Chapter 14

Turning Point

krystal+jung+f(x)+(1).jpg(imagine this is Krystal after haircut)

*lub dub* *lub dub*

Amber could hear her heartbeats so loudly. "Oh, i-it is nice." She finally uttered out and turned around, pretending that it was not a big deal. Just a haircut. She thought to herself. 

Krystal smiled to herself, looking at Amber's back, unaware of the pink tints on Amber's cheeks. "Thank you." She muttered then ran her fingers through her hair. It was the first time that her hair was in such a good condition because she had never went to hair salon before. She usually cut her hair herself and did not bother if there were split ends. 

Their silence was invaded by a few knocks on their door and Amber jumped out of the bed to open it. "Wooyoung?" 

"Good evening Amber-ssi. These are Miss Jung's buys for this afternoon." Wooyoung greeted and handed a handful of shopping bags to Amber. Amber took over them and dismissed Wooyoung. But she caught something before she closed the door. 

"What are those?" Krystal asked, head tilted to her right as she stared at the bags in Amber's hands. 

Meanwhile, Amber was still thinking about what she saw. Then she realised that Krystal was calling her, she jerked up and put the shopping bags on the bed. "Yours." 

"What? Mine? I didn't buy- Amber..." Krystal was looking confounded then she understood what happened. "Didn't I tell you not to spend money on me?" 

"Well, you're my fiancee, it is right for me to do that." Amber replied with a shrug. 

"Amber-"

"Stop. What's done is done." Amber raised up her hand in front of Krystal's face and stood up again. She turned the door knob and sauntered out of the room. Leaving Krystal dumbfounded as she had no idea why Amber looked unhappy, she thought she was the cause of it. 

"great. You made her angry again." Krystal mumbled to herself and sighed. Her gaze shifted to the bags lying on the bed and reached for them. "Stupid..."

 

 

"Wooyoung, come here." Amber called out as she went down the stairs. Wooyoung and Nichkhun were having a small talk as they stood by the dining area. Nichkhun signalled Wooyoung to go over and followed Amber to her study room. His eyes showed worry as he looked at his friend's back which soon disappeard from his sight as Wooyoung entered the study room. 

"Sit." Amber said, pointing to the seat opposite to her with a table in between them. 

Wooyoung obliged and quickly sat down. "What can I do for you, Amber-ssi?" 

"Hmm... let me see what can you do for me..." Amber said, staring right into Wooyoung's eyes and tapping her fingers on the table in a rhythmic manner. 

Wooyoung suddenly felt uneasy and his palms became clammy with sweat. He avoided Amber's scrutinizing stare and jumped up when Amber spoke again. "What did you do today?" she asked. 

"I accompanied Miss Jung-"

"And?" Amber interrupted. 

"N-nothing Amber-ssi." Wooyoung replied, he gripped on his trouser tightly as he was nervous. 

"Nothing?" Amber questioned. She got up, walked over to Wooyoung and spun his chair around to face her. "Let me warn you first, Jang Woo Young. No one," she lurched forward and their faces were just a fist apart. Her face was scrunched up in anger. "No one touches what's mine." 

Wooyoung pushed himself into his seat and nodded in fear. Amber could do anything to get what she wanted. He knew it. They all knew it. 

"Good. Better remember what I told you today. Now, go home." Amber smiled as she moved back to her standing position. Wooyoung got up hastily and reached for the door as quickly as possible. Amber kept glaring at the door even after it shut close again. 

How dare Wooyoung looked at her Krystal the way she did? They just spent a day together and Wooyoung liked Krystal already. So much threats in the house. Amber made a note to herself to transfer Wooyoung away from the mansion. 

 

 


It was Krystal's fourth month pregnancy and Amber accompanied her to the check-up. Their baby was fine, just that Krystal was slightly underweight. Dr Yoon told Amber to let Krystal eat a lot and satisfy her cravings. But Krystal told Dr Yoon that she didn't crave for anything. Dr Yoon just said that it hadn't started yet. 

"Wait for me." Amber said with a smile as she parked her car along the road. Krystal watched as Amber ran into the restaurant on the street. She waited and Amber's phone vibrated. She didn't want to care but it kept vibrating. 

"H-hello?" she answered, didn't bother to check the caller ID as she thought she wouldn't know who was it anyway. 

"Amber?" 

A girl's voice. "Amber is not-"

""Who are you?"

"Krystal. Who is-"

The line went dead and Krystal frowned. The girl was so rude. Then she pulled it away from her ear and looked at the screen. It was Suzy

From Suzy [1 46pm]

Call me, babe. I have something to tell you. See you soon x

Krystal didn't mean to read the text but it just popped up when she was putting the phone back. Her heart felt weird. Then a few rapid knocks on the window woke her up from her thoughts. She unlocked the car from inside and let Amber in. 

"Bulgogi." Amber grinned, waving the container in front of Krystal. 

Krystal gave a weak smile as she still hadn't gotten over the text message. 

"What's wrong?" Amber asked, sensing that Krystal was not her usual self. "You don't want it?" her face full of worry. 

"Anniyo." Krystal forced a smile and shook her head. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome. Let's go home before the food turns cold!" Amber said dorkily and reversed the car. 

Krystal stared out of the window as Amber drove them back to the mansion. Anyway, it was funny how she didn't see Wooyoung anymore after that day. Usually, Wooyoung would tag along if they went out, because he was their body guard. 

"Where's Wooyoung?" Krystal suddenly asked as Amber manoeuvred the car into the slot. Upon hearing the name, Amber stepped on the brake, hard and sudden. "Ah." Krystal yelped as her back hit the seat. 

"What's about him?!" Amber asked, staring at Krystal and frowning. 

"Nothing? Just that I haven't seen him around.." Krystal mumbled, rubbing the back of her head as it hit the headrest. 

"Don't ever talk about him." Amber said through her gritted teeth. Krystal noticed the sudden change of tone and she nodded slowly, even though she didn't know why Amber was ticked off. 

Then Amber grabbed her phone and the food, opened the car door and almost stepped out when Krystal said, "Suzy called and texted you by the way." Then Amber looked back but Krystal had already gone out of the car. Amber watched from inside of the car as Krystal walked to the front door and went inside. 

"Aish... she must be not happy because of that just now." Amber mumbled to herself, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. Then she went out of the car and followed after Krystal. 

Amber watched as Krystal sat on the sofa, switching on the tv and flicking through the channels until she stopped at a drama called 'Boys Over Flowers'. The sight of the four boys on screen made Amber's blood boil again. "Yah Jung Soo Jung, come and eat first." Amber said arrogantly, thinking that Krystal would listen to her but as she walked to the dining room, she realised that Krystal remained seated on the sofa, eyes not leaving the screen. 

"ah... what the hell?" Amber uttered to herself and saw Rebecca looking at her weirdly. "What? Go and get that lady over there to eat. I am out of this. Whatever." Then she put the container on the table and walked to the staircase. She threw one last glance at Krystal and rolled her eyes before she climbed up to their room.

"Krystal-ssi, please eat." Rebecca said politely and Krystal smiled before she got up. She switched off the tv and went to the dining hall. Actually, she heard Amber just now but she pretended that she didn't hear her because she was a little upset. The reason? She didn't know. Maybe because Amber scolded her for mentioning Wooyoung, or maybe something else was the cause of it. 

 

 

"Yah Jung Soo Jung," Amber called out irritably when Krystal didn't say goodbye to her before she went out of the car. Students were strolling in to the entrance and Krystal spotted Jonghyun a few metres away from Amber's car. 

"Yes?" Krystal turned around and looked at Amber briefly before her eyes darted to Jonghyun. 

Amber was unhappy at how Krystal disregarded her presence and greeted Jonghyun with a smile. A smile that she hadn't been showing since their check-up the day before. 

"Oppa," Krystal greeted Jonghyun and waved at him. Jonghyun grinned and waved back, walking closer to Krystal. He knew that Amber was there, watching them closely. He purposely patted Krystal's head in front of her. From the corner of his eyes, he could tell that Amber was fuming. 

But instead of coming out of the car and hitting Jonghyun, Amber took him by surprise that she just drove away silently. Weird. 

"Let's go Krystal Jung." Jonghyun said and pointed to the entrance with his thumb.

"Okay. Bye Am- Where is she?" Krystal asked when she realised that Amber was no longer there. Then she just shrugged and walked with Jonghyun into the school, thinking that maybe Amber needed to rush off to somewhere. 

 

Amber's POV

What the hell? I was there. Just there. And the two of them acted so intimate? Am I transparent? Since when did I master the skill of being invisible? Argh!

My palm hurts because I hit the steering wheel too hard, but somehow, the pain is nothing compared to the discomfort in my chest area. "ARGH!" I groan as the scene keeps playing in my head. How she smiled when jonghyun patted her head. She didn't even smile at me since.. yesterday? What did I do wrong? 

But I am also surprised by myself that I didn't go out of the car to punch that dino-face. In the past, I would just give him a few blows and send him straight to the hospital. 

"Hello?!" I answer my phone in annoyance as it interrupted my thinking. 

"Babe? Where are you now?" 

Suzy? Why is she calling me? Oh wait, I promise that we will go for lunch today. Right... 

"Erm. I am heading to the office." 

"Okay... See you later okay? I miss you." 

"Okay." I reply. I can't seem to return her the same greeting. 

"Am?"

"yeah?"

"... nothing. See you later." 

I nod even though she can't see. Then she hangs up first. 

 

 

No One's POV

Krystal went back home after her lesson. Amber wasn't there to fetch her, it was Nichkhun. From what she heard, Nichkhun told her that Wooyoung had been transferred to work in the company. Krystal asked for the reason but Nichkhun didn't answer, he said that it was personal. So Krystal didn't press on. 

She went for a bath and had her lunch. Her baby bump was so obvious now that people would gossip about her even when she was around. How she wasn't married but was pregnant. 

"Krystal!" She heard someone calling for her. 

"Jung Soo Jung!" The voices were familiar. 

Then her door room flew open, with Rebecca trying to stop two people from barging in. 

"OMMA? APPA?!" Krystal's eyes widened as she saw her parents fighting their way into the room.