o15

My girl, Gumiho.

Official Chapter 15: Can you hear the heart beating?

"Shinhye. The manager hyung allows us to go on a break for 2 weeks." Yonghwa said montonously as he tucked into his breakfast. Last night when they arrived at Hyun Woo's little villa, they did not speak to each other till today's morning. SOmehow, SHinhye felt bothered by it. Was Yonghwa angry?

"Okay."Shinhye muttered, glancing nervously at him, scared that he was angered. Yet her card which she held in her hand tightly was in pale grey. The pale grey signifies boredom and sadness. Well, this is the first time she doubted her card though. Yonghwa then surprisingly said,"I... I am not angry."

Shinhye nodded. The awkward silence swallowed them again. 

"Hey. Want to take a break? "Shinhye suggested.

"The beach is walking distance away from here."Shinhye looked at Yonghwa who merely nodded but the card's colour did not change.


SHinhye POV

I shouldn't have came to the beach. 

I sighed staring at Yonghwa nervously. He looked dashing in his casual clothes but he acted like a distant cold prince. Normally he was just casual and funny at times to keep conversation going but now I had to keep the conversation going but it was evident Yonghwa wanted peace.

Sigh. 

He looked at me,"WHy are you sighing?"

I gulped. Urm...?

"I don't know?" I replied. He just titled his head in suspicion, I smiled, trying to brush it off. Yonghwa did not want to brush it away,"Is it because of me?"

"Nope!" I shouted agitatedly, lying blatantly . He smiled bitterly,"I am so useless."

"Not true." I immediately added in, as we strolled at the beach. Yonghwa shook his head,"I am..."

I gulped,"No!"

"Okay, chill." I could see he was amused by my agitation as his card finally changed colour. The beach is quite boring as we only see waves. We settled down on the sand shortly and he started to drift in his thoughts while I was bored and looked around. This is boring...

"Truthfully, I did not want to come out."suddenly he spoke. I nodded, knowing it from the start,

Then it was silent again I wished Hyun woo was here! 

"I...must be disappointing." he talked, pouring his thoughts out suddenly. I froze. He continued," I am bad at courting girls, keeping my fans happy and being nice as a thoughtful friend."

I listened as he carried on.

"I love music but it been pressuring me so much. I love Jieun but she don't. Life just for me." he said , but the bitterness in his voice is evident and I felt pain.

"Useless and Hopeless."he concluded.

For a while, my mouth is shut and I did not have a clue as to what to say. 

Then my natural instinct... as an animal... was to pat his head. To us, patting is the best way to said someone did well.

I reached my hand out and lightly placed my hand on his ruffled hair. His eyes widen.


Yonghwa POV

Her slender hand touched my head gently then patted it lightly with a smile on her face.

"Nope, you did well." she muttered and she leaned in with her face inches away from me that I could smell her hair shampoo. I froze. My heart flipped. I would never have thought she would do this. I expected her to say comforting words or even better chided me to wake me hard but instead she patted my head. As if I was a child. But this feeling ...of being a protected and praised child was uniquely good so I....liked it.

Her words made me more surprised.

"Yonghwa is such a good person. He made me really comfortable here. He is the first person I met here in this unfamilliar place. He is nice. And you know what he is terribly good lover and his devotion was touching. He made great music, a reponsible leader and talented singer too."her words were comforting but the words she said next made my eyes widen more, her sincerity touched me.

She smiled as she said,"God is a fair person, he made him so perfect so he had to give him more problems... Love or not...Career or not...No person lives a problem-less life. Even with all these problems... he is still so loveable."

Then my eyes locked hers for a while...

We stared for a few moment. Her eyes were gentle and lovely. Then my heart palpitated...

Then she drew her hand back, her fragrant rose shampoo faded as she leaned backwards onto the sand.

Then when she noticed me looking at her, she turned away sharply. 

I was stunned. Why was she like that?

She is a good lover, I bet.

I smiled as I looked up at the sky.

I giggled in my heart.

Too bad, Yonghwa, she is long taken by Jonghyun.


SHinhye POV

I looked at him who was smiling away at the sky. The card turned pink. I did well. My heart was coated with sugar and I grinned really brightly. Just now when he stared at me who was leaning back on the sand due to embarassment of what I said awkwardly...my animal instinct went wild and I turned away for a while, I sensed danger(?).

Yonghwa... I am so glad that you are okay already. 


Back at Seoul

Jieun disguised herself, slipping to the streets where the fortune-teller was rumored to be at.

The fortune teller was one of the greatest in the world, she heard. 

She searched around. SHe been thinking about Yonghwa a lot. He had not contacted her like she thought he would. So she wanted to do something for him and thought of the strangecreature Yonghwa thought he seen. She just feel uneasy.

"Young girl." she heard a voice call her. A man called her, dressed weirdly.

She turned and the man walked up to her.

"You cannot stop that wretched fox for doing anything. "he said, smirking.

She was surprised,"Gumi....ho? You mean...?"

He did not answer.

"What if I wanted to protect him?" she said , defiant.

The man smirked. "Never would you."

Then just as she thought she imagined it... the man disappeared in wisps of purple air.

She gulped.

If she ever knew that this one the legendary HALES, the man of the past who seen the repetitions of life. And the tragedy that dated back in Joseon Dynasty between Yonghwa and Shinhye....


Author's corner(?)

A bit of yongshin? It will happen more frequent in the future. Leave a comment(:::.

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote.

I definitely appreciated any gestures like these and motivate me to write often.  Read The MAkeover 2? I liekd it so much. Check Funoverkpop out. SHe actually wrote this chapter! Because I was busy>< Friendly seniorrr too(:!