011

My girl, Gumiho.

Official chapter 11: Gumiho or not

"I am so exhausted here."Shinhye wobbled to the electronic store. Her eyes were terrified and scared.

"Are you okay?"Jonghyun asked. Shinhye smiled but her eyes gave her away. 

Jonghyun remained silent. Shinhye soon fell asleep on Jonghyun's lap and Jonghyun could feel his breath quicken. Then his mission guy came.

"Does she need a a jacket?"the guy remarked.

Jonghyun nodded,"Yes. I would thank you for that."

The guy brought a jacket and watched Jonghyun placing the jacket on her lovingly.

"if...one day, the girl you loved was gone, the love in your eyes would turn into sadness that you would not want."the man said softly. Jonghyun felt his heart tightening. He felt as if the man released himself for now when he saw how he took care of Shinhye.


 

"The woman you love... why did she leave you?"Jonghyun asked again. The guy's expression who softened turned hard with sorrow and disbelief.

"Because she left with a man she told me she would never be with."Jonghyun heard the agitated tone that was hardening in Gun Tae. Gun Tae looked as if he was crumbled to the ground and fell hard, with an expression of agony. The pained look and the body who shook at every word he spoke.

"Gun tae. WHy don't you let her go? Continue your life."Jonghyun for the first time found himself talking softly with Gun Tae.

Gun Tae looked up and their eyes met. Jonghyun with his eyes pierced through his heart, in there, he found the image of the girl Gun Tae would not forget . Their moments together were sweet like honey until the new neighbour came, the man Gun Tae resented the most. He brought her away. They broke up. Then a letter came in when Gun Tae buried his sorrows in alcohol. It was the girl's death letter. It stated my dear best friend. She wished him happiness and that she would be leaving the world soon. She contracted AIDS from the man she loved. The man had died but she noted that she was not sad or regretful for ebing with the man since her moments with the man she loved were the sweetest. He saw Gun Tae who stared at the letter blankly. He returned to his normal life but the dark swirls of air just deepened every time he looked at the letter.

Gun Tae smirked,"You said that easily."

"Nothing could be done already, so letting go was the best thing you could do."

"Yes, Just because i could not do anything." Gun Tae sounded resentful,"That why I could not forget."

"I would never forget how easily I let her go. She is soft hearted. She may even pity me who loved her and stayed with me instead of the guy!  She would not be dead then!"Gun Tae shouted and forcefully said.

Jonghyun looked at him. 

"Do you want to know how she feels when she wrote this?" Jonghyun whispered to Gun Tae.

Gun tae looked at him in shock.

"Because you did nothing , you felt useless? Then do something, find out why she wrote this letter to you. Go to the house she left to and find how she live."Jonghyun suggested.

Gun Tae looked down,"My heart is still not big enough to hear what she did with the man."

Jonghyun lightly smiled,"Then if I go with you, two hearts would be enough, don't you think?"

Gun Tae stared at him,"Okay. You said it."

Jonghyun felt that this man was even acting younger than him. He laughed softly."Yes."

Shinhye who was awoke listened with her eyes closed. Jonghyun is daebak. She smiled. She need to leave now so he could complete his mission and that she would now have more motivation to complete her mission. Gumiho or not. She knew she was the only one there for Yonghwa.


Back in Seoul...

"Back(:." she smiled to Baro who rolled his eyes,"it only been 5 days!"

"Rest assured." she laughed. "I would do well! And beat Jonghyun!"

Baro smiled at her."Okay."


Shinhye POV

"Hello."I greeted Minhyuk who was elated that I came back for the meeting.

MInhyuk smiled and asked,"Noona, why aren't you here with Baro the other day?"

I froze.Baro who was beside me just beamed,"She was on her leave."

Minhyuk nodded and seemed especially intimidated by Baro. Jungshin was tuning his instrument and Yonghwa was sitting on the chair in the meeting room, going through the documents with the manager. I sat on my seat and discussed with Baro about the details of the meeting. The meeting began soon and everyone was in the professional mode.

After the meeting...

"So you came back." Yonghwa stated as I went out for a drink and he followed behind.

Feeling still afraid that he would find out by my identity, I was awkward and nodded. Yonghwa seemed pleased,"I rather talk to you than Baro. he seemed so high class and dangerous."

I just kept my silence. He realised how erid I was acting and asked gently,"Are you feeling okay?"

I nodded. He still was not convinced,"Did I say anything and upset you?"

His kind words made me guilty. I shook my head,"Nothing. I was just a bit tired."

We remained quiet as both of us sipped the drink for a few seconds. 

"How is Jieun doing?" I asked. He smiled brightly,"I made a really good promise!"

HUH? I tilted my head sideways and he laughed,"Jieun contacted me instead!"

"When?" I asked. He grinned,"After the egg incident. "

Oh. That seemed just like a concern for a friend. However, I kept quiet because I was afraid to hurt his feelings. 

He eyed me suspiciously,"Are you okay? I thought you would say in a straightforward manner that I was just hopeful. I know she called me out of concern."

I looked up at him who laughed. Yonghwa smiled,"teasing you is fun ."

"I am a sensitive person. I won't hurt anyone." I rolled my eyes. He laughed,"Okay.I know that. You are a downright nice person!"

The burderned heart inside me suddenly released. As if I felt that even if I was gumiho or not, he would accept me as a friend. I beamed brightly,"My pleasure to hear this."

He patted my head as if I was younger than him.

I smiled back. We went back to the meeting room soon after to sign the contract.


Just as I was about to sleep for the day, I received a call from Yonghwa. 

"Can you help me?" he sounded desparate.

I was flustered by his sudden request.

"what happened?" I asked . He sounded scared,"go and see my brother. He is acting strangely, he don't pick up calls."

"WHAT?" I asked. He sounded afraid,"Jieun is not picking the call, I am in the the studio , recording for my album, I can't leave."

I nodded. "Okay. Send me the address."

He hung up and sent me the address. I raced to the near by residence without caring as if I should take a car or bus. 

The moment I reached the terrace house, I smelt a familliar scent. I was surprised. That was... so familliar that I shivered. I rang the doorbell, no one answered. It was not the matter of helping Yonghwa anymore, I was curious why the scent was here. i climbed over the high door with aids from my powers. The security system rang.  A man burst out from the terrace house.

He was someone older and I paused as I saw him in front of me.

He looked hopeful for a moment and then deflated when he saw me.

"how did you come in?" he asked. I stared at him.

I saw what was inside in his eyes. 

This image caused me to freeze.

I asked with a threatening voice,"other than me , who do you expect to come in?"

He looked up alarmed.

"SAY!" I shouted.

He froze and mumbled,"My friend, Jihyun."

The disbelief look was imprinted in my face. I continued asking,"Why?"

He looked at me as if I was a freak,"Because I am the top notch engineer in the country and... only her would be able to break this."

"Then why your friend , Jihyun could?" I questioned, getting agitated every moment I spoke. He was rooted on the ground . A pained look took over him,"She is a Gumiho."

I glared at him and without warning, I grabbed his collar and he was caught by surprise.

"Let me repeat! She is not! " I screamed at him. Because of him, I lost my mentor. She was still stupidly in love with this man and had to die like this, prisoned. Her freedom was imprisoned by his presence. I felt like ripping him apart. But I couldn't. I knew how much she loved him.

He stared back at me,"Do you who is she?"

I bit my lips. Baro would scold me for this.

"Yes."

He grabbed my wrists .

"Then where and how is she now?" he sounded really concerned and the hope in his voice made me quiver.

"Gone. " I stated , knowing fully how he would break down. He stared at me and blinked.

"You are lying. She has so much powers and..is formidable!" he stated and with a look of disbelief that pained my heart.

I let go of his collar and looked down, shaking badly,"She is not that formidable."

The next moment he fell to the ground, shaking his head over and over again,"No...No!"


We sat in the living room. We were silent.

"How did she die?" He asked.

"She...was struck by the lightning." I lied.

He shook his head,"She would be fast enough to escape."

"No! She ... is not a gumiho!" I lied.

He shook his head,"then the tails and her powers?"

I paused. he saw all that?!

"She ... she is a shaman. "I told him. he looked up. "the her tails?"

"It signified how high her powers were." I stared at him, a bit guitly at how sad he looked.

"You two were more than friends." I stated. He nodded.

"Taehyun, right? She was struck by lightning because she broke shaman's law of ...interfering with humans' future."

he seemed depressed.

"Either way, let go.becuase it was her wish." I said gently  when I stood up,"She is my elder sister."

I went behind him. And closed my eyes,"Go away."

The hand I put on his head was shaking. Only Baro could do this right? I don't know.I tried. He shivered and then my forehead was perspiring.

And then I knew it. He was unable to forget her but I was able to erase the image of her as a gumiho, she was potrayed as a shaman.

He fainted. I placed a note on the table.

Stay happy.;

She would be glad for this.

I left.


Do comment here and upvote if you like it(:::!