Chapter 7

Turning Point

Krystal really listened to Amber because she did stay at home that day and didn't go to school. She felt happy that the girl even called to ask if she was feeling better. But of course, Amber called Rebecca and didn't call Krystal directly. Nonetheless, it still made Krystal day. 

She was sitting on the bed, drinking a tonic soup especially made by Mrs Liu. Third month pregnancy was still alright, she thought. But morning sickness really made her sick. "I hope you grow up well and fast." Krystal whispered the her baby as she rubbed her belly gently, as if she was caressing the baby. 

Some footsteps were heard and Krystal put away the bowl as she waited for Amber to come in. She wanted to thank Amber for the tea that morning but her smile faded away when Amber brought someone along. 

"Just leave it there. I will take a shower first." Amber said to the girl. Krystal recognised the girl immediately because she was none other than Amber's girlfriend. "Oh, and don't mind her. She's just staying for a few months." Amber added before she went into the bathroom. That left Krystal feeling embarrassed. She stood up, wanting to leave the bedroom as it was awkward to be in the same room with a stranger, or maybe her rival.

"Are you that afraid of me?" Suzy suddenly asked before Krystal could make her leave. Krystal stopped and slipped her hand down the doorknob, she turned around slowly and avoided Suzy's gaze. Suzy made her way closer to Krystal and stopped in front of her. "Why did you do it?"

"D-do what?" Krystal asked, softly and timidly. She tried to back away from Suzy but there was no room left for her. 

"Coax Amber to the bed? Have with her? Then have her baby?" Suzy questioned. 

Suzy was mad, Krystal thought. How could she possibly think that having with a girl can lead to pregnancy. But Krystal kept quiet. 

"I want you to know that Amber is mine. I will do anything if you ever steal her away from me. You are just no one but the bearer of the Liu's baby." Suzy almost hissed and stared Krystal down. 

Krystal shrunk and felt uncomfortable under Suzy's glare so she quickly made her way out the room. 

 

 

"Krystal, why are you not resting in your room?" Mrs Liu asked when she saw Krystal coming down the stairs in a hurry. 

Krystal almost had a shock when she heard someone calling her name but then she felt more relaxed when it was just Mrs Liu. "Erm... I am here to... get something to eat." She lied. 

Mrs Liu chuckled and got up, "Is my great-granddaughter feeling hungry? Come on, I will ask Rebecca to cook for you."

Krystal gave a forced smile and followed after Mrs Liu. To be honest, she extremely full and the thought of eating again made her puke but she couldn't change her mind. "Just a little bit will do." She said when she saw Rebecca scooping a huge bowl of soup again. 

Rebecca nodded and served her a smaller bowl but still, it was too much for Krystal. She gulped and drank the soup bit by bit. 

"Grandma!" 

Krystal's spoon almost dropped on to the table when she heard Amber's loud voice from upstairs. Mrs Liu didn't get up and waited for Amber to appear herself in the kitchen. "Grandma! I called you!" Amber complained. Krystal saw Suzy following behind Amber and she quickly pretended to be enjoying the soup. 

"What's the problem?" Mrs Liu asked, feeling unhappy at the sight of Suzy. 

"I have something to tell you." Amber said, holding Suzy's hand in hers and Krystal caught the view of it. She looked away and tried not to listen to their conversation but it was difficult. 

"We're getting married." Amber announced, looking at Suzy with her dreamy eyes and Suzy blushed

Then the room fell into silence as Mrs Liu did not respond. Krystal thought she heard the sound of her broken heart and she took a slow deep breath in. "No." Mrs Liu said certainly. 

"What? WHY?" Amber asked, her voice raised as she could not believe that her grandma objected her. 

"You know it better than anyone, Amber Liu. Krystal has your baby and yet, you want to get married with some other girl?" Mrs Liu questioned and Amber shot a glance at Krystal then rolled her eyes at the sight of the girl. 

"You don't expect me to marry someone I don't love, right?!" Amber fired back. 

Suzy held Amber's arm securely and patted Amber's back, trying to cool her down. "I won't accept it." Mrs Liu stated firmly again. 

"I don't care what you say, I am marrying Suzy." Amber said pompously as well, as if it would change Mrs Liu's mind. 

Mrs Liu shot a glare at Amber and Amber breathed out angrily. "If you insist, fine. I am leaving." Mrs Liu said and got up from the table hastily. 

Amber looked at her grandmother in disbelief and then quickly pulled her to stop when she saw the elder storming towards the front door already. "OKAY OKAY FINE! WE WON'T GET MARRIED!" Amber said quickly and Mrs Liu turned back in satisfaction. 

It always worked. Amber did not receive enough parental love since young so she relied on her grandmother a lot. If one day, her grandmother was to leave her, she thought maybe her world would collapse as well. "You win." Amber said and grabbed Suzy's hand before they left the house. 

"Don't mind her. She will cool down soon." Mrs Liu assured Krystal who had been watching the scene in front of her with a heavy heart. She could tell that Amber really loved Suzy and she felt bad for tying Amber down. She was hindering the girl from pursuing her own happiness, she thought. 

Krystal gave a small bitter smile at Mrs Liu and said, "I am full already. Thanks for the soup." She excused herself and retreated back to her/ Amber's room. Mrs Liu only sighed as she was aware that Krystal was not feeling very good about Amber and Suzy, she knew that Krystal was a kind-hearted girl. But Amber really had to take up this responsibility, Mrs Liu thought. 

 

 

After sending Suzy home, Amber sped her way to her friend's club and had lots of drinks. Kai, who was the owner of the club had to send Amber back home since she was not fit for driving. He carried her up to her room and that woke Krystal up. Krystal the light in the room and asked Kai to put Amber down on the other side of the bed. Kai bid his goodbye and told Krystal to take care of Amber well since Amber was feeling down. Krystal could only smile and nod as she knew that she was the cause of it. 

"HNG..." Amber groaned and turned around, lying on her stomach. Krystal looked at Amber, not knowing what to do as the girl was sleeping soundly already. She heard the rapid breathing from the drunk girl and bent down in front of her. 

"You're so warm." Krystal mumbled to herself when she touched Amber's forehead. She stood back straight and went to the bathroom to fetch a basin of cold water as well as a towel. 

Krystal squeezed out the water from the towel after soaking it and she placed it above Amber's forehead. Amber felt something cold on her skin so she removed the towel away and threw it to the other side of the room. Krystal tried grabbing it but she failed. She stood up again and went to collect the towel on the floor. 

This time, she didn't leave the wet cloth on the drunk girl. Krystal cleaned Amber's face and neck, then when Amber's shirt was in her way. she was contemplating whether to take if off or just leave it till the next morning. But she figured that Amber would fall sick to sleep with her shirt that was covered in her sweat. Leaving with no choice, the girl ed Amber's shirt slowly, looking away as she was feeling rather shy to see the girl's toned upper body. 

Krystal wiped Amber's chest and abdomen gingerly, Amber had her sportbra on so she was still well-covered. But it still made Krystal's face flush. "I know that you don't like me." Krystal whispered suddenly when she saw the frown on Amber's face as she cleaned her. 

"You hate me because I take your life away. You can't marry the one you love because of me." Krystal continued and she pushed Amber's fringe back as she the girl's cheek without her realising it. Then she quickly pulled back her hand when Amber suddenly stirred. She smiled to herself when she saw how Amber moved her jaws as if she was chewing on something and shifting around until she found a more comfortable position. Krystal blushed when Amber's head was on her thigh, because that was comfortable to her. 

When Amber had finally stopped stirring, Krystal felt bold enough to the tomboy's short hair and mumbled to herself, "I think I like you." 

Krystal pulled the blanket up to cover Amber's almost bare body so that she would not catch a cold. Afterwards, she left the towel on the nightstand and she leaned back until her back hit the bedpost, then she fell asleep too with Amber sleeping on her lap. 

 

 

 

 

Amber woke up, groaning softly and felt her pillow more comfortable than usual. She snuggled to it and felt strange that her pillow could emit heat. Then she opened her eyes and realised that it was not a pillow. She sat up and saw Krystal leaning against the bedpost, still sleeping soundly. "Aish..." She shook her head as she knew that the posture was not good for sleeping. 

After making sure that Krystal was still sleeping soundly, Amber slowly pulled Krystal down until Krystal was lying on the bed with pillow supporting her neck and blanket covering her body. The morning was kind of cold, Amber thought. Then she looked down and realised that she only had her sportsbra on. Her eyes widened then she checked if Krystal was still fully-clothed. "Phew." She sighed in relief when she checked that the latter had her clothes on. 

She smiled when she figured that Krystal probably helped her to wash up. It had never been like this. Nobody tends her after she comes home drunk. Not even her grandmother because she didn't know that Amber would be so drunk. Then, she went to the bathroom as quietly as possible to wash up and change into her working clothes. 

When she was done, she saw that Krystal was still sleeping soundly. Feeling appreciative of what the girl had done last night, Amber made her way downstairs and ordered Rebecca to prepare the tea for Krystal. Amber sat by the dining table, reading the newspaper and having her breakfast as she waited for the girl to wake up. 

The alarm clock woke Krystal up and she found herself sleeping comfortably on the bed. Weird, she thought. Then she went to take a quick shower and after which, she went downstairs. 

"Rebecca," Amber called the helper when she saw Krystal coming down the stairs. Rebecca immediately served Krystal with the tea and Krystal was kind of surprised. But she still accepted it and she saw Rebecca pointing at Amber who was reading the newspaper then. Krystal found out that it was Amber's idea and she felt a little touched by it. 

"thank you." She mumbled softly as she sat opposite to Amber and had her breakfast too. 

Amber put away the newspaper and was just about to give a mere nod at Krystal when she saw the girl tear. "w-why are you crying?!" She asked frantically and quickly pulled out some tissue paper to hand it to Krystal. 

Krystal took the tissue paper and dapped it at the corner of her eyes. Then shook her head as she didn't want Amber to find her stupid because she was just touched by Amber's small little act. "Nothing." She said and Amber didn't believe her. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Amber asked, worried that maybe Krystal was in pain or something. She was not a bad person after all. 

Krystal nodded and forced a smile to face Amber. "I am really okay." She assured the tomboy. 

Amber sat down again but still observing the girl carefully as she was worried that the girl might burst out in tears again. "If you are not feeling well, tell me. Arraso?"

Amber smiled genuinely when she saw how Krystal nod with a small shy smile. "Stay home today," she said, sounding almost like an order. But she was actually worried that Krystal might not be emotionally stable enought to go to school. She once read that pregnant women's emotions flunctuate regularly. 

Krystal merely nodded again and watched as Amber take her leave to work. Then she suddenly called Amber, "Amber."

Amber stopped and turned around, her eyebrows raised as a sign for Krystal to continue. "Thank you." Krystal said. Amber frowned as she thought Krystal was being weird that day. Nevertheless, she just shrugged and gave a half-smile before she left for real. 

Unknown to anyone, Krystal had actually made up her mind to just leave the Liu and give birth to the baby when the time comes. Then she would just give them back the baby since it was all they wanted. And of course, she didn't see them as evil, she just thought that it was not fair to tie Amber down when Amber had already found her happiness. 

Once she made sure that Amber and Mrs Liu had left for work, Krystal went up to the room and packed her things. The girl then left the mansion stealthily without anybody noticing it. How did she do it, no one knows. But she succeeded anyway. 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_lpb8iixM881qa6ig4o1_r1_500.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTRsoDD3HIjjUBi3z17jvbest edit ever.

tumblr_l6yln91vU71qam0cl.gif