Chapter 19

Turning Point

The Suzy-Krystal deal as what Amber called it, had gone on for four days. On the weekdays when Amber had to work, she purposely overworked and came home late. But to her amaze, Suzy actually stayed up to wait for her and put the water bath for her. Then, she would again, wait for Amber to be in bed with her. For the consecutive four days. This drove Amber nearly crazy because her heart was once again shaken by Suzy. Amber knew that she shouldn't have suspected Suzy when she suggested this deal, she just loved Amber. About the incident earlier, maybe Suzy was just too jealous. She told herself that she needed to understand and forgive Suzy. She was trying to. 

 

On the fifth day, Henry went up to Amber's office and dragged her to a pub for a brother-sister talk. Meanwhile, Krystal was on her last week of school. Granny Liu had already submitted the form and Krystal could not say 'no' because her baby bump was indeed, huge. On the same day, Jonghyun asked Krystal out for lunch to have a chat, too. 

NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING CONVERSATIONS TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME BUT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. 

Amber moved her feet reluctantly as she stepped into the pub after her brother. She had never liked to be in a pub in the day, because pub isn't meant for morning. "C'mon, you're as slow as great-grandma!" Henry said impatiently, tapping the seat next to him. 

"I still have mountains of work to do ya know?" Amber grumbled, slumping into the seat. 

"Well, I still have thousands of girls to date but here I am, with you." Henry retorted. 

"What do you want?" Amber decided to pull back on track. 

Henry looked through the menu and ordered long island,"what about you?" 

Amber gave a scoff and replied, "same." 

"Aren't you going to take time to think? Maybe you can work overnight today and don't have to go back home." Henry joked. 

Amber cocked an eyebrow up at her brother and faked a wide smile,"you are so right." Then she rolled her eyes. 

 

Krystal and Jonghyun walked into the restaurant near the school, the waitress thought that they were a couple. 

"Erm... just a table for two, please." Jonghyun said awkwardly, rubbing his nape. Krystal remained quiet, not wanting to explain further.

"Follow me, please." The wairtress ushered the two to a table near the window. 

"What would you like to have, Krystal Jung?" Jonghyun asked, passing Krystal the menu. 

Krystal took over the menu and scanned through it, nothing looked appealing. But still, she had to eat something. "Steak, please. Medium."

"Right. Same, then. What about the drinks?" Jonghyun asked again, with a small smile.

"Green tea. Hot one." Krystal replied, looking at Jonghyun who was seated opposite to her and now taking the order. 

After the waitress left, Jonghyun clasped his hands together and placed them on the table, looking at them as he tried to let his tongue roll. 

Krystal noticed it and she tilted her head to the right, "Do you have something to say?" 

Jonghyun nodded. 

"You can tell me." Krystal smiled.

"You're leaving." Jonghyun uttered out.

 

"Why?" Henry asked, after listening to his sister's complaint. 

"Because she doesn't want me to spend as much time with Krystal?" Amber explained. 

She swallowed a huge gulp of her drinks and sighed. 

"It has been four days?" Henry asked, toying with the straw. 

"Yeah." Amber replied

"Wow, so when are you sleeping with Krystal?" 

"That sounds wrong. But, the day after the tomorrow." Amber said, smiling slightly. 

"Look at you. Tsk tsk. I doubt you have this smile on when you come home for the past few days." Henry teased. 

"well, I ain't saying that Suzy is bad and I don't like her." Amber pointed out.

Henry arched an eyebrow up and whispered, "And you love Krystal?" 

Amber choked on her drinks and she grabbed the napkin to wipe . "What?!" 

"Don't pretend that you don't." Henry said in a sing-song manner. 

"I-I j-just... we-well? I-I just-"

"Just what? Just what? Just love her?" Henry teased again. 

"You are so dead." Amber hissed, glaring at Henry.

"Wow, calm down. Look, who's that." Henry pointed to the other side of the table.

Amber turned around and saw someone rather familiar. "Who's she?" 

"The girl who works in the cafe that your Krystal worked at." Henry answered

Amber nodded agreeingly and then realised what Henry said. "Hey, I told you she is not mine." 

"Soon." Henry said, getting up and approaching the girl. 

Amber didn't bother watching as she continued to finish her drinks. 

 

"We can still meet up." Krystal smiled assuredly.

"Yeah, we can..." Jonghyun mumbled. He thought of Amber and knew exactly that it was not possible.

"Yeap." Krystal smiled genuinely this time, not noticing the disappointment in Jonghyun's voice.

Their orders had arrived and the two started eating. Their table was quiet for a few minutes then Jonghyun broke it. "Is she... good to you?"

Krystal put down her fork that was near her lips, she hesitated.

"I knew she isn't." Jonghyun snorted. He put down his utensils and made them clink on the plate.

"She is." Krystal said, reminiscing the time when she and Amber snuck out.

"Oh yeah? Then can you tell me why do you sound so sad?" Jonghyun challenged her

"I am not." Krystal remained firm on her ground.

Jonghyun almost wanted to stand up and scream but then he was aware that he was in the public. "Okay."

Then, they fell into silence again. That made Krystal really uncomfortable as Jonghyun just kept eating. He cut the steak angrily but quietly, sending piece by piece to his mouth, chewing madly. Krystal noticed that his nostrils were flaring, exactly the same as Amber when she was angry.

"O-oppa." Krystal called out when she couldn't stand the silence. She wasn't even eating then. 

Jonghyun nodded, telling Krystal that he was listening. He didn't want to speak because he knew that his tone wouldn't be nice.

"Are you angry?" Krystal asked, timidly.

Jonghyun shook his head this time, still refusing to speak.

"Then talk to me." Krystal sighed out.

Jonghyun stopped cuttng his steak and placed down the utensils, quieter this time. He reached for the tea and Krystal reminded him that it was hot, considering that he might just gulp down since he seemed angry. Jonghyun's anger had already dissipated in the air when Krystal showed that she cared.

"I am sorry." Jonghyun apologised, putting the cup down.

Krystal kept quiet but she watched the boy opposite her fidgeting.

"I was just... angry that she is always bad to you. Every time."

"She is not always bad to me." Krystal smiled.

"I... I have noticed that she doesn't send you to school or fetch you home anymore." Jonghyun said.

"She is busy." Krystal replied.

"Krystal Jung, I can help you. Tell me what's wrong." Jonghyun said patiently

 

Amber was surprised when Henry managed to ask Krystal ex co-worker to join them. 

"This is Amber, my sister. Amber, this is Sulli." Henry grinned.

"We've met before." Sulli said. Her face showed a little displease at the sight of Amber. Maybe she knew that Amber didn't treat Krystal nicely in the past.

"Yeah. We have." Amber mumbled, playing with the droplets on the surface of the glass. 

"We can be friends then!" Henry cheered. "What would you like to have, Sulli-ssi?" 

"Just lemon tea." Sulli replied.

"You come to the pub to have lemon tea?" Henry asked, bewildered. 

"I already had a drink just now. I don't feel like getting drunk." Sulli explained.

Henry nodded and just took the order. 

"Amber, why are you so quiet?" Henry asked

"Because I have nothing to talk about." Amber replied

Sulli observed the tomboy and decided to sit next to her instead. "Can we talk?"

Amber was a little surprised when Sulli came over to sit next to her. She didn't even expect Sulli to talk to her, given the look on her face. Or maybe that was the reason why she wanted to talk to her. "okay..."

"Hey what about me?" Henry asked.

"if you don't mind." Sulli smiled, a little too sweet.

Henry nodded, indicating that he got the hint.

"How are you and Krystal?" Sulli asked, straight to the point.

"We're fine?" Amber replied, shifting uncomfortably.

"Is she happy?" Sulli asked.

"Ye- I don't know." Amber sighed. Actually, she knew. Krystal was not happy. 

"Do you care?" 

"Of course." Amber said immediately

"do you love her?" 

"I... don't know." Amber sighed. 

 

"There's another girl? Wow that bastard." Jonghyun scoffed

"Don't scold her that." Krystal frowned

"But she is one!" Jonghyun raised his voice.

"I am the third party." Krystal stated

"But you're her fiancee"

"She has Suzy and Suzy really loves her." 

"Let me ask you again, Krystal Jung. Do you love her?"

"I... don't know."