Chapter 10

Turning Point

"Hey Amber," Krystal smiles so widely and greets me when she comes into the house. I am just playing with our daughter and she is chuckling so loudly when I nuzzle her stomach. 

"Hey Soojung," I grin back, flashing her my pearly white teeth. But something is not right. 

"I have to introduce someone to you," She says cheerily and pulls someone from god knows where. "This is Jonghyun oppa and from today onwards, I will move in with him. Take care of our daughter okay? Bye!" 

Then she disappears into thin air with that dino-face and our daughter is wailing non-stop. This is scary. "Soojung-ah! WHERE ARE YOU?"

 

"Amber? Amber wake up!" Suzy shook Amber's body when the latter was screaming in her sleep. "Gosh you are scaring me." 

"Argh..." Amber groaned and rubbed her eyes when she managed to open one slowly. "What...?" She asked the girl beside her lazily and Suzy touched Amber's forehead as she said, "you were having a bad dream and screaming. I was so worried." Suzy pouted with a frown on her face and Amber's hair. Amber pressed her lips together as she tried to recall her dream then she remembered the dino-face was in her dream. 

"." She muttered out and jumped out of bed. It was 7 37 in the morning and Krystal would have her early class at 8 30. She didn't want that dino-face to be a step earlier than her to send her fiancee to school. 

"Amber where are you going?" Suzy asked but Amber ignored her. Suzy could only watch as her girlfriend rushed back and forth to the toilet. 

"I'm going." Amber simply said when she was done washing herself up and dressing up. She opened the front door after she grabbed her car key and left the house without showing any affection to Suzy. It was not like this before. Amber would give a kiss or a hug to Suzy before she left. 

Meanwhile, Suzy's eye twitched as she realised that her Amber was not hers anymore. Amber had changed. 

 

 

"Good morning, Krystal Jung." Jonghyun greeted the girl with full of energy and he went to help Krystal with the stack of books in her arm. 

"You don't have to do that, oppa." Krystal politely declined but Jonghyun insisted. She sighed and followed Jonghyun to his motorbike. Jonghyun put the books in the small compartment at the back of the bike and handed a helmet to Krystal. 

"Krystal Jung," Jonghyun suddenly called out when Krystal was putting on the helmet. Krystal looked at him with raised eyebrows and Jonghyun continued, "did you cry last night? Why are your eyes so puffy?"

Krystal slided down the shield to hide her face and said, "Let's go now. class is starting soon oppa." 

Jonghyun let out an inaudible sigh and nodded as he didn't want to press on. He went up the motorcycle first and assisted Krystal to climb up but they were startled by a loud honk. 

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" 

Krystal put down her foot back onto the ground and turned around to only see a furious Amber charging towards them. Oh no... Krystal was taken aback when Amber pushed Jonghyun off his motorcycle. The motorcycle fell together with Jonghyun but luckily, it didn't hit him because he was thrown further away from his bike. 

"Let me warn you again. Do. Not. Come. Near. Her." Amber hissed as she grabbed Jonghyun by the collar. She stared him down and pushed him to let his back hit the hard ground again. 

Krystal was shaking when she saw Amber turning around and walking towards her. "I am sorry Am-"

"What do you think you are doing? Don't you know that you're pregnant? A bike? Seriously? Jung Soo Jung, did you forget what I told you last night?" Amber shot questions like a bullet train and she took the helmet off Krystal's head, carefully. "Let's go." She said and pulled Krystal's hand to walk to her car. 

"Wait."

Amber stopped and Krystal bumped into her back. "What?" She turned around, challenging the boy who had picked himself and his bike up. Amber poked her inner cheek with her tongue and her nosetrils were flaring. It was funny how the two looked the same when they were angry. Both had their nostrils flaring. But Krystal didn't find it funny because the tension was so thick that she could hardly breathe. 

"Who are you?" Jonghyun asked and he walked towards Amber who was still holding onto Krystal's hand. 

Amber was at the edge. "Who am I? Yah Jung Soo Jung, tell him." she turned to look at Krystal who was looking back and forth between the two. 

"She..."

"She?!" Jonghyun exclaimed and snapped his neck back to look at Amber. "He- I mean she is a girl?!" 

Krystal nodded while Amber pursed her lips. "Yes I am a girl but act like a boy. Are you satisfied now? And, she's my fiancee." Amber smirked at the last sentence when she saw Jonghyun's expression went from that of surprise to that of shock. 

"Is it true Krystal Jung?" Jonghyun asked carefully 

Krystal could only nod. She disliked how she was stuck in the middle of the fight. She hated it when people fought. 

"I see that she doesn't like you that much, Krystal Jung." Jonghyun said frankly and Amber was shot in her heart. "Right?" Jonghyun looked at Amber and challenged her to differ. 

Amber opened and shut it for a few times while Krystal was looking closely at Amber. Of course, who would like her right? Amber even said that she was ugly and Amber even had a girlfriend. "Let's just go oppa." Krystal said after a long silence and pushed Jonghyun to his bike. 

She didn't even speak a word to Amber who was still thinking of a word to say. Krystal put on the helmet again and Jonghyun ignited the engine. He helped Krystal to climb up the bike again and the two drove away from the Liu's mansion. Amber watched as the girl's back grow smaller and smaller until she was far from sight. 

"!" Amber kicked her car's tyre and hissed as she felt angry that Krystal chose Jonghyun over her. "So you're really moving in with him now huh?" Amber talked to herself as she recalled her dream then she realised how silly she sounded when she related dream with reality. She rolled her eyes to herself when she stared at her reflection on the car window. "You fail Amber Liu." 

 

 

 

"I am sorry about what she has done." Krystal apologised sincerely when the two reached the school. 

"You mean this?" Jonghyun pointed to his bruise on his cheek and smiled, then he hissed in pain when a sudden sharp pain took over. 

"Oh gosh, don't touch it." Krystal said and cupped jonghyun's cheeks in her hands gingerly. She blew air on the bruise as if it would help and Jonghyun caught himself gawking at the hidden beauty. 

"What are they doing?" some murmurring broke the two away and Krystal blushed when she realised what she was doing. 

"Don't mind them." Jonghyun smiled and patted Krystal's head again. 

Krystal nodded and took a stride but Jonghyun called her. "I have a burning question to ask." 

"Yes?" Krystal asked and waited for Jonghyun to continue. 

"Why are you engaged? To a girl?" Jonghyun was straight to the point. 

Krystal's eyes rolled around the empty hallway and bit her lip as she pondered on how to answer the question. Wouldn't it be ridiculous to say that a girl gotten her pregnant? Would Jonghyun see her differently? Would Jonghyun laugh at her and say she was ridiculous?

"I... We- Okay... I have her baby." Krystal said and looked away as she couldn't stand Jonghyun's scrutinizing stare. 

The silence was unbearable for Krystal and then Jonghyun patted her head again. "Okay. Let's not worry so much. C'mon." He pulled Krystal's wrist gently and walked to their lecture room. 

Krystal was confused as of why Jonghyun didn't react much to her ludicruos explanation. But she didn't prompt as Jonghyun didn't want to ask any further question. 

"In case you are wondering why I didn't ask you how can a girl get you pregnant... I have read about it before. And I believe you." Jonghyun said before they marched into the lecture room. He didn't look at Krystal because he could not bring himself to do that. 

Krystal was quiet and she thanked Jonghyun silently for being an understanding friend. 

 

 

 

"Wow, you are back. So how's your day with that dino-face?" Amber asked sarcastically when she saw Krystal coming into the house. She didn't even go for work that day because she was too angry to. 

Krystal shut the door behind her and remained quiet as Amber mocked her. 

"So did you forget that you are someone's fiancee and someone's mother again? Did you have a great time with your oppa?" Amber continued until Krystal was out of her sight. 

Krystal threw her bag onto the bed and went to the wardrobe to take out fresh set of clothes before she went to the bathroom. Amber put away her phone and she went upstairs as well to find Krystal. She heard the water running and she peeped at the room first before she went in. Just to make sure that history would not repeat itself. 

She laid on the bed and draped an arm over her eyes. 

Almost an eternity had gone and Krystal was finally done showering. She went out of the bathroom  and was surprised to see Amber lying on the bed. Of course, not facing her. She thought that maybe the tomboy was sleeping. 

"So you're clearing the evidence right after you come back home? Did you have a great time with your oppa?" Amber suddenly asked and Krystal jumped a little when she was combing her hair. 

She chose not to answer the tomboy as she knew that Amber was just angry. 

"So you like it when he touches you huh?" 

That's it. 

"Stop." Krystal stated sternly and this sparked anger in Amber. 

"What? Did i say it right? You like his ?" Amber laughed and went to Krystal's back. 

Krystal turned around and stared at Amber, she could feel hot tears at the back of her eyes but she remained firm. "Take back your words, please."

"Did he pleasure you like the way I did before? Or was I better?" Amber smirked 

"I said stop it!" Krystal yelled and pushed Amber away from her when Amber was just an inch away from her face. "Who are you to say that I am messing around? Who are you to say that I am someone's fiancee? Don't you know that you are someone's fiancee as well? You even have an official girlfriend, not to forget. Have you thought about how I feel when you accuse me? Are you that immature? And for the last time, Jonghyun op-oppa and I are nothing!" 

Amber was stunned when Krystal fired back at her. Krystal had never raised her voice when talking to Amber. Then she felt herself choke when she saw tears streaming down Krystal's cheeks again. 

"I'm sor- please don't- I promise-" Amber couldn't find the right word to use. She let out a heavy sigh as she watched the crying girl continue shedding her tears. 

"Please leave me alone..." Krystal said quietly after awhile. 

Amber's heart felt a small squeeze when Krystal asked her to go away. Was she too much? Was she really immature? She knew that she said those words to spite Krystal but she didn't think that Krystal would react to it. And Krystal was right. She was good at telling Krystal that she's someone's fiancee but she had forgotten that she was someone's fiancee too. 

"O-Okay." Amber pressed her lips together and strutted to the door. She looked at Krystal who was hanging her head low and wiping away her tears with her hand for another time before she left the room. 

"I hate you, Amber." 

Amber overheard Krystal and she felt a lump in , she quickly went down the stairs and ran out of the house with her car key. She needed a space to think. Why did her heart hurt when the girl said that she hated her? She was supposed to be happy that Krystal hates her. 

The tomboy drove all the way to her friend's club and pushed away the girls who always entertained her. "Minho, I need a word with you."