oo5

My girl, Gumiho.

Official Chapter 5: Truth comes with a price.

I was panting. As a gumiho, nothing is as easy as moving from place to place, especially to the heavens. My powers moved me to the furthest gate in the heavens,North gate. I sighed. In heavens, no one could execute great powers that is enough to move them all the way to execution area. The execution area is out of bounds for teleportation. Moreover, even if I teleport again, the furthest I can be is 15 kilometres from this place. And my mind power would be greatly affected by the excessive usage of powers... I ran there of course, using the fastest speed my legs culd carry me.  6 kilometres every 2 minutes. people were avoiding me as I made my way to the execution ground.

The heavens wanted the execution to be carried out at 6pm sharp. I clenched my fists, I was panting greatly when I reached. 5.58 30s pm.Only 30 seconds left. i saw my mentor begging in front of the blade that was magically hanging in the air. The Lightning blade that kills a gumiho right with in a flash. hye-kyp mentor stared at me with eyes widen in relief that I came.I rushed to her and gripped my hands on her hands. Jihyun looked exhausted but she smiled as I approached her.

"45 seconds left."SOng hye-kyo mentor said softly. I nodded and say,"Why? WHy did you foresee the future? And whose fate are you seeing?"

She was surpised at the questions asked,"I cannot tell you. It be against the rules.But all truth comes with a price.Shinhye arh, I be leaving first. But...remember to leave at all costs when you discovered you cannot handle your feelings. Remember my words."

She paused as if the fear of death had seized her. She talked slowly,"Shinhye. Help me to take care Taehyun."

"Taehyun, a writer." she said, eyes b with tears. "Please."

"Time is up." Hye-kyo mentor declared. Her face looked pained. I was dragged away by Hye-kyo,"Why? Why?"

It happened too quickly. I felt my heart thumping louder and my mind whirled. "no way..."

Then it struck. The lightning blade. It moved down in great speed that my eyes could not see it moving down! But I saw how my mentor Jihyun closed her eyes in a calm manner and tears which fell down her cheecks. In a moment, the figure of her cracked. She cracked into pieces... And the cracked pieces burst and vanished into the air. i was stunned. What just happened? What just happened? my heart skipped a beat. This is how gumihos died? The brutal scene was supposed to be bloody... But it was so different , just cracked pieces that burst into small particles like sand and flew away in the air...

"Shinhye...Jihyun...she died..."Hye-kyo was so sad and she fell to the ground. The execution ground was filled with creis of hers. No one came to see how Jihyun mentor died. Only the two of us.Hye-kyo 's face was tear-stained and her body trembled in utter sadness. I was just... just stunned. Shocked and Confusion.

I walked out, feeling really just dazed. I did not cry.

"Shinhye...Where are you going?" Hye-kyo called after me. I ignored, the feeling was a mixture; mainly confusion and the fact it happened too quickly that i was just taken aback.

I existed from the South gate to the mortal world. I wandered around the bustling city. But I did not see how people around me laughed or talk. My mind just kept replaying the scene when she died. My heart shook badly. Suddenly, I felt the reality struck me. I started to feel the pain Hye-kyo mentor had just now. My heart felt as if thousand of needles pierced through my skin, I wanted to scream but the repressed cry was stuck in my throat. I could not utter a word. My mobile phone was ringing. 

My mind got me back unknowingly to the house. I opened the door. The moment I stepped in, I caught sight of a photograph on a photo frame. Jung Jiyun hugging Shinhye closely and Hye-kyo had her arm clinged onto Jihyun's arm...

Then I fell to the ground and for the rest of the night, i just stared at the photograph... I wanted to scream and shout and cry out. But I couldn't. The sadness was stuck in the body. The pain was circling around my mind. The heart... felt as if a part was missing or rather ripped off cruelly. No tears and cries. yet t could be just so painful.

So that is the pain we would feel when we lost someone.

It felt so familliar and distant at the same time...


"Are you okay?" Baro asked me who kept a face throughout the working hours, "Ji...hyun...I mean yesterday when I called you, where are you? AN dJonghyun was completely worried! Just tell us if you are alright!"

I stopped sorting the files just making a "ok" reply that made him speechless. 

"Then.. your mission....Yonghwa-ssi had a stalking personality on Jieun... Would you want to check out Jieun's schedules maybe?" he tried to talk to me. I nodded. I did not feel like talking.Everything is just stuck in my throat.

Baro saw my reaction and tried to be nice,"Distract yourself with work then. Complete your mission, fufill what Jihyun want you to do."

I made a i-got-it reaction  and continued my job.


"Yonghwa, happy to get your call but you got a life too. My manager is already on bad terms with your manager. Why not try coming to the studio to meet me next time? I call you then." she hung up. Yonghwa felt his heart being ripped. That feeling would stick to him for at least a night, a  sleepless night. He turned off his phone, disappointed. He turned just in time to see me standing in front of me.

"You heard...heard it?" he asked, embarassed. I nodded,"I am just here to... to ask if you need any help."

My eyes were cold. He was taken aback at my direct comment,"No need."

I must have looked really bad, He asked me again,"Are you okay?"

I shook my head. i did not know why I did that. However, I just shook my head honestly. He was nodding his head,"You need ... help?"

We were awkward. He cannot help me. I was sure and turned to leave. He gripped on my hand,"You must be nuts. You came to my company, out a sudden and now sad... and when I asked if I could help . You just ignored me."

his eyes met mine, I looked into his eyes," You can't help me."

"You sure?"he took his grip off my hand. I nodded. "Maybe I can sing ...a song?"

"Okay." I answered. He nodded awkwardly at the really stale atmosphere," oh. Let's go to my private studio then."

I nodded in reply.


"What song would you like?" he asked me. I did not know,"Sad songs?"

He thought for a while,"Infinite...'s Only tears?"

"ok." I answered curtly. He started singing softly...

I love you. I’m sorry
But i can’t do this anymore
I don’t even have the right to get close to you
Don’t love me
I don’t have the ease of being able to give you my heart
I live every day beyond my strength
Each day is too much so i cry

Oh, i.. I don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away
Because i’m a guy who has nothing but his own heart

I’m holding back, even though it hurts
Even tears are a luxury for me
I don’t even have the right to look at you
Don’t look at me

I know that my heart is wherever you are
Close enough our breaths can touch
Always in that same place

Oh, i… i don’t have anything i can give you
(but i’m) missing you
I can’t even give you loving words
But i’m missing you
I can’t even boldly wish for you to be mine
But i’m missing you
So i push you away

More than anyone else in this world
I love you, so i hold back

Oh i… i can’t hold your hand
But i’m missing you
I’m worried i might just have my tears to hold
So i’m missing you
I can’t tell you to stay with me
But i’m missing you
So it’s too much, but in the end
It’s because i’m a man who has nothing but his own heart


I listened softly. I felt my heart being softly opened. I looked up at him who just strummed his guitar with his gaze fixed on the wall. His expression was truthful. It was the good lyrics and song that expressed his heart. I did not need to use the card to see how he felt now. All he felt was longing , helpless and a tinge of sadness. He felt his real self when he was beside her. He felt happiness and satisfaction that he could no longer felt in the once exciting life he got. He wanted to say,"I missing you." yet the 3 words are words he could not say out. He was stuck and trapped in the borders that his career gave him.

I looked at him.... He started to get a bit emotional. The song he was singing was sang out with more force. He looked like he was singing something that was trapped in his body for a long time. Poor guy. Jihyun mentor arh, I hoped you can hear this song too. It was so good and sang beautifully.

The emotions in me started to pour out. Tears dropped. Silently. Only tears... No cries or screams. Yet it was enough. They fell quietly like they had accepted it well and all they wanted to do is to get out of this sadness. Yonghwa stared at me who was busily sobbing. "You..."

I smiled. He was taken aback although I was still crying...

"It was good that you at least did something to show your feelings rather than having it stuck in my face."

I nodded. But smirked,"See who is talking."

He was utterly embarassed. I got up and said,"i am leaving now. I need to find someone."

I walked to the door and opened it, ready to leave but I remembered something. I peeked behind the door,"i owe you this one. Will repay you by being your cupid next time,!"

He grudgingly nodded. I left. Taehyun? I would find him!!!


Then the card turned into purple again in Shinhye's wallet. But like last time, it turned back to its orignal transparency.


Author's note:

I heard my sunbae ,Funoverkpop said, I should write something like this to thank my subscribers. So I wrote this?

Hahah. But either way, everytime I logged in, I am especially surprised at the fact that my story had a new subscriber. I am happy that you all enjoyed this story so far:). I must have been a very inconsistent updater because I am busy catching up with Goddess's stories!  But I hoped you all are okay with the development of the story;-). 

Nowadays, so many girl groups have released songs that are super good! I am immediately hooked on SIstar's Give it to me! ;>. And , yes, I am a Yongshin and Daragon shipper! They are super cute. And a Sestal shipper sometimes! Maybe comment more to tell me you all are reading it? :) And by the way, have a happy tomorrow!:P