Chapter 8

I Knew

Sorry for the late update, I had my last volleyball tournament today, had fun. Also, tomorrow I might not update because I am visiting my cousins who are moving away, so yea.

Chapter 8

Yoona suddenly grabbed Seohyun's hand during class, causing the younger girl to jump slightly. Yoona widened her eyes, 'Yuri' she mouthed. Seohyun felt oddly disappointed, knowing that Yoona only held her hand because of the bet, but hey, what could she do? Seohyun turned her gaze and saw Yuri entering the room, without Jessica.

Yuri walked over to the table and Yoona raised an eyebrow, "Where is Jessica?" she asked. Yuri shrugged, "Don't know, she's late." "Don't you have her number?" Yoona asked. Yuri widened her eyes in realization, "Oh yea!" she replied, taking out her phone.

'Are you coming to school?' Yuri texted to Jessica. ';( Can't I'm sick.' Yuri frowned at her reply, 'Oh, ok, feel better! :P' 

Yoona noticed how Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, her lips curved down slightly, looking like a worried mother, or a worried lover, she mentally smiled. Seohyun cleared , "So?" Yuri had forgotten that the two were there, "Oh, she said she's sick."

So, that's why Yuri looked so worried. Yoona smiled, knowing that Yuri cared about Jessica, seeing the look on her face. "Poor her." Seohyun stated and pouted slightly, staring at the ground. Seohyun wondered how Jessica could deal with being sick and being that wheelchair. Yuri nodded in agreement while Yoona just raised an eyebrow at her two friends, then she stood up from the table, bringing Seohyun with her.

Seohyun eyed Yoona, then down to their hands. What surprised Seohyun was that Yoona interlocked their fingers. Sure, Seohyun had held hands with Yoona before, but she's never interlocked her hands with Yoona's soft ones. It sent tingles up her fingers, into her arms, and around her body. Seohyun liked the feeling, but at the same time, disliked it, because she knew that Yoona was only doing this for Yuri.

Yoona, on the other hand, was enjoying the fact that she could be so close to Seohyun and have a reason for it. Yoona had always wanted to be this touchy with Seohyun, but never had the guts to do it, but, since the bet, she now has the 'guts'.

The bell rang right at that time, indicating class was starting. "Yoongie, what are you doing? We have class." Seohyun whispered into Yoona's ear, making the older girl shiver slightly. Yoona shrugged, "Let Yuri be alone, I bet you she will skip class and visit Jessica." Seohyun raised an eyebrow but let Yoona drag her to a different table, far away from Yuri.

Class went by regularly, then Yuri raised her hand, interrupting the teacher's lesson. "Ah, Yes, Yuri?" The teacher answered, looking to Yuri. Yuri stood, "Bathroom, please?" Yoona turned to Seohyun and smirked, while Seohyun just rolled her eyes. "Yes, go ahead." the teacher gestured to the door as Yuri left the room quickly.

"Told you." was all Yoona said before focusing her attention on the teacher again. Seohyun bit her lip, was she going to fall for Yoona as well? No! That can't happen, it'll screw Yoona's plan for Yuri. Seohyun figured she had to keep her feelings to herself. For now.

Yuri knocked on the door of the Jung's resident. "I got it!" she heard a young voice scream from inside, the voice muffled. The door opened and revealed a younger looking Jessica with black hair. "Who are you?" the girl asked coldly. Yuri raised an eyebrow at the girl's similar attitude to Jessica, "I'm Jessica's friend, Yuri." The teenager scoffed, "She has friends?"

"Yah! Krystal Jung!" she heard a hoarse voice. "Kidding, unnie!" Krystal called back in a high pitched voice. "May I visit Jessica?" Krystal opened the door wider, making space for Yuri. "Sure, but I gotta warn you, she looks hideous when she's sick." Yuri nodded, "I'll take note of that."

She knocked on the white door leading to Jessica's room. "Krystal? Is that you? Go away, I don't feel good!" Yuri heard the familiar voice from inside. She chuckled quietly, "No, I'm not Krystal." she stated. Jessica had recognized the slightly husky voice and widened her eyes, "Yuri?" she called. "Yep." 

Jessica pulled the covers over her body, covering her head as Yuri opened the door and peeked in. 
"Don't you have school?" Jessica asked. By the sound of the older girl's voice, Yuri could tell Jessica was sick. "Yea, but I skipped because I heard you were sick." Yuri stated.

Even if it was just for the bet, Jessica's heart felt fuzzy at the thought of someone skipping school for her. Yuri walked over to the girl's bed, sitting at the bedside as she tried to pull the covers from Jessica. Jessica held them tighter, "No." she protested. "Yes." Yuri replied, still pulling the covers. "I look ugly." "You always look beautiful."

Under the covers, Jessica couldn't help but blush at the sudden compliment. She hadn't been complimented much her life, she never thought that she was beautiful, she always thought she was average. Jessica mentally sighed and scolded herself, 'Yuri only said that because she wants to win my heart.' Jessica reminded herself, and soon enough, the warmness on her cheeks went away.

Jessica revealed herself from the covers and Yuri was shocked at how pretty Jessica was, even if she was sick. Jessica raised an eyebrow, seeing how Yuri was staring at her. "Yah, I could see drool." she teased. Yuri moved her hand to , attempting to wipe the 'drool' Jessica was talking about. Jessica giggled as Yuri realized what had happened, blushing. "Hey, that wasn't nice." Yuri pouted. Jessica rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Yuri.

"You're lucky you're sick." Yuri whined. Jessica rolled her eyes yet again, "Yea, like you would do something." Yuri raised her eyebrows, "Wanna bet?" Jessica immediately shook her head, "No thank you." Yuri smiled, "Thought so, anyways, what's wrong with you?" Jessica raised an eyebrow. Yuri realized how rude that sounded, "Oh, I meant what kind of sickness do you have." she quickly corrected herself.

Jessica shrugged, "Sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, the usual." Yuri nodded, "Well, I'll be your personal nurse for the day." "But I'm sleepy." Jessica commented as she yawned fakely. "Then I'll stay here and make sure you're okay." Yuri responded.

Jesssica felt her heart thud loudly in her chest. Was Yuri's niceness genuine? Or was it all the bet? "I'm cold." Jessica stated loudly. Yuri rolled her eyes, "You have a blanket." Jessica smirked inwardly, knowing what she planned on doing. "I'm still cold." "I'll get you another blanket" Yuri stated, getting up from the bed. "No!" Jessica called out.

Yuri raised an eyebrow and sat back down, "Okay.. What do you want me to do?" Jessica smiled cutely and held her arms out for Yuri, "Cuddle with me," Yuri widened her eyes, Jessica smiled, "What? Body heat is good, right? It's not like we are going to do anything."

"Don't you have the cut on your leg?" Yuri asked. Jessica shook her head, "It healed, now come." Jessica ordered, holding her arms out.

'You play with my heart, I'll play with yours.' Jessica thought to herself as Yuri adjusted herself into bed, next to Jessica.

Jessica wrapped her arm around Yuri's waist, and Yuri lay there stiffly, letting the older girl cuddle into her. "Yah, you're so tense, relax." Jessica mumbled into Yuri's shoulder. Yuri slightly loosened up, her arm was slightly against Jessica's chest, so she moved it around Jessica's shoulder. Jessica was surprised, her heart beating fast. She mentally prayed that Yuri couldn't feel her heart thumping loudly. Meanwhile, Yuri mentally prayed that Jessica couldn't hear her heart beating rapidly.

Both girls obviously had feelings for each other, but the bet was going to get in the way of that.