Chapter 38

Turning Point

i've changed my mind and this is not the last chapter yet! Because it would be a little too rushed and I don't like it :) 

 

 

A month later

That morning, Krystal woke up with slight ache on her back and she nudged Amber who was sleeping beside her to give her a little push to get up from bed. Amber was sleeping like a sloth then, was agape, snoring loud and mumbling some words that Krystal could not bother to figure out. "Amberrrrr." Krystal called again when her wife did not respond her. 

"5 minutes..." Amber said, raising up her palm and showing Krystal the digit. Krystal sighed and tried to get up herself, it was a chore since she was near her labour. The belly was huge and Krystal could feel her skin stretching even. "Baby~" Amber cooed when she felt around beside her. Krystal frowned when she heard the tomboy mumbling again. "Another....drink...." 

"Yah Amber." Krystal smacked Amber on the head directly. Ever since their marriage, or you can say ever since Krystal was nearing her labour, she had become more and more hot-tempered. 

Amber jumped up, cupping the part of her head which was stinging in pain. "Ow ow what what?" She could barely even open her eyes and tried looking around, searching for the one who hit her. "Krystal? What's wrong?" 

Krystal huffed softly and said, "help me up, I need to go to the toilet." 

Amber yawned and stretching while nodding. "You need to pee? I thought you just did that..." Amber mumbled but still helping Krystal up. On the other hand, Krystal was feeling bad because indeed, she woke Amber up almost every 30 minutes in the night just to go and relieve herself. But, the baby was moving about inside her and pressing her bladder every time. 

"Thanks." Krystal mumbled after Amber helped her to the bathroom, Amber gave a lazy smile and nodded. She stood outside, waiting for the girl to finish her business. "You should wash up soon, it's time for work." Krystal said after opening the door. Amber took a glance at the alarm clock on the night stand and saw that it was a little late. But still, she assisted Krystal back to the bed and then rushed off to wash herself up. Krystal wanted to go out and prepare breakfast for Amber but she had a hard time getting off the bed. 

So, she sat on the bed for about 15 minutes, listening to the water running in the bathroom and Amber humming to soft tune. She rubbed her belly and sighed, "I hope you are ready soon." She just wanted to give birth immediately and release all the stress within her. And by stress, it meant ual frustration too. Dr Yoon had spoken to her about raging hormone during pregnancy but she thought she would never experience it since she hadn't really tried before. But, lately she found it hard to fall asleep when Amber was so close to her. 

"I am going to work. See you at night." Amber smiled and leaned in to give Krystal a peck on the lips then another time before she set off for work. Krystal sighed and slowly lay herself down, lying on the bed in the empty house again. Her sister would be coming in a few minutes time because Amber was worried about her safety alone at home. Even though it was bright early in the morning, Jessica still sacrificed her sleep for her baby sister. 

 

 

 

Although Suzy was sent abroad by Amber, her every movement was still updated to Amber. Another envelope of photos was sent into the office by Lay and Amber looked through it. She saw how Suzy struggle to cope with the undesirable living condition, there were little choices for Suzy and no electricity, her clothes barely kept her warm and she had lost a lot of weight even though she was already skinny to begin with. 

"What's your next move, boss?" Lay asked, looking at Amber's frown as she looked through the photos. 

"How long has it been?" Amber asked, staring at a particular photo which Suzy was crying while looking out of the window. 

"A month?" Lay replied. "Are you going to fetch her back soon? I mean, I think she has learnt her lesson. She has no friends there and no money even. Her daily meal is just bread and maybe porridge. Water is a problem too." 

Amber sighed and slumped back into her chair. "Do you think I've gone overboard?" 

"Not really boss." Lay said. "Thousands of people could have been in her place now if Mr Lee Minho didn't agree to regain the contract with us." 

Amber nodded. "You're right." She inhaled sharply as she stood up, pushing her chair back and Lay took a step back for Amber to walk around her desk. "Fetch her back next week. But warn her to never bother me and Krystal again. I don't want to see her face anymore. If not, tell her next time will be worse." Then she strode out of the office with Lay following after her. 

"Have you dealt with Jonghyun case?" Amber asked, Lay sped up and walked beside Amber. 

"Yes." 

"How was it?" Amber stopped for awhile to ask Lay, then continued walking when Lay gave her a thumbs up. "Great." Amber smiled smugly. 

 

 

 

"Yul, I told you not to put your legs up!" Jessica scolded when she saw her girlfriend sitting in an inappropriate manner beside Krystal. "What if you hit Soojung when you try to get off the sofa!" Yuri scratched the back of her ear and slowly put her legs down, as gently as possible. Jessica rolled her eyes at her girlfriend before asking her to get away so that she could sit next to her sister. 

There were times when Yuri thought Jessica didn't love her enough. She got away like a puppy and watched the two sister interacting, touching each other on the belly, hands or brushing each other's hair. She was burning with jealousy, even though it was ridiculous for her to feel that way. "Nah, Amber didn't do that." Krystal giggled when Jessica whispered into her ear. 

"You mean, she is not tempted to do so?" Jessica raised an eyebrow up. Yuri pretended to watch the television but her ears were fully alert. 

Krystal shook her head. "I'm pregnant, remember?" She lowered her voice as she said so. 

"But, you guys are already married and she can hold it?" Jessica asked, with disbelief evident in her voice. 

"I am the one who can't hold it, actually." Krystal's cheeks flushed beneath her fair skin and Jessica giggled this time. Yuri felt awkward listening about it so she decided to take a breather downstair. 

As she was walking out of the lift, she saw Amber sauntering into the hallway. A few girls squealed when they saw the Amber Liu, Yuri envied Amber's fame but sometimes, it was not a good thing either, considering the way Jessica would act if she saw girls crowding around her. Amber waved at the girls confidently and beamed them her signature grin. Yuri crossed her arms in front of her chest, waiting for her future in-law to go to her. 

"Sup." Amber greeted when she saw Yuri standing near the lift. "Why are you here?" 

"It's uncomfortable upstairs." Yuri said, shivering as she recalled her girlfriend and Krystal's conversation. 

Amber frowned, "what do you mean?" 

"You free now?" Yuri asked, draping an arm over Amber's shoulders. 

Amber looked at the watch on her wrist and said, "it's near dinner time and I think we should go out to have dinner soon. Krystal can't wait." Yuri peeked at Amber's watch then nodded reluctantly. "How about a drink afterwards?" Amber suggested. 

"Great idea." Yuri smirked. The two of them went up and Krystal's face lit up upon seeing Amber. Jessica, on the other hand, frowned when she saw Yuri because she thought Yuri just went to the bathroom. 

"Where have you been?" Jessica asked, walking toward Yuri. Yuri tried to act natural even though she hadn't done anything wrong. She shrugged and pointed at Amber. 

Amber saw it and she said, "oh, Yuri tried to fend off the girls around me by showing off her charm just now." She smirked when she saw Yuri glaring at her, but her glare soon died down when Jessica had her fingers around her ear and twisting it. 

"Owwww omo sica, it is not like that!! Amber!!!!" Yuri hissed in pain and tip-toed when Jessica pulled on her ear harder. 

Amber laughed out loud while Krystal was watching worriedly. She knew that Amber was playing trick again and she nudged Amber. "Alright alright. Actually I bumped into Yuri on my way up. That's all." But then, she was not let off too. Jessica averted her glare onto Amber and stomped toward her, Amber tried to stand up on her feet and escape but she could not react fast enough. 

"Excuse me Soojung." Jessica said to Krystal before she punched Amber right into the stomach. "If you think that it is funny, think again. And, not to forget that you still have some unfinished business with me." She warned, referring to that time when Amber chased her out of her company. 

Amber gulped, looking at Krystal for help but Krystal looked away, because she knew HellSica was unstoppable. 

 

 

 

 

"Um... Krystal? Is it okay if I er... go out with Yuri for a drink?" Amber asked, rubbing her nape and looking at Krystal who had just come out from a bath after their dinner. Krystal looked at Amber for awhile before she nodded, Amber grinned and thanked her while helping her to hang her towel and walk out of the room. Jessica and Yuri were waiting in the living room and Amber sent signal to Yuri through her eyes. Yuri made a little 'okay' sign with her hand and Amber grinned. 

"The two of you better not come home drunk, understood? And, listen up. No babes allowed. Am I clear? If you go for dudes, I am going to shove the broomstick up your and out your mouth. Okay?" Jessica warned, folding her arms in front of her and with that icy tone of hers, Yuri and Amber stood at attention and nodded nervously. Krystal suppressed a giggle from coming out of and she switched on the tv. It surprised her when Amber skipped to her and landed a peck on her lips. It was so unexpected that such little action made her blush a deep shade of red. 

"I will be back before 12, promise." Amber smiled then waved at Krystal before they went to the lift. Krystal touched her lips after Amber and Yuri were gone, Jessica plopped down next to her and about it. 

"Actually, the jerk is not bad too." Jessica chuckled. 

 

The two of them decided to play safe so they avoided bars, clubs and pubs. They went to a small cafe instead but it still served alcohols. "You were saying we need to talk?" Amber started after their drinks were served. Yuri took the glass up and swallowed a big gulp of it. 

"wooo!" She felt refreshing after the cold liquid gushed down . "Oh... I was about to tell you something." 

"What is it?" Amber asked, drinking sip by sip so that she would not pass out quick. 

Yuri looked around the cafe and felt that it was safe enough to say. "You know... your wife." 

Amber frowned, leaning closer to Yuri opposite to her. "What about Krystal?"

"She is at that stage." Yuri said, hinting Amber but the latter was too dense to catch it. "You know? Hormonal change?" Amber shook her head, telling Yuri that she couldn't get it. "Okay fine. This is super awkward for me to say about your wife and I overheard-"

"Straight to the point." Amber cut off. 

"Okay. Krystal needs you." Yuri said, hoping that Amber would get it this time

"Of course she needs me I help her out with everything." Amber said, looking at Yuri incredulously. 

Yuri gave herself a real facepalm and then stared at Amber. "Not the innocent way." She said, her eyes piercing right through Amber until she saw the tomboy's cheeks pink in embarrassment. 

"how do you know?" 

"I overheard their conversation." Yuri said, leaning back and drinking her beer. 

"Well... I have never thought of it." Amber said, her shoulders were tensed and she played with the droplets outside her glass. "When did she say that?" 

"Just now. Before dinner." Yuri said. "Has she been acting weirdly recently?" 

Amber's eyebrows grew closer together, trying to recall if Krystal had been acting strangely. And everything made sense. "Oh... she... has been initiating a lot of skin ships recently when we are sleeping. I mean, trying to sleep." 

"Ah..." Yuri teased and Amber drank her beer. 

"I thought she was just cold or just needed some comfort... But... wow..." Amber awed, looking at her glass and still could not believe that her wife was craving for . "Does that make you ? The hormonal change or something?"

"Haven't you been visiting the doctor with her? And yes. Actually way before it, she should be feeling already." Yuri said

"I didn't ask Dr Yoon for such thing. But... I will take note of it." Amber nodded to herself, looking serious. 

"Friendly reminder. You can't do it with her now unless you want to see your baby's head popping out to say hi to you halfway through your y time." Yuri warned and then laughed as she pictured the scene. Amber got up and smacked Yuri on the head for thinking wild.