Chapter 20

Turning Point

"Thank you for sending me home, Jonghyun Oppa," Krystal smiled as she handed Jonghyun the helmet. Jonghyun took in and placed it on his lap, his arms folded on top of it. He beamed a lazy smile and nodded. "This won't be the last time, right?" he asked, a little scared of what the reply would be. Krystal chuckled lightly and shook her head. "Of course it won't. We will still meet up." she assured. 

Jonghyun nodded. "Hm... go in then. It is getting cold now. Remember to wear extra, don't want you to fall sick." He patted Krystal's head.

"Sure, oppa." Krystal teased slightly and turned around to walk. Jonghyun had his bike stopped a few metres away from the mansion because he figured that Amber would not like his presence,he definitely didn't want to get Krystal into trouble. He watched as the girl walk up the slope, her back getting smaller in his sight. He had the sudden urge to pull her into his embrace and tell her not to leave. 

But he knew that Krystal was not his. 

He continued watching, until Krystal reached the main gate and she turned around, her hair floated in the hair as she did so. He was mesmerized. "Bye oppa!" Krystal waved and shouted. Jonghyun didn't wave back, he didn't smile. Instead, he got off his bike abruptly and dashed forth to Krystal. Their bodies collapsed as Jonghyun pulled her into a hug, careful of the baby though. Krystal was surprised when Jonghyun hugged her so tightly, she didn't know how to react but she eventually reciprocated it. Jonghyun sighed silently when he felt Krystal's arms around him. If only they could stay that way forever, Jonghyun would be contented already. But he had to force himself to pull away. 

"I will miss you, Krystal Jung. There will be no more Krystal Jung to have lunch with me in school, no more Krystal Jung to wake me up when I am sleeping in class, no more Krystal Jung to explain sums to me. I will miss you." Jonghyun said earnestly. His eyes looking intently into Krystal's. 

"yah oppa, you are making me sad now." Krystal pouted, pushing Jonghyun's shoulder. "I told you we will still meet up. Why are you saying all these."

Because I know she won't let you meet me. Jonghyun thought, but he ended up giving Krystal his signature lazy smile. "Yeah right. I forgot." 

"Pabo." Krystal said. 

Jonghyun nodded. "Get in then." His chin lifted up and pointed to the mansion. 

Krystal smiled and bid goodbye for another time. Now, they had a gate separating them. Krystal waved at Jonghyun for the last time before she stepped into the house. Jonghyun had this sudden wave of sadness striking him as Krystal vanished from his sight. He had a feeling that they would never meet again. However, he forced himself to put on a smile as he turned around, telling himself that Amber would treat Krystal fairly, even though Krystal had a competition. But he could tell that Amber was fond of Krystal, no matter how she denied it. 

He got on his bike and took one last look at the mansion, before he drove off from the forbidden ground for him. But he caught a glimpse of a figure standing by the window on the second floor. He didn't bother much about it, though. 

 

 

 

Amber got back home, tipsy and she managed to climb up the stairs, literally with the help of Rebecca. She opened her bedroom door roughly and pushed her body against the door to swing it inward. That startled Krystal a little but she resumed her reading when she saw that it was Amber. "Hey..." Amber smiled, her eyes not focussing.

Krystal gave her a soft smile then continued reading, again. Amber frowned. She tottered toward the bed, collapsing in front of Krystal. Krystal had to put away the book and helped Amber to get up. Amber snuggled closer to Krystal's belly and Krystal felt herself stiffen. "Baby..." Amber slurred. Krystal could feel her heart pounding against her chest. She felt Amber caressing her belly, chuckling once in a while. 

"Have you eaten?" Amber asked, her words were more coherent this time. 

Krystal was not sure if Amber was talking to her or the baby. But when Amber looked up at her, Krystal shook her head. "Why didn't you eat? Do you want to starve our baby?" Again, Amber's words had gotten her heart racing like a horse. "I was reading," Krystal explained calmly. Amber nodded, her cheek brushing against Krystal's belly. 

"Wait for me, I will go clean up and we will have dinner together, okay?" Amber smiled, then she chuckled to herself. Krystal shook her head as Amber got up from her laps, teetering toward the wardrobe and picking out her clothes, leaving some scattered on the floor. Krystal made a mental note to pick them up as well as tidy her wardrobe later.

"Be back soon," Amber said with a playful wink. Krystal definitely could tell that Amber was not just tipsy. 

A moment later, Rebecca came into the room and saw Krystal bending forward to pick up the scattered clothes. She yelped and that gave Krystal a shock. "Ms Krystal! You're not supposed to do that!" She scurried toward Krystal and snatched the clothes from her hands, she pushed Krystal gently to her bed and asked her to sit down while she did the job. Krystal watched quietly as Rebecca picked up the the clothes on the floor. She thanked her after she was done. "Oh yah, Mrs Liu asked me to tell you to go down for dinner." 

"But I have to wait for Amber," Krystal replied.

"She would be fine. C'mon," Rebecca urged and asked Krystal to follow along. Krystal complied and followed Rebecca downstairs.

"Oh Krystal," Granny Liu smiled upon seeing Krystal. She pointed to the seat opposite her and asked her to sit down which Krystal complied again. "How are you? I haven't been seeing you so much these few days."

"I am fine, grandma." Krystal gave a sheepish smile 

"That's good to hear. Where's Amber? And that person?" Granny Liu asked, referring to Suzy. 

"They'll be down soon. Ms Amber is taking a bath." Rebecca said. But as soon as she said that, they heard rapid footsteps storming down the stairs, revealing a furious Amber and a helpless Suzy who was trying to stop her from the back. 

"Krystal Jung!" Amber hollered and stomped to Krystal before giving her a slap on the face. "You are good huh?" She hissed, her face in front of Krystal's. Krystal held her stinging cheek and her eyes were wet with tears that were threatening to fall. 

"Amber Liu, what do you think you are doing?" Granny Liu stood up and scolded sternly.

"Stay out of this, Mrs Liu." Amber warned and then she snapped a glare at Krystal. "Bringing a man back and hugging in front of the house? What did the two of you do before that? ing around?" 

"Amber!" Granny Liu shouted again but Amber didn't care about her. Instead, she grabbed Krystal by the chin and lifted her face up to meet her eyes. 

"Are you even sure that the baby is mine? Probably she is the bastard of your oppa." Amber hissed, her eyes fuming. 

Krystal didn't know what to say. She admitted that she did hug jonghyun in front of the mansion but they did nothing else. How could Amber just accuse her of that and even hit her? She knew that Amber was drunk but it did not give her a reason to slap her like that. 

"don't call your child a bastard." Krystal stated firmly, she fought back the tears in her eyes. 

Amber sneered. "My child? Oh yeah?" 

"Amber Liu, you better stop what you are doing now." Granny Liu warned and walked to where Krystal was, she hugged Krystal from the side and rubbed the side of her arm, comforting her. "You have seen the DNA report and it is stated clearly on the piece of paper that the baby is yours. Why are you still denying it?" 

That hurt Krystal. So, Amber was still denying the baby? 

"How would you know if the baby is really mine? She could have forge the document." Amber argued, she was still glaring at Krystal as if she was her worst enemy. 

"Dr Yoon is a reliable doctor. He is the top gynae in Korea and you think he will ruin his own reputation like that?" Granny Liu reasoned. 

Amber nodded. "Fine. But she hugged that bastard! so tightly!"

"When are you going to grow up, Amber? I thought you've changed, I saw it. But I guess I am wrong." Granny Liu said, calmly. "You only know the tip of the iceberg and you lay your hand on Krystal. Is it fair to her? She has put up with you for the past few months, even tolerated you when you brought another girl home. Is it fair to her? You are-"

"Stop with the bull! I believe what I see!" Amber shouted and shot another dagger at Krystal before she turned around to leave. Krystal stood there quietly as Amber left the house, slamming the door shut behind her. 

"Don't mind her. Are you hurt?" Granny Liu asked worriedly. "Rebecca, bring some ice cube here." 

Krystal didn't speak. She looked at the floor blankly as Granny Liu pushed her to sit on the chair gingerly. She saw a pair of feet moving and she looked up absent-mindedly. Suzy was walking up the stairs, smirking slightly as she threw her a victory look. Krystal had the sudden realisation daunted upon her that Suzy was the one behind all these. Who else could it be to show Amber the photo of her hugging Jonghyun? She closed her eyes and took in a long deep breath to calm herself, telling herself not to care about it. Everything would soon be over. She would leave Amber once everything was done. But... would she?

 

 

"Why are you here?" Minho asked, surprised to see his friend sulking at the corner in his club. Kai brought a dozen of beer to the table and watched as Amber open a can and gulp it straight down. Minho knew that something was wrong and he looked at Kai. Kai gave him a shrug with his lower lip jutted out. "Yah, what's wrong with you?" Minho asked when he saw Amber reaching for the second can of beer. 

"Go away." Amber said breathlessly and opened the can. She brought it to her lips but Kai stopped her. "YAH!" she shouted, her face showed that she was pissed. 

"At this rate, you are going to pass out soon. We don't want to send you back home again and your fiancee will see us as your bad friends." Kai explained. 

"Don't talk about her to me." Amber mumbled, but Minho caught it. 

"Why? Did the two of you fight?" Minho asked. He was concerned because he knew that Amber and Krystal's relationship was special. 

Amber nodded. "I... h-hit her." 

"wow? You hit a girl?" Kai raised his eyebrows. 

Amber rolled her eyes. "I didn't mean to... I... argh I don't know." She grabbed a fistful of her hair and tugged it. 

"Relax, buddy. What happened?" Minho patted Amber's shoulder and prodded. 

Amber looked up, her eyes staring into the space in front of her as she recalled Suzy showing her the video. Jonghyun hugged Krystal so tightly and Krystal hugged back. She had a smile on her face after they pulled apart. They looked in love. But Amber remembered Krystal saying that she didn't like Jonghyun that way. Maybe it was because she didn't want to anger Amber. Everything seemed to be in a piece now. 

"Yah don't over think. Tell us." Kai said, nudging Amber's arm.

"They hugged." Amber muttered, swallowing a mouthful of beer. She let the cold beer wash down , as if to wash away the frustration and the anger. "In front of the house." She took a gulp again. Her two friends remained quiet as they knew it better to intterupt her. "She looked so happy." Amber felt a tear stream down her face. "She lied." Then she fell onto the table in front of her, crying. 

Kai and Minho threw each other a look and they sighed. There was nothing that they could do. Amber had never been like this before. She did not even cry for Suzy before, and here she was, crying for a girl whom she was unsure of her feeling. Kai hugged Amber by the shoulders and Minho patted her head. The two friends remained quiet as they watched their friend bawl her eyes out. 

"Is he okay?" A guy asked, standing beside Kai. 

"She is a girl, Lay. And no, she is not okay." Kai sighed. 

Lay nodded. He sat down beside Kai, a seat away from Amber. "Is she a chinese?" 

"Yeap." Minho nodded. 

"Great." Lay grinned. "We can be friends." 

"not now, though. She is in her broken-hearted state." Kai said apologetically. 

"it is fine. What happened anyway?" Lay asked, sipping on his drinks

"Her lover hugged someone else." Kai explained, quietly. Amber had already fallen asleep on the table, her tear stained on her face. 

"Just that?" Lay had his eyes rounded.

Kai nodded. "She is just too stubborn to admit that she loves her, though." Minho chipped in. 

"Her? She... okay never mind. Cool." Lay shrugged when he received the new information about Amber. "Maybe I can talk to her when she wakes up." He said. 

"Sure," Kai replied. 

Then the four of them sat there, with the music blasting and Amber sleeping soundly. Her face would scrunch up once in a while and a tear would fall from her eye. Kai had to wipe it away infrequently. 

"Mom called?" Kai asked Lay. 

Lay shook his head. "My girlfriend." 

Kai nodded. Lay was his brother and Lay's girlfriend was Nana. 

"Better get going then." Minho teased. Lay shrugged and left the table. 

"Do you think we should send her home?" Kai asked.

"Don't think so... Let her sleep here tonight. I doubt she would want to wake up next to Suzy and see Krystal." Minho figured. 

 

 

 

"WHAT?! She slapped you?! OH THAT BAST-"

"Unnie, don't scold her that." Krystal said. 

"but she hit you!" 

"She was drunk."

"And so? Krystal Jung, don't tell me you are okay with her hitting you because this is unacceptable!" 

"I don't know. I was angry. But, so what? It was my fault." 

"What the... hell? Krystal? Are you sure you are sane?"

"Positive."

"You are pregnant and she hit you, oh my gosh! YURI!!!! yes? Drive me to the Liu's now! N-O-W! NOW! Okay okay chill baby."

Krystal was about to protest but her sister just hung up. She groaned and leaned her back on the bed post. Her sister was coming. And the massacre was going to happen.