012

My girl, Gumiho.

012: Aftermath

"Is my brother alright? He still isn't answering my calls." Yonghwa sounded desperate. Maybe I was so surprised and whole incident stuck my head without warning that I frowned and paused.

"hello?" Yonghwa was asking non-stop.

I breathed in and held my breath,"He is alright. He is just sleeping on the sofa."

"Really?" he asked. Of course not. He fainted and is likely to sleep until the next day. I did not realised how much I was trembling due to sudden usage of powers and was going to stumble and fall any moment.

"Are you okay?" Yonghwa asked as i sounded as if I was giddy and my voice came out as a squeak.

I nodded and said,"yup."

He thanked me over the phone and wanted to meet at the cafe sfter his recording. I agreed. Then, the world swirled around me. The tails wer coming out and I was still out. Maybe my head was pounding too hard that I felt like I was going to die anymore. I stumbled my way to my apartment and like what I expected. Tha all-he-knows Baro was in the apartment.

"I knew you knew it." I hissed. Baro was more than frustrated at the state I got myself into.

"You rest now." he wanted to sound at least understanding but his angry tone was too obvious. I was carried to the bedroom and slept on the bed. And I had a weird dream. The weird dream was frightening and I saw... an angry Jonghyun and troops of gumihos that were marching into the hall of crimes.


The most important thing was that I saw Yonghwa chained.Then my mind crept into a state of blankness.


"You are late for an hour." Yonghwa glared at me as I walked weakly into the cafe.

I nodded, muttering an apology that came out as a soft whisper. He saw my pale look and queried,"Was meeting my brother so tiring?"

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. He seemed to see through how irrtated I was and frowned,"What happened?"

I looked down.

After waking up, I wanted to forgive Yonghwa's brother but I found myself getting more frustrated at him. He was the one. As in it was enough for me to hate him to the core. Yonghwa kept silent as he sensed my bad mood.

Luckily he was in his disguise or I would never ever be outside with him, casually speaking.

"Your brother..." I smiled bitterly,"Was not making me tired or what... Or rather it was..."

I paused. if Taehyun was not the one...then who could I hate, won't my lie be exposed?

 "Baro." Yonghwa assumed, laughing. i nodded, glad that he answered himself.

Now, i felt more awkward with him. Firstly, i needed to protect my identitiy. Next, he loved his brother, the one who placed what I loved the most in trouble.

I shivered and trembled under his gaze. I felt uneasy. Yonghwa was animatedly talking about Jieun out of a sudden, praising her. I was glad he did all the talking while I just sort of nodded and laughed along nervously. He started got serious.

"You remember... what I said to you?' he leaned in and asked. His face was just inches away. I nodded, as if his words are venom that poisoned me which paralysed me. He shifted uncomfortably and stated in serious tone,"I think... I saw a gumiho.'

I gulped.

"Really?" I smiled, trying to be nonchalant,"You must be hallucinating."

He unhappily sulked,"Your response was so vague. Jieun believed me! Instantly."

I nodded. He rolled his yes at my lack of responses.

"I thought you would rant at me or at least sound enthusiacstically about this whole thing."

"I won't" I stated.

He frowned,"Are you okay?"

I nodded.

"Don't just nod!"

I replied a "okay".

It was not long that I made an excuse and left. Sorry, Yonghwa, I was just not ready.


Yonghwa POV

I did not know why Shinhye was acting so composed and awkward with me. I thought our friendship was not bad and could talk even after she went on a break. She was so happy when she talked to me over phone.What happened? i rubbed my temples. Weird!

She must be so upset that Baro scolded her. Did she got fired? Why did she look so sad? And in fact nervous?

Well, always when I chatted with her over phone or in real life, she liked to tease me about jieun and stuff. But after she went on a break, things had changed. We were on some awkward friends status and that made me a bit uncomfortable. She was an awesome friend so I must help her. I need to tell Baro to stop all these scoldings towards Shinhye. 

And I need a perfect person who can cheer her up! Who would the person be?

Jieun? She and me are both too busy sometimes that we neglected her. Jonghyun had gone missing for a few days, claiming that he went for some family visiting and would be back at the company soon. I bet even her boyfriend had no time for her. She did not seem to have a lot of friends in particular too despite how friendly she was.

Seriously, I am quite bothered by her sadness because I was so used to her being bubbly, sarcastic and fun at the smae time and a smile on her face...

maybe I should introduce a new friend to her. I blinked. Hmm... Bubbly fun and happy person, Hyun Woo!

I nodded, pleased that I thought of him. I texted Shinhye immediatelt and asked for her address , pretending to send her a hamper as gift. she was innocent and gave me willing. I laughed. I would let her meet someone so fun that she would forget every sadness. Hyun Woo is certainely the jjiang one!


Shinhye POV

...

"I am Hyun Woo!" the chirp outside my door made me stunned.

"Who are you?" I asked again, surprised to see him holding a hamper and smiling towards me. He was definitely cute and always carry the beam on his face. He repeated,"Hyun Woo."

I shrugged,"I mean why did you appear outside my door? And with a hamper? And what are you here for?"

He looked rather young. 

"Hamper by Yonghwa hyung!" he answered and gave it to me. I looked at it. Wow, the hamper contained quite a lot of tidbits.He smiled and I could not shut the door and I was waiting for him to say he would be going soon but he did not seem to want to go yet so I said,"Do you want to come in?"

He grinned.He bounced his way into the living room,scanning the place.

"Your house is neat!" he laughed. He had a contagious smile and I did smile back.

"These are handicrafts?" he pointed to the pile of handicrafts making sets that I bought from the handicraft shop to contain my boredom. I nodded.

he went over to have a closer look and saw the rabbit I sewn!

He smiled,"This is so cute!" 

"I guess so?" I smiled. He continued having fun with the rabbit and I felt like a child just went into my house.Pleasant child though.

"Urm, you are Yonghwa's friend?" I asked as he finally put down the rabbit. He nodded earnestly,"Yes!"

"You seem to like him a lot." I noticed. He replied,"Of course. yonghwa hyung has the best music and is always nice to me,"

"So...since when did you know him?"I questioned. He answered honestly,"Sine he was 17 years old."

"Wow.That is quite early." I noted. He smiled,"He was my senior in school."

He seems close to... Yonghwa? A bit of bromace? I thought slowly.

"Are you feeling unhappy?" he asked me. I blinked.

"Yonghwa hyung told me to cheer you up." he said without any hestitation.

I gulped. He did? "Oh, just gloomy for a while but now I am all good!"

Hyun woo nodded happily. He passed me his a note which had his number on it,"You can call me anytime when you need someone to talk too! I had a secret garden that is amazing for healing!"

I took it happily,"Will do so!"

He left shortly and my mind was thinking hard, a bit touched by Yonghwa. Then I smiled and texted Yonghwa.

Your friend is funny. Thanks.

I guess so, the cutest junior I have. Anyway he is the descandant of the royal family in Korea but you would never giess that he was the crown prince!!

Really? HAhah. I guess so, he had no air of arrogance.I liked him.

Great to hear that!

I smiled, tucking my phone back into my pocket and started my handcraft. The second art work-Yonghwa Plushie