad at me again if she found out that I bought a house for Suzy and called it 'our home'." Amber her dry lips before she continued. "You're gonna be so mad at me, too, when I stay over there for a few nights sometimes because she asks to." She looked at the girl intently. "But you will not say a word even if you're mad. I know you, Krystal. I hate it. I hate myself." Amber pushed back her chair and stood up, grabbing a lock of her hair. Krystal couldn't seem to find a word to say and she watched Amber open a can of beer, gulping it down. "Why am I such a coward? I am scared to ask for a break-up with her, Krystal. Do you know why?" 

Krystal shook her head, her eyes filled with worries and fear when she saw Amber being so frustrated. 

"Because... because she has a suitor." Amber said, opening another can. Krystal was confused. So what if Suzy had a suitor? Was it because Amber did not like the idea of someone else taking Suzy away because she was jealous? Or because Amber still liked Suzy and did not want her to go away? Krystal was confused. 

Amber turned around and noticed Krystal's gaze. She smiled and said, "It isn't because I am jealous that she has a suitor and will be taken away from me. I have you and that's enough." Krystal felt her heart getting lighter and she looked down at her hands that were on her laps and smiled to herself. "He is Hoya. The heir of Lee." 

"The heir of Lee?" Krystal asked

"Yeah. His brother, Lee Minho is the third most influential man in Asia. One word, just one word, the whole company will be down." Amber chuckled sadly. She quaffed down another can and squeezed the can in her palm. "Don't think that wealth is all that matters to me, Krystal. Don't think of that." She walked back to the dining table and sat down, taking Krystal's hand in her left hand. "I am scared because she threatened me that if I leave her again, she will make me suffer." She looked down, not wanting Krystal to see that her eyes were b with tears. "And I will not be the only one who is suffering. You will suffer. Grandma will suffer. The workers will suffer. Krystal, our baby will suffer." 

Krystal's eyebrows knitted closely together when she heard Amber sob quietly while looking down. She used her free hand to cup Amber's cheek and felt that it was warm. She must be drunk already. She was right. Amber collapsed onto the dining table and the chopsticks were pushed to the floor. Krystal pressed her lips together and pulled out her hand from Amber's grip, she picked up the chopsticks and placed them back onto the table. She took a look on the table and sighed because there was quite a lot of food left. 

So she is troubled because of all these? It all made sense to her now why did Amber look so tired. She cupped Amber's cheek and used her thumb to rub on the red cheek gently. She had so much to say to the sleeping girl. Words like 'everything will be fine' 'i am here for you if you need me' 'i will stay with you even when you're down' but she couldn't. Those words sounded too superficial. 

 

 

 

 

Amber woke up and found that she was lying on the bed comfortably. She could remember herself talking to Krystal but could not remember how she ended up on the bed. She felt around until she touched something warm. The girl was still sleeping soundly beside her and Amber could see the belly moving because the baby was kicking inside. She chuckled quietly and touched on the little bump that the baby had made. She pushed on it gently and it was gone. Then the bump appeared on the other side, she pushed it down again and watched it disappear. She continued playing with her baby until Krystal stirred on the bed. 

"Morning." Amber grinned. She used her elbow to support herself up and waited for Krystal to open her eyes fully once she had adjusted to the brightness. "Toast for breakfast?" Amber asked, she thought she could die when she saw how Krystal rub her eyes and yawn cutely. 

Krystal nodded and stretched, exposing her belly even more. Amber pulled her shirt down to cover her belly and said, "I was playing with the little monster just now. She was so active." Amber tapped on the belly and Krystal felt the baby kicking inside. 

"She knows you're calling her little monster." Krystal joked. 

Amber puffed up her cheeks and stuck her ear on Krystal's belly. It made Krystal's heart palpitate and she heard Amber talking to the baby. "How dare you kick mommy when I scold you, huh? Naughty girl." Amber heard some weird noises from the belly and she looked up. "Are you hungry?" Krystal's face reddened and she nodded. "Forget it. Let's have breakfast outside and we'll buy some new clothes for you. Come on, let's go and wash up." She reached for Krystal's hand and helped her to the bathroom. 

 

Once the both of them were done washing up and changing into fresh clothes, Amber picked up her phone and made a quick call to the company to take a leave on that day. Krystal protested but Amber shushed her down. Then, they went to have breakfast together in a coffee shop in the building and Krystal had two cheese cakes and one strawberry cake. Amber liked it when Krystal ate a lot, she wanted to order more but Krystal was full already. 

Then, they were on their way to the shopping mall to get some new clothes for Krystal. "It fits you!" Amber said, putting the dress in front of Krystal and she pictured Krystal wearing the dress. Krystal pushed it away and took a look at it. It was yellow in colour and the design was too flowery, she obviously didn't like it. "Don't like it?" Amber asked. Krystal shook her head meekly and Amber put it back. "How about this?" She picked out a baby blue dress that was not too flowery but was elegant. "You have the charisma." She complimented as she put it in front of Krystal's body again. 

Krystal felt her face flush when Amber complimented her. She looked at the dress and nodded in approve so Amber passed the dress to the salesperson happily. "How is it?" Krystal asked, holding on to a white dress that was sleeveless. Amber thought about it for a moment and shook her head. "Nah nah. You're exposing too much flesh if you wear that." She put it back on the hanger and chose another dress that was well-covered enough. "This is much better." She grinned and placed it in front of Krystal. Krystal sighed and nodded. Amber heard it and she frowned. "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." Krystal said, walking up to look at more clothes. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Amber insisted, tugging on Krystal's arm. Krystal stopped choosing the clothes and faced Amber. 

"You still don't trust me, right?" Krystal asked, sounding disappointed. 

Amber frowned and asked, "why do you even think of that?" 

"You don't let me wear clothes that are too 'revealing'," Krystal mimicked the quotation mark in the air and explained. 

Amber waved the salesperson off before she put her hands on Krystal's shoulders. "I... I trust you, okay? Why do you think that I don't trust you just because I don't let you wear revealing clothes?" 

Krystal looked away and mumbled, "because you don't like it when people look at me, even when they're not." 

"What?" Amber sounded exasperated. 

Krystal shook her head as she refused to speak more. Amber's head was spinning as she could not understand the girl. "Okay. Okay. We'll buy that dress, okay?" Amber said softly, looking into Krystal's eyes. 

"It is not because I want that dress, Amber." Krystal reasoned. 

"Then what?" Amber asked, she let go of Krystal and turned around, rubbing her face with her palm. 

"You're being possessive, Amber." Krystal explained patiently. 

Amber turned around with a look of annoyed. "how am possessive?" 

"It's just a sleeveless dress and you made a big fuss out of it." Krystal said. "Don't you have sleeveless shirts, too?" 

"I don't quite get what you're talking about and my patience is running out, Krystal." Amber said through her gritted teeth and breathed slowly to calm herself down. 

"What I am saying is, you don't allow me to do certain things because you don't like it. Isn't that selfish? Isn't that possessive?" Krystal questioned gently. Her voice was not demanding at all. 

Amber bit her inner cheek and she turned around to storm out of the store. Krystal knew that there was no point chasing after the angry tomboy because she was walking too fast away and pregnant woman can't run. So she continued browsing the sections of clothes and picked out a few that she liked, passing them to the salesperson and paying with her own money. When she walked out of the store, she saw Amber leaning on the pillar beside the store, looking guilty. 

Amber walked up and helped Krystal to take the shopping bags awkwardly. She rubbed the nape of her neck and bit her lip as she did not have the courage to apologise. Krystal waited for Amber to say something because Amber kept opening and closing . But a few moment later, Krystal gave up on waiting and she started walking first, Amber followed after her. 

"K-Krystal." Amber croaked out when they were walking around aimlessly. 

"Hmm?" Krystal hummed, she looked at the stores in the mall and waited for Amber to speak. 

"I... I am s-sorry." Amber stuttered. 

Krystal gave a small smile and nodded. "I am hungry, shall we have lunch now?" 

"Now?" Amber looked surprised as they just had their late breakfast about two hours ago. 

Krystal nodded. "If you don't mind." 

"Of course I don't mind. Come on, let's go." Amber grinned and took Krystal's hand in hers, she intertwined the fingers and felt her heart skipping a beat when Krystal's hand fit perfectly in hers. 

 

 

 

"Suzy, Suzy, please listen to me." A boyish looking man tugged on Suzy's arm as she was stomping away. It attracted quite a few people's attention and Suzy was annoyed that the man kept bugging her. 

"Can you please let me go? I will scream if you keep pulling me!" Suzy warned, glaring at the man. 

"Suzy, can't you give me a chance?" the man pleaded. "I am doing everything that I can to prove my love for you. I know we've just met for a month but, I feel that you're the right one for me. Suzy, please?" 

Suzy rolled her eyes and folded her arms in front of her chest. She looked to her right, refusing to make an eye contact with the pleading man in front of her. A couple caught her eyes and she stared intensely until she had proven that her guess was right. "Amber..." She mumbled and felt someone tugging her arm again. 

"Suzy?" the man called out. "You asked me to go shopping with you and I put down my work to rush here as soon-"

"Do you really want me to give you a chance?" Suzy asked, smiling sweetly at the man. 

"I, Lee Hoya, am willing to do anything for you, Suzy." Hoya said earnestly and eagerly. 

"Good. Follow me." Suzy said and linked her arm with Hoya which took Hoya by surprise. He thought that the girl's mood swing was bad but he didn't really mind as long as Suzy was willing to give him the chance. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE REAL DRAMA BEGINSSSSSSSSSSS