oo2

My girl, Gumiho.

Official chapter 2: He isn't as easy as he seems.

 

"Yonghwa-sshi?" I blurted his name out and he gave ma a very polite smile. But the card I was holding in my hand turned white with faint stripes of red. HE is on his alert mode and is beware of something. I must have made him uncomfortable.

"Hi. We are cnblue but Jonghyun is currently ill and residing at the countryside." Yonghwa wrapped evrything up, smiling at me with only politeness. The card has not changed its colour.Minhyuk however was thrilled when I suggested that a renowned senior singer would be performing with them and Jungshin was polite enough to offer me a tea as I gone through all the project details.Yonghwa just silently nodded. Then as he listened, his face sunk more and the dark air around him got deeper. I frowned as suddenly diverted topic.

"So is Jonghyun going to take part in this?" I asked, keeping the smile on my face. The manager nodded,"Yes."

He gave me his note. I was surprised at the familiar handwriting."He said you two were childhood friends. So he asked me to pass this to you."

Friends? Humans? I took the note and glanced at it.

Shinhye.

Is me Jonghyun. Just look at the poster and see how I am now! I am glad you chosen us for the endorsement! Okay. See you soon after what I had to be done is done.

I grabbed a cnblue poster and stared at the poster.My mouth was agape.This is Jonghyun! I mean the gumiho from the heavens! I must have looked so shocked that Minhyuk said to Yonghwa quietly,"It seems like she had no clue that the Jonghyun was our hyung."

Then my transparent card turned a faint yellow, amusement.I stared at the card. How emotional when his face was the same cool look all the while. NOt easy huh? I felt depressed suddenly.It seemed like the one that I wanted him to trust me the most was not even showing his real happiness or sadness to me.Shinhye arh, Shinhye, I don't think it is that easy...My mind whirled into thoughts .I could hear many things suddenly as my ears became sharp. I heard Jungshin in his heart muttering how he wished that he was in his dorms now drinking a hot chocolate and go to sleep. Also, Minhyuk was actually squealing in his heart that he should grab this chance to finally sing more. But yonghwa showed nothing. In his heart ,I could hear desperate cry that screamed a name ,Jieun. 

"Jieun." I accidentally blurted out. Yonghwa perked up. I was happy he finally showed some expression. Then I remembered the mission, Cupid. His face is showing affection for ths name. But...as a gumiho who never experienced love before...can I help him? Yonghwa futher asked,"What is with Jieun?"

I gulped hard ans sipped the tea,"What Jieun? I didn't say anything about her?"

Yonghwa was a bit surprised and I put on my best acting skills,"Are you okay?"

He nodded and smiled,"yes."

The card changed colour, faint orange, he is baffled.

I smiled back, he is definitely not easy.


As Shinhye had a rather formal conversation with Yonghwa, Hye-Kyo headed to Jihyun's prison. The guards greeted Hye-kyo with utmost respect.

"JIhyun."Hye-kyo went neard the fiery bard that the prison held. Inside, a weak soft cry was responding,"Hye-kyo, help."

Hye-kyo never saw her best friend in so much despair before so in a really soft and firm voice, she said,"Jihyun, what's wrong?"

"I don't know. There is something with Shinhye. IS like i can feel her heart thumping and I could sense dark footsteps coming behind her to seize her."Jihyunwas trembling,"And I saw something."

Hye-kyo was confused,what was Jihyun talking about?

"Purple cloud. Purple cloud. I saw it. "JIhyun continued,"Is a sign of misfortune! I am sure!"

Hye-kyo was even more convinced that her friend is insane over not seeing SHinhye for long. SHe smiled and said,"Nothing is wrong. Nothing is wrong.SHe is safe and sound!"

"Really?"a hopeful voice behind the bars spoke with strength.Hyekyo muttered persuading words to put her mind to ease. As she was about to turn and walked away, Jihyun spoke again,"WOuld you rush to me if I saw something again?"

Hye-kyo was surprised at how worried Jihyun had been over something she halluncinated."Yes I will."

As she left, Jihyun was gaining all her powers and muttering,"I must remember the guy. I must!"

Because all she knew if she was not quick enough, Shinhye would be eternally hurt because of the guy. She got that feeling, a feeling she dread. And the feeling was creeping to her every moment.


Exhausted. 

I must say that as I was offered coffee by cnblue manager. I went throught their profiles and schedules. Many of their schedules are much taken. Cnblue, I mean yonghwa and friends are practicing their songs next door, having rehearsals again and again. I flipped through the thick calnders which is heavily marked. CFs, Dramas, Variety Shows, Fan meetings and Training classes... I gaped at the high amount of hours they worked.

"I am pretty sure they are kinda stressed." I glanced at the calender, marking down dates that matched the possible event holding days. Celebrity might be even more tiring than a gisaeng. Haiz. I must have thought them to be too easy and simple. Just someone who sings on stage and play instruments, playing music all the while. No wonder Yonghwa would have dark air which surrounded him. If I were him, I may even hate my music due to the high amount of stress it gave me. How pathetic if one day the music I clings onto so dearly is something I wanted to get it off badly.I sighed. Never would I want to be in his shoes!

"Hello. Have taken note the dates available all these... and that we would inform you more specific details as soon as possible."I managed a smile.

The manager nodded back happily,"Sorry for insisting on meeting your comapny today. These kids are going to have a upcoming Seoul concert. They need to prepare."

I gladly nodded and before I left, i decided to drop by at their practice room,"Can I go in and see their style of singing?"

The manager looked surprised,"I mean we may assign them some different image in our photoshoot for the event so I need to fit the style of music too.So I can get back to our design department."

"Oh. okay." Now my work is officially done. My human workload is done so now I must get back to start my Gumiho work. Hmmm.Mission should start now! Cupid plus confidate so he get all his problems off and also help him woo his girl. Hahaha. This sounds thrilling. I stretched my arms out as well as breathing in air. 

I entered the room. Yonghwa was singing happily the song "i'm sorry."

It was splendid but it wascatchy and the beats were strong. I nod my head to the beats and Jungshin smiled to me kindly. My eyes were fixed on Yonghwa but he kept a impassive face throughout.City cold guy. I concluded. My eyes were weary. They had a break and Minhyuk came running to me,"What image am I?"

. I haven't thought of it.

"Your face is pure but you should try a wild personality. It is really refreshing and a bit dangerous. Bad boy style."I concluded. I stared at his face, breathing hard. I looked like a terrible liar though. He nodded,"I planned to go for that too. I looked good in that image, right?"

"I bet," I nodded.He smiled really kindly.Jungshin was quite quiet although he got a bit loud when he and Minhyuk were friendly bickering. I wanted to go away badly. The whole room is just the boys' room. Not what I should be in. i was looking for an excuse to slip away like I finished observing and is ready to take my leave. I stood up, ready to leave...but Yonghwa stared at me. i am pretty sure he stared at me like I am some weirdo.

He walked up to me, squeezed his eyes and looked at me with curiosity,"Are you...lying?"

Yonghwa...is finally talking to me! But that not the point, what did he mean?

"Are you really Jonghyun's friend?"he asked, smirking. I muttered yes and he casted me a suspicious look,"What if I tell you he likes...you?"

My eyes were big. I don't get what he is talking about? 

He leaned in and said,"I think...you are dating with him, right?

"What?!" I nearly shout out loud. He smirked,"Must be. Then why does he has your picture in his wallet recently? Jieun... What did he say to you?"

I was even more confused. He put on a cold face,"You said Jieun just now.But why you said I was imagining things? I am sure, very sure you said that."

Gulp. He knew it? I thought I fooled him well. Humans... Not easy. Not easy. Then I realised he was amused by my shocked reaction. let don't foget I still had my card in my hand. The faint yellow flashed his feelings out. He must felt that he got a upper hand. I shall fool him around then.I smiled evily,"Jieun. I like this name. that why. Was it something that you don't want me to know about her? Or should I say i am pretty sure you are hiding something regarding Jieun?"

His face turned to ashen grey. The card changed colour, light grey. Signifying ...fear and uneasiness.

His eyes flickered in fear even though he said,"Nothing."

Well, who says a gumiho only knew how to be angelic? I am a devil now. I ;liked how he looked now. A bit uneasy but the truthful expression, not that cold face that showed nothing. I took my bag and got ready to leave. I turned to greet the manager and the other members,"See you around."

They nodded back. Yonghwa hissed something into my ear,"I think...you haven't answer my question about Jonghyun."

I glanced breifly at him,"You too."

He was back to his city cold guy look. The dark airs had not dismissed but its colour were slightly softer.

I am quite looking forward to see him again. I think.



I reached the house. I bathed and on the laptop. Okay, I am mastering the functions of this item. then I search the net. Jieun.

Out came out 2 ladies, IU aka Ji eun or Song Jieun?

I frowned. Which one? I went to bed soon after I finished my research on my mission. Then the card i held in my hand was placed on the desk. Was there a purple? My eyes fixed on the card though I put it down. My brows were knitted. Hanbok guy with a girl he is hugging... Then my mind was in pain. It feels familliar but I just could not remember it. Where have I seen it? And when? I gave up, shall hit the bed now!

I yawned and got my sleep.