Chapter 29

Turning Point

Krystal's POV

Amber left this morning for work when I was still sleeping but she left a note on the nightstand as well, saying that she will be back for dinner today. I was kind of disappointed to wake up next to nothing but she prepared breakfast for me, a simple one though. Jessica called earlier and said she will be coming down to bring me my belongings, I just said okay. Right now, I am watching some variety show and actually not really watching it. I can't believe that Amber slept next to me last night, we even cuddled to sleep. Too good to be true. 

ding dong

"Unnie!," I smile upon seeing my sister and Yuri at my doorstep. I have given permission to let them come up and Yuri is amazed to see that the lift stops directly in front of the apartment. I was awed too, yesterday. Jessica puts down two small bags on the floor and Yuri drops the bulky luggage on the ground as well, she spins one round and cannot close . 

"Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." She awes as she continues looking around. I chuckle at her behaviour and pull Jessica to the comfortable sofa to sit. Meanwhile, Yuri is walking around the house, touching things here and there, I don't mind though. She looks funny. Jessica presses her lips together and shakes her head as she thinks that her girlfriend is of no cure. 

"Have you had your lunch?" Jessica asks, looking at the watch on her wrist. It strikes 1pm. I shake my head and rub my belly, this little monster hasn't kicked today but I felt her moving earlier on. "Do you want to eat something?" 

"Sure. I need to do some grocery shopping too. I'm cooking dinner for Amber." I say, my lips curve up without realising. Jessica flicks my forehead and I snort at her but she just pulls me up the sofa and walks me to the door. 

"Let's go then. Yuri, can you stop? You're embarrassing me." Jessica says and pulls Yuri, too, by the ear. 

"wait a minute." I say and scurry to the bedroom to take my purse and phone. Then I see the notification light flicking, indicating that there's an unread message. Knowing that it is from Amber, I open it immediately, not even caring if Jessica is screaming at me to hurry up. 

From: Amber [ 12 55pm ]

Is my princess up yet? :) How's the breakfast? Have you had your lunch? miss you xx

To: Amber [ 1 04pm ]

I woke up long ago and the sandwich is... edible :P I am going to have lunch with unnie and Yuri now. 

 

"Krystal!!! I am going to kill you if you're still not out!" Jessica screams

"Coming!!!" I shout back and rush to the door, feeling the phone vibrating in my hand. Jessica is looking displeased when she sees me walking toward them. "Sorry, Amber texted." 

"You can reply it later. Come on, don't starve my lil niece there." She says, patting on my belly gently. I giggle and go into the lift with them. 

From: Amber [ 1 05pm ]

So you mean it isn't nice looking? :( I decorated it with hearts you know... Alright, eat a lot, okay? 

I cannot stop smiling as I read her text. I hope that she will be this nice to me everyday, and I can't help but wonder if she is this nice to Suzy as well. Jessica nudges me and raises her eyebrows, I shake my head and wiggle my thumbs on the screen before keying in my reply. 

To: Amber [ 1 07 pm]

You still have to work on it :P I will. You too :)

From: Amber [ 1 08pm]

Fine. I will make you a special one tomorrow ;) I am too busy to eat :( Are you out now?

To: Amber [ 1 09pm]

And you're here texting me... I am on Yuri unnie's car.

From: Amber [ 1 10pm]

I am too busy texting you, that's why >.< Oh good, ask her to drive carefully!!!

To: Amber [ 1 11pm]

Nonsense... Go and work. You still have to earn money to buy milk and diapers for this tiny monster inside. 

From: Amber [ 1 13pm]

Okay fine.......... I miss you so much. Can't wait to see you again. SEE YOU LATER XXX

To: Amber [ 1 13pm]

:)

"done?" Jessica asks, looking behind at the backseat and I nod, putting the phone into my pocket. I still can't reply Amber with a proper 'I miss you' over the phone because it just feels weird. I did tell her 'I miss you' before but texting is different. I can't seem to type in the three words. I don't know. 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

It was finally evening and the sun began to set, birds were flying back to their nests and the waves were crashing on the quiet beach. Krystal sat on the ball chair near the window, which Amber had shifted from the corner because she knew that Krystal liked watching the beach but couldn't stand for too long or her legs would swell. 

Time check, 6 24pm. Krystal had already done preparing the dinner, it was a simple meal. She stir fried beef, brewed a small pot of chicken soup, boiled some vegetables with carrots and fried two sunny side up eggs. She heard the bell ring, informing her that someone was coming up. Her heart began to race as she knew that it was Amber. 

"Hey," Amber smiled and croaked out with her deep voice. She looked so tired and Krystal felt her heart ache a little when she noticed the dark circles under the tomboy's eyes. Krystal went to Amber and helped her with the briefcase which Amber did not let her to. "Just sit there. I will take you out for dinner after I am done showering, okay? I will be quick."

Krystal her lips and said sheepishly, "I... I have made dinner for us already." 

Amber was surprised by it and she looked at the dining table, indeed, the dinner was waiting for them. She smiled genuinely and put her hands on Krystal's shoulders, giving them a few rubs along the arms. "Thank you." She looked into the shy girl's eyes and Krystal nodded. "But I still have to shower first. I stink." Amber laughed and patted Krystal's head before she went into their room. 

Krystal knew that Amber did not take long to shower so she went to prepare the dinner first. She scooped out two bowls of rice and placed them on the dining table. She heard the water running so she told herself to wait patiently.