o18

My girl, Gumiho.

o18: Swords?

"I... should not have agreed." Yonghwa muttered to himself as the girl in front of him danced happily. He could see Shinhye smiling innocently and walking off, patting his head before and said,"Thanks. Yong."

Happily, Shinhye waved her hand at Jieun who was spotted in the crowd. Jieun narrowed her eyes at her and walked towrads SHinhye, panting,"Agassi!"

"Yonghwa?" Jieun saw Yonghwa who managed an awkward smile.

Shinhye dragged Jieun away , saying animatedly,"Jieun! I am going to learn how to make a sword!You have to help me to keep it as a secret and Jieun arh, let make it together!"

Jieun shook her head, while saying the boring words of advice again and Shinhye wondered why Jieun had not given up persuading her with same words that did not work at all. As for Eunhyuk, he spotted Shinhye and Jieun and with a shrug, came towards them. It was not long that Eunhyuk and Shinhye was scolded again in the mansion while Jieun stood beside Shinhye's mother like an obedient child.


"Jieun. Can I go out today?" Shinhye asked to Jieun's surprise. Jieun shook her head. Shinhye pouted,"But... Yonghwa wants to see you."

Jieun's eyes widen,"What are you talking about?!"

Seeing Jieun flustered, Shinhye gripped the chance,"Jieun. Yonghwa promised me a sword and in exchange, he said he wanted to know you better."

Jieun gulped. That guy, the blacksmith ? She could feel her heart flutter. Yonghwa's image flooded her mind. She blushed slightly while SHinhye being a devil enjoyed the sight of Jieun biting her lips nervously.

"Come on. Don't make your suitor wait."

Jieun looked up and met SHinhye's gaze.Shinhye smiled encouragingly while exaggerating ,"I could imagine the poor boy making a sword muttering ,'jieun...jieun...when am I going to see her again?' How sad"

Jieun could not take it anymore and stood up,"Okay. I would tell Mam that we would be going to market for hairpins."

Shinhye clapped her hands,"I can imagine how Yonghwa look like when he saw you!"

Jieun flushed and scrambled away. As for Eunhyuk, he blinked. "Hey. Who is YOnghwa?"

"Some guy. " SHinhye smiled," Jieun's achillies heels!"

Eunhyuk nodded eagerly,"Jieun liked him?"

Shinhye tilted her head sideways and blinked,"I don't know?"

Eunhyuk laughed," So you are the cupid?"

Eunhyuk smiled at SHinhye who raised her eyebrows cheekily.


"Yonghwa! I brought... Jieun!" 

Surprised to see the girl she saw at the blacksmith's again, SHinhye narrowed her eyes when she saw JIhyun standing, talking to Yonghwa. 

Jieun flushed from the sight of Yonghwa. Yonghwa looked to Jieun and grinned. That girl is fast. He had convinced Jihyun to help him to run an errand in the market today since he knew the Crown Prince would be disguising there again. Jieun smiled at Yonghwa back. For Shinhye , she felt guilt.

Guilt overwhelmed her. WHat if Yonghwa is a two-timer? Worse still, maybe that girl was his lover?! OR WIFE!?

She pulled JIeun back instinctively and Jieun looked at her with curious eyes. JIhyun noticed Shinhye's unfriendly gaze and walked off, sighing.

"Hi, Jieun and... Shinhye." his voice was soft and gentle but took a turn at the last part. SHinhye glared at Yonghwa and Yonghwa was confused.Shinhye muttered," Let make a sword now. and Jieun... shall go to the market and help me get a few hairpins first."

JIeun widen her eyes and Yonghwa looked at SHinhye in disbelief. Shinhye dragged Yonghwa further into the warehouse and left JIeun staring in the space. Shinhye let go of her iron grip and shouted,"WHo is that girl?!"

Yonghwa snarled,"My friend."

"Hey. Don't tell me you are a two-timer!" Shinhye glared at Yonghwa while Yonghwa chuckled,"A friend only."

"Guys should not get too close with girls." Shinhye stated, not convinced by Yonghwa's brief denial. Yonghwa riased his eyeborws, finding this young girl surprisngly amusing and leaned close to Shinhye that their faces were only a few centrimeters awayfrom SHinhye's face. Both could feel the breathing of each other but thick headed Shinhye stared back fearlessly. Yonghwa was surprised taht a girl would not look away and blushed. Yonghwa took in Shinhye's features. She was pretty and quite innocent looking. Yonghwa felt his man instinct coming alive. Well, he had to agree that Shinhye is one pretty lady and drew his face away form Shinhye.

"Hmph. Seems like you like to do skinship a lot!" Shinhye 's voice was shrill and demanding. Yonghwa smirked and said,"Be careful then."

"What do you mean?" Shinhye flinched at his dangerously low voice. Yonghwa turned and refused to let out a chuckle,"Urm.. We would be amking a sword in the same room?"

Shinhye stared daggers at his back before grabbing a dagger from the racks."Don't you dare!"


 "Great. You can't even carry the sword. PROPERLY." Yonghwa snarled at Shinhye's clumsy attempt to lift the sword.

Shinhye looked away and continued trying. 

"You need a light sword then." Yonghwa stated,"That would take ages to make one."

"Great , you then can see Jieun often." Shinhye stated , making Yonghwa smirk. Yonghwa lifted the sword away from Shinhye's grip and hand her a few scraps of metals. "As for these, you need to pay for them."

"No problem." Shinhye said, reaching into her pouch and gave him ten taels. Yonghwa gladly accepted it. 

"Set up a fire." Yonghwa said, smiling at Shinhye, trying to be nice. Shinhye turned and try her best making a fire. Yonghwa walked out of the room... and said,"I'll be back in a few minuted with the tools."

Shinhye nodded.


"Hyun Woo, right?" JIhyun asked when he spotted Hyun woo with his bodyguards. Hyun woo nodded,"You are?"

"Jihyun. Yonghwa's friend. He said to meet you here but he had some troubles. So he asked me to bring you around instead." JIhyun smiled, bowing a little. Hyun woo thanked her and follwed her in the market. Jihyun was instructed to bring him to the market first and made some coincidental meeting with Jieun.Yonghwa had great telepathy skills and Jihyun got what he meant immediately when he stated that Jieun was going to the market for hairpins.

She brought Hyun woo the the market and answered some questions as to what she think of the market and what goods were lacking in supply. Crown prince... huh...

SHe saw Jieun in the crowd and brought Hyun woo forward,"Jieun right?"

Jieun looked up from the array of hairpins,"You are the girl just now... You... are?"

"Jihyun, Yonghwa's friend. And this is my friend, Hyun Woo , aka Yonghwa's friend." JIhyun introduced while Hyun woo politely greeted Jieun. JIeun too greeted back. Then there goes the real CUPID, Jihyun getting them to eat together while discussing things together.JIhyun told she was doing well but she failed to realise that the only common topic between Hyun Woo and Jieun is Yonghwa. Another man. They proceeded back to the blacksmith. Then she heard a furious shriek!

"YAHHHH! YOU SHOULD TELL ME YOU CAN"T RAISE A FIRE!" Yonghwa shouted at SHinhye who was already had her face black and her clothes darken. Yonghwa looked haphazard too. IF not for Yonghwa's powers, the whole store would be burnt down by now. Luckily his powers controlled the fire and only let the stove be affected.

Shinhye had her head down while Jieun rushed there, cleaning Shinhye, passing her the spare clothes she broguth for her. SHinhye pouted. and went to change. Yonghwa tuned gentle for Jieun again but this time, he met a stern glare from Jieun.

"Can't you see Agassi is trying her best? And... And! she had a scar on her leg and she is scared of fire. I could see tears in her eyes! " JIeun sadly said, she witnessed Shinhye burnt by a fire in the study room when Shinhye was only 12 years old and could remember how SHinhye trembled for a few months in her sleep , being traumatised. She never liked her bizzare agassi but this time, she went soft for Shinhye. Yonghwa paused,

No wonder Shinhye was trembling badly when she saw the fire. She was evn on her verge to crying but kept the tears. He noticed Shinhye putting her head down and silently cursed himself. Shinhye came out after changing. Her eyes were red and swollen . Being protective, Jieun dragged Shinhye outof the store and Shinhye muttered a sorry to Yonghwa before leaving. 

Leaving Yonghwa feeling bad and all stuff. Hyun woo patted Yonghwa's shoulders.

"Isn't Jieun nice? Maybe you should have paid more attention, buddy." Yonghwa took in Hyun woo's advice. Seeing Yonghwa dejected, Jihyun asked Hyun Woo,"Jieun is great isn't she? Pretty , kind and feminine."

Hyun woo nodded," She is so good that she can become a crowned queen." 

The compliment might have struck some hope in Jihyun's heart but as for Yonghwa all he felt was guilt. He saw the little dagger. And let out a sigh. 

He would apologise to Shinhye. He would.

He must.

 


Author's note...

Shinhye and Yonghwa would get closer^^. After this, I be retreating back to the present for a while. For some fluff moments^^. Anticipate?

If you have loved this so far, Subcribe and Upvote? HEhe. Thanks for the new subcribers and cute comments! My motivation came form the upvoters too. THANKS!