oo1:

My girl, Gumiho.

Official chapter 1: Meeting my mission.

I woke up and immediately yawned. How tiring. Unlike the heavens, when I woke up, the first thing I sensed was the heavy dark wisps of air in the atmosphere. Jihyun mentor once told me it signified the ugliness humans have in the world, where greed and lust crept around. The heavens never have those until...when I saw Jihyun Mentor being carried away by guards...I saw a few wisps of dark air fluttering. I thought she was polluted by humans or what so ever, but never would I think that she fallen for a human.

I did as what Baro said, humans wash up like us. We do, so I proceeded to the bathroom. He also told me to turn the silver thing 'tap' for water. I was shocked when I did as told. Fun...The water volume s enough for a wash up. But the funny thing is that, when I am in heavens ,water spring is always there for us,flowing. We only had to stay there and wash up there. I scanned the bathroom. Some lotions and stuff... Humans like fragrance and the smell of good hygiene. That why they love to apply lotions on their bodies. I appiled them. Immediately, a soft tender rose smell entered my nose. Hmmm. Fragrance...

Then when I continued exploring the house, my phone beeped.

"Report for work Now!" baro must have sent me this.I grabbed the bag and wore the most suiitable outfit I supposed in the wadrobe that I always see ladies in Gangnam Hope Store wore. After grabbing peaches on the table, I swallowed them in a flash.

Where is the bus? car? hmmm. What are they? I proceeded to ask people where are the nearest bus stops that could take me to Gangnam Hope Store. They nodded and gave me directions. I sprinted off in the very high shoes I had. I boarded a bus and asked the bus driver if I would reach Gangnam Hope Store in that bus. The kind guy smiled and nodded. I gave him the bus fare and happily hopped on. People stared at me especially men...

"That girl is kinda cute."

"She? Yea. Very pretty huh? But...She is way older than us."

My sharp ears caught what some guys who were sitting behind me said. They looked young, 13 years old to 17 years old? That is very young huh, and at this age , they are already talking about the opposite , impressive indeed. The bus trip ended shortly when I saw the familiar mall appeared before me.

I headed towards Baro's office in a fast pace and the mall looked quiet and hadn't even started the operation. I could only see some humans around, cleaning and doing some set up for the mall. I smiled at them. At the heavens, we always greeted the cleaning people as they always gave us much comfort. Some older ladies were taken aback and smiled back sheepishly.

I entered Baro's office. 

"WOw. You are earlier than expected. Only the cleaning ladies and setting up humans would come that early. Exception is me and you. We aren't humans."

I nodded. He seemed to be naggy.

"And...now, I will brief you through your mission and give you knowledge about what happening in the mortal world."I nodded again. He just smirked and gave me a long lecture on all sorts of stuff that I must know. Firstly, the uses of different electronic appliances and... my mission.

"Firstly, I would not give you help. But only information. "

"Secondly,Yonghwa is a celebrity."

I frowned,"Celebrity? Is it popular?'"

He smiled and agreed with my reply,"yes. they are people who sing and dance do entertainment for humans."

I frowned,"Gisaeng?"

He laughed,"No! They are holy and are talents on earth. Now this is a of couple of songs he sang. They offer talents not body."

I shrugged and listened. They are really great songs. I caught him holding the guitar I saw in his hands last time.WOW. He looked suave and humans are screaming and chanting his name as if he was the hero. Baro finished playing the song and told me something about him.

"He had a girl he liked." he paused ,waiting for me to say something, but I didn't,"You can be his cupid."

"oh. "I did not say anything because I am unaware of what is love actually.HE smirked,"DON'T be confused. You have to help him to not get sick of his life. and of course change the dark wisps of air around him."

I nodded. "For now, you are my secretary. Till 5pm, I will let you off. But then again, you are going to have a hectic day with me."

After saying that, I realised time has passed. It was 8am already and we started to sort out documents. Thanks to the fact we do learn human language in the heavens, I was able to sort them out quickly. I had a book in my hand which constantly recorded what he had for the next day and reminders that I should give him. 

"Coffee or Tea?" I asked.

He smirked,"Latte."

I frowned. He is trying to confuse me with names. I proceeded to the cafeteria and said slowly,"Two latte."

Gladly, the lady understood and gave me two coffee. I headed back fast and drank my latte fast. He started to head out to the conference room."Stay beside me. You need to take note of what I am saying."

I agreed meekily. Many humans came in and smiled at me. They had a talk about Father;'s day promotion. I sighed. How I wish for a father.They suggested family games events and promotions for men's apparels. And even stalk of roses to be given to every male who brought their family into the mall that day. It sounded thrilling but Baro shook his head,"Something fresh."

"Whaty do you think, Shinhye?"

I gulped hard. Me? Ummm. I struck an idea,"Nowadays we seldom see teenagers going out with dads, and according to our statistics ,many teenagers like going to our mall. We can encourage them to come with their dads, and hire celebrities that are hot today to come and entertain the teenagers and even some father generation singers to have a stage with those trending idols nowadays. These performances will definitely attract dads and children."

MAny humans seemed surprised by my idea,pleasantly surprised. They proceed to think,"how about SML artists?"

"NAh. They are having a world tour."

"YGW! How about them?"

"Hmm. But their music is very innovative and difficult to combine with trot singers."

"Some...artists that don't always dance is good too. So their combined stage with older singers are easier for older singers.'

"Yonghwa." I whispered and all thought hard.They nodded slowly,"Seemed good. "

"Yonghwa is good with mother generation people and Minhyuk is kinda popular with many teenagers. Also! Jonghyun is hot nowadays after his drama. And the bass singer is very popular among young kids too!" BAro clapped at the idea of this.

"An outdoor stage!" some other suggested. We ended the conference happily and Baro commplimented me. He showed me around the mall. I got to remember all ths shops' names and some important figures in the company.


5pm struck.

"Is time to go." Baro looked at his watch, but he smirked,"I got you an errand to go."

I scratched my head."

The department has contacted Yonghwa's company. They requested for a meeting with us. Why not you meet with them first? Today at 6pm. 6 pm sharp. And discussed about the meeting and of course... try to attempt your mission."

I smiled gratefully. Then I realised something.

"Boss! Do you knwo what does it mean if the transparent card turns purple?"he shook his head,"There is no such colour."

"Really? It must be my hallucination then."I smiled and walked off. 

My stomach is growling and I managed to grab some nice piping hot porridge and headed to my mission.

"Sit here. Miss." I smiled as the lady at the reception got me to a big room, conference room.

I sat there for a while before I heard a crowd coming in.

I turned as the door creaked open.

Then I saw Yonghwa and others entering . Yonghwa, with a hopeless sense of dark air swirling around him...