Chapter 9

Turning Point

Should I knock and go in or inform her secretary first? Why am I feeling so damn nervous? argh am I okay? Oh my god my hair is so messy but argh I am ugly. Forget it, I will just take a deep breath, go in, put down the food, smile, say hi and then leave. Okay hwaiting Krystal you can do it!

Krystal knocked on the glass door carefully thrice before she swung the door inwards, revealing a tomboy working diligently in front of the desktop. "erm hi?" She said unsurely as she saw how Amber was into her work. 

Amber frowned and looked up, her eyes grew bigger for a moment but then she put back her blank face before she stared back at her monitor screen. "What?" 

Krystal gulped and walked carefully towards Amber. "I-I made you lunch. Since grandma said you skip lunch too oftenly..." Then she placed a containers on the desk in front of Amber who didn't bother to look at it. "Please eat." Krystal said again when she saw how Amber disregard the food. 

"I will. But later." Amber simply said as she continued typing on the keyboard and riffling through the files. 

"Okay..." Krystal mumbled and stood there, not knowing what to do. 

After about five minutes, Amber's sudden question shocked Krystal and she almost fell backwards. "Are you going to keep standing there- wow careful!" Amber immediately stood up and grabbed Krystal by the arm with a desk in between the two to separate them.

"Thank you." Krystal muttered shyly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She could feel herself blushing as Amber's hand was still on her arm. She wanted to jump around and cheer but she had to maintain herself in front of Amber and she was even pregnant. 

"I will eat it. Go home." Amber said, removing her hand on Krystal's arm after she was sure that the girl was okay. 

Krystal could feel her heart drop when Amber asked her to go home. She thought perhaps the two could talk when Amber was eating the lunch that she had especially made but she was wrong. She merely nodded and strutted to the door when Amber suddenly called her name, she stopped almost instantly and turned around with the grin on her face. "Yes?"

Does she have to be so happy when I just call her? Amber bit her lip to suppress her chuckle and said, "You're going to school later right?"

Krystal nodded expectantly and she was celebrating in her head that Amber actually knew that she had class that day. 

"Wait for a while, I will send you to school. Look at your tummy, it is not good to keep walking around." Amber said flatly and she returned to do her work. She kept a stone face but actually she thought she had overreacted, it was quite embarrassing. 

"okay." Krystal smiled sweetly and went to sit on the couch, facing Amber. 

 

After Amber was done typing the last sentence, she looked up to see the girl dozing off on the couch. "There's a bed at the corner. You can rest there first." Amber said loud and clear enough, just to make sure that Krystal could hear her. 

The bed was for Amber. Sometimes when she worked into midnight, she would just sleep in her office because it was dangerous to drive in the middle of the night. Amber saw Krystal remain in that position and she sighed. She must have fallen asleep already. She pushed back her chair quietly and tiptoed to the sleeping girl. Amber scratched the back of her head as she was thinking how should she wake the girl up but she decided not to when she saw the dark circles under the girl's eyes. "Here we go again~" Amber said under her breath and carried Krystal up gingerly in bridal style again, just like the night before when Amber found Krystal in Jessica's house. 

Amber put Krystal down on the bed as gently as possible and she didn't dare to move when the girl stirred in the bed. Then she caught herself puffing out the breath that she had been holding when the girl finally went back to sleeping. Somehow, Amber felt calm when she saw the serene look on Krystal's sleeping face. 

After she was done, she pulled the blanket up to cover Krystal to her shoulder and she shocked herself when she realised that she actually patted Krystal's shoulder after that. She immediately pulled back her hand and scurried back to her desk. "I am crazy." She kept scolding herself and sat back down on the chair. 

Amber opened the lid of the container and was excited to find Seolleongtang (ox bone soup) in it. It was her favourite and the younger girl must have asked Mrs Liu for it. The other container was noodles. Amber smiled. Because Krystal even knew that she doesn't like to eat rice. She looked at the sleeping girl with the same smile on her face and started devouring the food. She didn't realise how hungry she was until she had finished everything. "She's good." Amber chuckled to herself. 

She placed the containers aside and looked at the clock on the wall. It showed 1 34pm. Krystal's class would start at 2 15pm. "Aish, why attend class when you can just rest at home." She scratched her ear in frustration (she had no idea why did she feel frustrated) as she looked at the sleeping girl. Why tire yourself when you can rest right?

Amber went to Krystal's side and sat beside her. She sighed as she didn't have the heart to wake Krystal up. The girl looked somehow more adorable when she was sleeping, Amber thought. "K-Krystal." her voice cracked because of the silence and she felt awkward to wake the girl up. "Krys?"

Krystal stirred and groaned as she didn't have enough sleep. "5 more minutes..." She mumbled as she turned her body around. Amber immediately stopped her as Krystal wanted to lie on her stomach. Then, Krystal's eyes fluttered open when she felt a strong force pulling her. She found herself lying down and in an unfamiliar surrounding. 

"Wake up now. You have school later." Amber said quietly as she thought Krystal was still sleeping. 

Krystal felt her heart galloping wildly at the tender voice of Amber and she felt her cheek burning. Amber stood aside when Krystal turned around to face her and sat up. "What's the time now?" Krystal asked as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. 

Amber gawked and realised that the girl was actually not ugly. "O-one th-thirty e-eight." Amber wanted to slap herself when she stuttered and she quickly walked away from the bed. 

"Oh ." Krystal jumped out of the bed and ran to the door. 

"Where are you going?" Amber asked, feeling a little pissed as Krystal wanted to leave without her.

"S-school?" Krystal replied meekly when she noticed the tone of Amber. 

"didn't I say that I will bring you there?" Amber questioned pompously and rolled her eyes before she grabbed her car key. Krystal watched as Amber walked towards her and open the door. "Let's go." Amber said and pulled Krystal by the wrist. 

Krystal stared at Amber's hand on her wrist and her feet just followed after the pace of Amber. Then Amber suddenly remembered Krystal was pregnant so she slowed down her speed. "Have you eaten?" Amber asked when they were inside the lift, it was only the two of them and Amber didn't want to be so awkward and she wanted to show that Krystal didn't affect her at all. 

"Yes." Krystal nodded. 

"When was it? It must be before you even came to find me right? So that was like in the morning. For god's sake, do you want to starve my baby?" Amber asked and looked at Krystal with her eyebrows scrunched up. 

Krystal kept quiet as Amber 'scolded' her and Amber continued, "I will bring you to eat first." 

"But I will be late-"

"So?" Amber interruped her sentence and Krystal pouted as Amber didn't let her finish what she wanted to say. Amber coughed when she saw the pouty look of Krystal. Then the lift door open and Amber strolled out first. 

Deep inside Krystal's heart, she was actually happy that Amber cared for her, even if it's the baby that Amber actually cared about. 

 

 

 

After Amber had made sure that Krystal had eaten the food that was enough for her to go through hibernation, she drove Krystal to school and Krystal couldn't breathe normally because her stomach was so bloated. "Amber, can you just stop here?" She asked when Amber was about to make a turn into the school. Amber ignored her and just drove inside. 

Actually, Amber had planned to bring Krystal into the classroom because she wanted to make sure that Krystal was okay. Krystal's baby bump was showing then. "Come on." Amber switched off the engine and went out of the car. Krystal sighed out heavily as she knew what Amber was up to. It wasn't that she didn't like it, she was just scared that Amber would bully the others just because she was rich. She knew that Amber was trying to warn the lecturer not to punish Krystal because she was late. 

Amber walked in front of Krystal as she went to search for her classroom. Then when Amber found it, she stopped and turned around to wait for Krystal first before the two marched into the room together. 

"Oh my god it's Amber Liu!!" Some girls screamed and squealed when they saw THE Amber Liu. Amber had this half-smirk on her face as she clearly enjoyed the attention. "But why is Krystal Jung with her?" Some whispered

Amber walked towards the lecturer and spoke a few words with him before she turned to Krystal and said, "go on." Krystal avoided Amber's eyes and scurried to her table. The lecturer did not say anything about Krystal being late because Amber had obviously warned him not to. Amber noticed that Krystal was seated beside a guy and she was not very happy about it. 

"Can I have another request?" She asked the lecturer who immediately nodded. "Can you change their seating arrangement?" 

"I am afraid I can't because they chose it themselves." he replied back apologetically 

Amber poked her inner cheek with her tongue before she nodded and left afterwards. Krystal didn't catch it but Amber actually made im_watching_you.gif

to Jonghyun who was sitting beside Krystal. Jonghyun shrugged and ignored Amber. Then the class went back to normal but with some girls gossiping about KryBer's relationship and how they noticed that Krystal had put on some weight these few days. 

"Don't mind them, Krystal Jung." 

Krystal turned to her side and smiled at Jonghyun.

 

 

 

It was late evening and Krystal allowed Jonghyun to send her home because she was scared. The chauffeur did not come and fetch her that day as he was not informed. Amber was not around too, maybe she was still working.

"So this is your house?" Jonghyun asked in surprise. 

Krystal contemplated for a moment before she replied, "kind of?" 

"wow... i didn't know that you're rich, Krystal Jung." Jonghyun said, sounding disappointed. He thought that if Krystal was some rich girl, it wouldn't be nice for him to get too close to her because others might say that he just wanted to be friend with her because of her wealthy background. 

"I am not." Krystal said and frowned as she saw the moody face on Jonghyun. "Why do you look so sad?"

Jonghyun forced a smile on to his face and said, " I am not, Krystal Jung. But... do you think it is a good idea for us to continue to be friends?" he asked, putting his hands into his back pockets. 

Krystal's heart shook a little as she didn't know why Jonghyun didn't want to be friend with her. Every one would feel this way if a friend suddenly asks if they should continue to be friends. "W-why?"

"Because you're rich. Just to let you know, I am poor." Jonghyun shrugged and tried to look fine. 

Krystal suddenly sneezed and broke the awkward silence. Jonghyun laughed at how cute Krystal looked when she sneezed while Krystal giggled sheepishly. Then the two smiled at each other and Krystal said, "I don't care who you are. I am glad to have you as my friend." 

Jonghyun touched his hair to make sure that it was still spikey at the end and said, "I am glad to hear that, Krystal Jung." He smiled and clapped his hands together. "So... go in and rest well, okay?" He patted Krystal's head and Krystal swore Jonghyun really resembled Amber.

Krystal nodded with an appreciative smile and said, "Thanks for sending me back."

"It's my pleasure, Krystal Jung." He said. 

Somehow, Krystal was used to Jonghyun calling her by her full name. She chuckled and went inside the mansion. Jonghyun crossed his leg over his motorbike and waved at Krystal before she close the front door. 

Unknown to the two, Henry who happened to be at the garden saw everything and he even snapped some pictures to send to Amber. It said you are missing something out sis ;) 

 

 

Amber saw her phone vibrate on the desk and she picked it up to check the text. It was a MMS and her eyes grew wide when she saw Jonghyun's hand on Krystal's head and Krystal looking so shy. "What the ." She pushed back her chair angrily and picked up her belongings before she left her office. She still had work to do but heck, she was infuriated. Even though she didn't like Krystal (yet), she still thought that Krystal shouldn't bring a guy back to her house. What's more is that Krystal was her fiancee!

 

Krystal dried her hair using the towel and she walked to the wardrobe, picking her clothes out and she was just in her underwears. Suddenly, the door flung open and Krystal was startled. She yelped and used the towel to cover her almost bare body. "Get out!" She screamed and realised that it was Amber, then she blushed heavily. Her face and neck was burning as she only had a piece of thin clothe covering her body. 

Amber's mouth was agape and she jumped when Krystal screamed to ask her to get out. Then she quickly apologised and ran out of the room. She shut the door behind her and rested her back against the door. "What's wrong with you?" Rebecca asked when she happened to be cleaning the floor. 

Amber gulped and fixed her shirt as she tried to pretend like nothing was wrong. "nothing. Go do your work." She said and waved Rebecca off. Rebecca nodded and bowed before she left to downstairs.

Then, the door open slowly and Amber immediately looked away. "erm... I am dressed now." Krystal said sheepishly. 

Amber coughed and strutted into the room like it was not a big deal and it didn't affect her at all. "Sit. I have something to tell you." 

Krystal made an 'o' shape with and followed Amber's instruction. Amber opened the MMS that Henry sent to her and showed it to Krystal right into her face. "What's this?"

"What's that?" Krystal frowned and took a closer look. Amber groaned and rolled her eyes. "Jonghyun oppa?" 

"OPPA?!" Amber asked with her loud voice. 

"He is my friend in school. You know, the one seated beside me in the class?" Krystal asked as if nothing was wrong and she didn't know that Amber was actually angry.

"I ing know Krystal Jung! But what the hell is that?! You brought a guy back home and what?! Who knows which other guy will you bring back home and with!" Amber bellowed and accused Krystal. Krystal was left shock at what Amber had said. She shook her head with her lips apart as she couldn't seem to search for a quick explanation. 

"You have nothing to say, do you! Let me warn you Krystal Jung. You're someone's fiancee. You're someone's mother. Please love yourself and not mess around with guys like the calendar, you change one everyday!" Amber said sarcastically and threw her phone on to the bed. 

"I didn't..." Krystal finally croaked out but she was already crying then. 

Amber glared at Krystal before she stormed out of the room. She didn't know why was she so pissed. Maybe it was because she had disliked Krystal from the start and everything that Krystal does just pisses her off. 

 

 

Suzy was surprised to find Amber outside her house at night without informing her that she would be coming over. She open the door to let Amber in happily and gave a firm hug to Amber who didn't bother to return it. Amber then went straight to Suzy's room and plopped herself onto the bed. She pressed the pillow on the right side of her face to block away the light. 

"Why didn't you tell me that you're coming baby?" Suzy asked gently as she Amber's hair. 

"I didn't bring my phone out." Amber replied flatly and didn't open her eyes to look at Suzy. Her mind was clouded by the thought of Krystal and the images of the crying girl before she left. She cursed herself mentally as she had made the girl cry again when the doctor had told her not to. 

"Do you want something to eat?" Suzy asked. 

"..."

"Amber?"

"..."

"Do you want to go for a shower first?" 

"can you please leave me alone?" Amber asked harshly and Suzy was taken aback. She pulled back her hand that was Amber's hair and nodded even though Amber couldn't see. She left the room, wondering why was the girl so upset and why did Amber ask her to leave her alone. In the past, no matter how angry Amber was, she would ask Suzy to stay by her side until she felt better, except for that day when they wanted to break up. 

Suzy felt a squeeze in her heart as she realised that Amber was different.