Chapter 18

Turning Point

Didn't I say that I will be away for two weeks? Aish you guys... Ook come on. 

 

Amber had her haircut and dyed her hair back to black. She cut it shorter, of course. But it was different style. Her hair was no longer spike up. 

tumblr_mvhzvyQYO81qkxcnao1_500.png

While she was having her haircut, Krystal was just beside her. The younger girl was reading the magazines on the shelf, looking out of the window at the passing cars, texting somebody (Amber suspected that it was Jonghyun), playing with the air in , rubbing her belly once in a while, standing up to stretch a little, tapping her finger on her knee and lastly, stealing glances at Amber. The last part made Amber smile to herself. She looked into the mirror and observed Krystal. The girl looked so captivating when she was... relaxed. Amber felt her heart stop beating when the girl occasionally flipped her hair over her shoulder. 

After she was done, Amber stood in front of Krystal and waited for her comment. But Krystal just said that it suited her. She was a little upset because she expected Krystal to say that she looked handsome and perfect, like how her fangirls would say. Still, she didn't throw any tantrum at Krystal and just drove the car silently. Even though it upset her, she didn't want to force Krystal to say something out of her comfort zone. 

When they were back at the mansion, it was already 7 24pm and Krystal was hungry again. They had their dinner together as Rebecca told Amber that Suzy already had hers. Amber didn't want to care much about the girl upstairs as she was still angry at her tone in the texts. Amber and Krystal had their dinner together silently, with Amber asking Krystal if she wanted this or that between silence.

"I will.. sleep now." Krystal mumbled, pointing to the guest room and not looking at Amber. They were in the hallway on the second floor. Krystal walked to her left and turned the knob as gently as possible. Before she could step in, Amber tugged her arm and turned her around. She sighed when she felt Amber's arms around her. Her arms slowly s around Amber's waist too and pulled the girl closer even though she had a baby bump in between them. It made them feel like they were one family. 

Amber Krystal's hair with one hand and the other rubbing her back. She inhaled the girl's scent quietly, not wanting to let the girl know because it might freak her out or something. A minute or so later, she pulled back reluctantly and placed both of her hands on Krystal's shoulders as she looked into her eyes. "I... had fun today. Thank you." She smiled genuinely. 

Krystal's eyes kept roaming about on Amber's face because she just couldn't look at her eyes for long. She gave Amber a small shy smile and nodded. "Me too." 

"Have a good rest." Amber retreated her hands on the girl's shoulders and whispered with a smile. 

Krystal nodded again and wanted to go into the room when Suzy suddenly called her to stop. 

"What is it now?" Amber asked irritably as she turned around to look at Suzy who was walking towards them. 

"I am sorry Am..." 

To everyone's surprise, Suzy apologized. Amber had her eyes widened for a second before she coughed to keep her cool. "Why are you even apologizing to me?" she asked, looking at Suzy coldly. 

Suzy her dry lips and nodded. She walked a few more steps towards Krystal and bowed. "I am sorry, Krystal. I shouldn't be so mean to you. Please forgive me." 

Krystal, being Krystal, forgave her almost on the spot. Amber took everything with a pinch of salt and went over to Krystal's side, facing Suzy. "Why the sudden change?" she asked, almost mockingly. 

"I... reflected upon my behaviour while the two of you were out. Then I realised that I shouldn't be so mean to her. She is innocent. I was too much." Suzy said smoothly and let out a deep sigh at the end. 

Amber squinted slightly. 

"It's okay." Krystal smiled, her voice gentle and soft. 

"I am really happy that you have forgiven me. I thought you would never-"

"Krystal is a good girl." Amber butted in. Krystal looked to her side and saw Amber looking aloof. She raised her brows a little but kept quiet. 

"I know. I realised that." Suzy said. 

"So what's now?" Amber asked, shoving her hands into her pockets. 

"You had a haircut." Suzy smiled, running her fingers through Amber's hair. "You look so good Am." 

Amber's heart was shaken by it and she smiled cockily. "Thanks." She flipped her fringe when Suzy stood back. However, someone else was feeling sour but she kept her smile. 

"Am," Suzy called out and Amber hummed in response. "I am thinking... that I should move to the guest room." 

Krystal almost wanted to say something but Amber quickly said,"oh great!" Krystal looked at Amber as if she was insane and checked if Suzy was okay. But the girl had her smile on still. 

"But, promise me something Am." Suzy said. Amber nodded eagerly. Anything that Suzy wanted, as long as she would let Krystal move back to her room. "You will sleep with me on weekdays and can only spend time with her on weekends." 

 

 

 

 

 

Short update!