Chapter 11

Turning Point

"Yeah that's what happened." Amber sighed and put down the glass of beer on the counter. Her fingers playing with the droplets on the side of the glass as she waited for her friends to talk. 

"Remember what you said about her?" Kai asked, taking a gulp of his beer. 

Kai and Minho invested in a club together and they're partners. Amber would come to the club very frequently to talk to her friends as well as enjoying the views of hot girls. "What?" Amber asked grumpily. 

"you said that you're disgusted by the girl after you had with her. But now..." Kai stopped and eyed Minho to continue. 

"But now, my friend, you're falling in l-o-v-e with her." Minho continued. He did a fist bump with Kai and the two smirked at Amber who had her sulky look on. 

"Quit joking. I am being serious here. I don't even know why I am so affected by her." Amber groaned and swallowed the entire glass of beer down. Minho snapped his fingers to call the bartender to serve Amber for another round before he patted his friend's back. 

"Amber, Amber, Amber," Minho said in a sing-song manner. "Tell me. Do you feel how you felt when you saw Suzy with Baekhyun last time?" 

Amber's eyebrows furrowed deep and she nodded. "So?"

"It is called jealousy." Kai said. "Baekhyun likes Suzy and he wants to snatch her away. Remember?"

"Yeah you don't have to remind me of that. Suzy chose to stick with me though." Amber replied. 

"You're jealous that the dino-face you are referring to gets all the Krystal's attention that you're craving for." Minho said with a stifled laugh. 

"It isn't funny Minho." Amber said coldly and she got up from the seat, moving to the dance floor. "I will show you guys that I am not jealous because of the stupid dino-face." 

"How?" Kai asked, following after her along with Minho. 

"By making out with that girl." Amber smirked, pointing to a girl who was looking at Amber like a piece of meat. 

 

 

 

"Aish, this kid really has no self-control." Minho grunted as he carried Amber on his back. 

"Just shut up and get her into the car quick. I can't stand the smell of her vomits on my shirt!" Kai exclaimed and nudged Minho to continue walking. 

The two boys managed to reach Amber's car finally and Kai quickly ransacked Amber's car to get the extra shirt to change. "Phew. She stinks." Kai laughed after he had changed into Amber's shirt. It was big in size so it didn't matter. 

"Wow, watch it. She will hear you." Minho warned and fastened seat belt for Amber. 

"Now, just shut up and drive." Kai said after he plopped himself on the passenger's seat. He was a little drunk but he was still conscious. 

It was 3am in the morning already and Amber had already passed out long ago. Minho and Kai had to close their club first before they could get Amber home. Amber really did make out with the girl on the dance floor just to show her teasing friends that she was not affected by Krystal. But little did they know that her mind was still clouded with the images of crying Krystal. She was guilty, actually. 

 

"Hello. We're Amber's friends and yeah. Just to drop her off here." Minho said and put Amber down on the bed. Minho finally got to see who was Krystal Jung and to be honest, he was little surprised. The girl was not ugly at all, it was just that she lacked the confidence to portray herself. He didn't understand why did Amber even say that Krystal was ugly in the first place. 

"Oh uhm hi." Krystal greeted back sheepishly, she was not an extrovert. 

Furthermore, she was even awoken by them. So she was definitely not in the mood of having a conversation with Amber's friends. 

"We met before. But, hey, please take care of Amber again. She... was mean to you but she didn't really mean what she said." Kai explained awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. 

Krystal nodded and looked at Amber who was snoring on the bed already. "Thanks for bringing her back. Erm..." 

"well, have a good night rest." Minho said and bid their goodbye before they left. 

Krystal sighed after the two boys left. She was awkward around them. Then, she looked at Amber with a blank mind and stood up to fetch a basin of water again. Like how she did before when Amber came home drunk with Kai. 

"Do you always have to do this to me?" Krystal asked softly as she cleaned Amber up. She ed Amber's shirt and changed into pajamas quickly. This time, she was faster because she was not that shy anymore even though she could still feel her cheeks burning when she was changing Amber's clothes. 

"S-soojung-ah..."

Krystal stopped when she heard Amber slur. Did she just call Krystal by her korean name? "soojung...." 

She was right. She didn't hear wrong. "Amber..." Krystal called out and cupped Amber's cheeks in her hands. "Why did you say things that you didn't mean?" 

She caressed the sleeping girl's cheeks with her thumbs and then she pulled her hands away when Amber stirred about on the bed. She let her be as she went to put the basin back into the bathroom. When she was done, she saw that Amber was sleeping soundly on her side of the bed. She was left with no choice so Krystal could only sleep on Amber's side. 

It was covered in Amber's scent and it drove her nearly crazy when Amber even encircled her arms around Krystal's waist. Krystal adjusted Amber's arm around her so that Amber would not apply too much force on her tummy. Then Krystal shut her eyes and nuzzled into Amber's pillow. 

 

 

 

"Good morning." 

Krystal rubbed her eyes groggily as she sat up. Her eyes were swollen because she cried on the previous night. "I've asked Rebecca to make us breakfast and yeah. Brush your teeth and... yeah. Join me for breakfast?" 

Is she okay? Krystal thought as she looked at the awkward tomboy in front of her. Amber was rubbing the back of her neck and looking down at her own feet. Did Amber just greet her good morning and ask if she would want to join her for breakfast? 

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked, looking at Amber with concern written all over her face. 

"Of course!" Amber said and nodded eagerly. "come on. The food will turn cold." Amber held out her hand for Krystal and waved it a few times to tell Krystal to take it. Krystal took Amber's hand shyly and got out of the bed. It felt so surreal. Amber was actually treating her differently from the past. 

 

Later, Krystal came down the stairs and saw Amber waiting for her at the dining table, reading the newspaper. "oh you are done." Amber smiled and got up. Krystal stared at her blankly when Amber helped her to pull out her chair. "Sit?" Amber said unsurely when she saw that Krystal was looking at her. Krystal nodded and took a seat. She didn't look away from Amber until Amber went back to her seat and looked into her eyes. "Try the toast. It is nice." Amber said and held a toast in front of Krystal. 

"Thanks..." Krystal mumbled and took the toast from Amber. Why is she treating me this way? Does she want something from me? Is it because she is guilty of what she said yesterday? 

"C-can I send you to school later?" Amber asked as Krystal was pondering. Krystal looked up with the toast in and nodded. "Okay." Amber chuckled at how Krystal was eating the toast. Krystal flustered a little and grabbed the napkin to wipe the corner of when she heard Amber chuckle. "Do you- what time does your lesson end today?" Amber asked again. 

"two thirty." Krystal replied shortly and drank her milk tea. Her face grimaced as the tea was too hot. "Careful, it is hot." she heard Amber say. 

"Anyway, I will come and fetch you after your lesson." Amber smiled. Krystal stared at the tomboy in front of her. Is she trying to pull a prank on me? she thought and continued munching on her toast. 


 

Krystal's POV

It is so weird. She sent me to school, helped me to carry my books to the classroom, held my wrist when walking to the classroom and even hugged me before she left. It is so weird. Something is wrong. Why the sudden change? Did she knock her head into a pole or something when she was drunk last night? 

Somehow, I am scared of her being nice to me. 

"Good morning Krystal Jung." 

I stop thinking when I hear the familiar voice. "Good morning oppa." I smile at him. He smiles back. He seems to be the only genuine friend I have. 

"I wanted to fetch you in the morning but I thought maybe not because your... fiancee will not be happy with it." he says and shrugs. 

"Yeah." I reply. I don't know what else to say. 

"Lunch after school?" He asks. 

The lecturer walks in and I reply, "I can't. Amber is coming later." 

He simply shrugs again and looks to the front when the lecturer starts talking. 

 

JongHyun's POV

I wanted to introduce her to my employer. I have been talking about her to him ever since I realised my feelings for her. I like  someone's fiancee. I know it is wrong. That's why I just like her secretly. My boss knows about it and he warns me to not interfere with people's relationship. I obey because I respect him a lot. And it is not right to be a third party. 

I know that Krystal likes this Amber a lot. If you ask me will I feel angry that I lose to a girl instead of a guy, I will answer yes. I did feel that I am such a loser for losing to a girl and the girl even resembles me. But after I have cooled down and thought through it, maybe I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Amber is really the charming type. There is no doubt that why Krystal falls for her. But sometimes, I thought maybe Krystal will like me too since I look like Amber. But then, it is just my wishful thinking. She even has Amber's child to begin with. I have lost to Amber right from the start. 

 

No One's POV

Amber parked her car outside the campus and fished out her phone. 

To: Krystal Jung :) [2 31pm]

Hey I am outside already. Be quick!

Krystal felt her phone vibrated in her pocket and she took it out to check. It was a text from an unfamiliar number. But she guessed it might be Amber since she said that she would come and fetch her after her school had ended. 

"Amber is there, Krystal Jung." Jonghyun said when the two marched out of the gate. Krystal looked at where Jonghyun was looking at and her jaw dropped when she saw Amber holding on to a bouquet of flowers. "What's gotten into her?" Jonghyun asked

"I don't know..." Krystal said as they continued strutting to the car. 

"Oh, my boss is here too." Jonghyun said and pointed to the car behind Amber. 

"Your boss?" Krystal asked with a little frown that made Jonghyun's heart skip a beat. 

"Y-yeah. I work. Remember?" Jonghyun smiled. He waved at the man when the man came out from the car.

"Hey Krystal," Amber greeted Krystal when they were in front of her. She pulled Krystal into a careful hug deliberately in front of Jonghyun to claim what's hers. Krystal could feel her heart fluttering against her chest when Amber hugged her. She thought that Amber was really weird but she didn't want to make any assumption because she didn't want to get her hopes high. 

"Hey Amber." Jonghyun greeted politely even though he felt jealous that Amber could hug Krystal so closely. 

"hi." Amber replied nonchalantly and looked at Krystal. "This is for you." She presented the flower in front of Krystal and Krystal blushed. The flowers were really for her. She thought maybe Amber bought it for Suzy or something but she was just holding onto it because she didn't want to ruin it. 

"Oh t-thanks." Krystal accepted the bouquet of flowers and looked down at her shoes. 

"Well... I've got to go." Jonghyun said and smiled at Krystal. 

"yeah bye." Amber said quickly and opened the car door for Krystal. Krystal looked at Jonghyun and smiled as she said goodbye as well. Meanwhile, Amber was eyeing the two carefully and her nostrils flared again when Jonghyun patted Krystal's head again. "Yah yah." Amber interrupted the two and pushed Krystal into the car gently. 

Jonghyun smirked slightly when he saw that Amber was burning with jealousy. "Hyung!" Jonghyun greeted loudly when he saw his boss coming towards them. 

But his boss didn't greet him back, instead, he knocked on Krystal's side of window violently. "YAH COME OUT!" 

Krystal turned to her side and her eyes widened in horror. Amber looked at the man pounding on her car window and she winded the window down. "Yah who- YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she shouted when the man opened the car door and pulled Krystal out. 

Amber immediately got out of the car and dashed to where Krystal and the man were at. Jonghyun was left mouth agape when he saw his boss dragging his crush to the side. "Let her go!" Amber said and hit the man's arm numerous times but the man was too strong. What's odd was, Krystal didn't fight back and she even told Amber to stop hitting. 

"You get off me." The man stated sternly when Amber was on his back, still trying to pry open his grip on her fiancee. 

Amber shook her head firmly and then nodded when she saw Krystal staring at her because she didn't listen to her. Amber climbed down from the tall man's back and she went to stand beside them. "Who are you?" she asked the man who had this pissed off look on his face. 

"Hyung!" Jonghyun snapped back into reality and ran up to them. 

"Hyung?" Krystal frowned and looked back and forth at jonghyun and the man. "since when you know him, oppa?" Krystal asked. Amber would not be surprised if Krystal called Jonghyun oppa, but Krystal just called the unknown man oppa?!

"WHAT OPPA? Oh my god, how many other guys do you know?" Amber asked angrily, her nostrils are flaring big time. 

"Erm..." Krystal tried to think of something to say but the man interrupted. 

"Nice to meet you, lil brat. My name is Jung Yunho and guess how am I related to her?" the man said patiently. 

Amber processed Yunho's words while Jonghyun let his boss' words slowly sink into his mind. The two look alikes then had their eyes almost dropped out when they realised that Yunho was Krystal's brother. 

"We'll have a word soon. But now, let me ask my sister why is she going into a guy's car." Yunho said. 

"Erm I am not a guy?" Amber explained, she was a little scared of Yunho to be honest because the guy was so tall and he looked like he could break Amber into half. If only she knew that Krystal had such brother, she wouldn't treat Krystal so badly before. 

"Okay. But, who is she?" Yunho asked Krystal. 

"S-she's m-my fiancee..." Krystal mumbled and Yunho's face reddened in anger. 

"What? Are you crazy Jung Soo Jung?" He asked her, shaking her shoulders. 

"Hey hey, she's pregnant, don't do that." Amber said but she only made things worse. 

Yunho glared at Amber and then snapped his fierce stare at Krystal who had her head hanging lowly. "Call Jessica right now. At this instance. N.O.W NOW!"