Chapter 15

I Knew

You readers should be proud of me! Got a 100% on a 50 question test, and managing to update daily. :)

Chapter 15

Yuri woke up, not feeling the presence of a certain other person beside her. She opened her eyes and looked on the bed, surprised that it was only her in it. Yuri began to panic until she saw a note on the night stand.

Getting up, she walked over to the note and read it.

Went home early, my mom is worried. Don't worry, my house isn't far from here.

It was obvious it was written by Jessica. Yuri can recognize the curly handwriting from anywhere, it was definitely Jessica. Yuri began to worry, what if Jessica didn't make it home yet?

Taking out her phone, Yuri texted Jessica.

Did you make it home safely?

Jessica, who was right outside her front door received the text and unconsciously smiled as she replied.

Yea, I did.

Yuri's heart felt relieved knowing that Jessica was alright.

Okay, good, but why didn't you let me walk you home? It's not really safe to walk alone. Especially at 5 AM when it's still dark.

Jessica's heart tingled at how caring Yuri was. But then, she frowned, remembering the bet, this was all for the bet. Jessica sighed and ignored the text, placing it back into her pocket as she knocked on the door.

The door was opened immediately by Krystal, who seemed to be in a panic. "Mom is pissed, good luck." Krystal whispered in English before running to her room, closing and locking the door.

Jessica gulped as she went to the kitchen, where she heard her mom mumbling incoherent words to herself. "Mom?" Jessica called out hesitantly. Mrs. Jung turned her body to the sound of the voice, "Jessica Jung Sooyeon!" She screamed. Jessica flinched, "I have a good reason to be out last night!"

Mrs. Jung seemed to calm herself as she sat at the dining table, followed by Jessica who sat across from her, "Explain." Mrs. Jung ordered. "I met dad."

Mrs. Jung froze, "You're kidding, right?" Jessica shook her head, "He's Im Yoona's step father. He remarried to another woman who died in a car crash recently. He's been abusing Yoona to take out his anger. He remembers us. Don't worry, I already gave him a mouthful about us. He won't be near us anymore."

Mrs. Jung was still shocked, "Oh.. Alright. That's a good reason, now, go do what ever you do on weekends." Jessica eyed her mother, "Mom, you alright?" Mrs. Jung nodded, "Im fine, I'm just angry that your father left us for another family." Jessica smiled sadly, "I am too, but don't worry, we had 6 years without him, we can survive." Mrs. Jung smiled at her daughter, "Alright, now go take a nap, I know you want to."

Jessica smiled, "You know me best, mom!" She exclaimed before running to her room, collapsing on the bed before falling asleep peacefully.

Jessica arrived early to school on Monday, wanting to avoid Yuri as she quickly went to her locker, gathered her things, and walked off to class. Jessica took her old seat at the back, not sitting where she would usually sit with Yuri.

Meanwhile, Yuri was walking in the halls with Yoona, when she suddenly stopped walking. Yoona looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "The bet." Yuri said simply, causing Yoona to listen intently, "What about it?" Yuri scoffed, "Exactly, what about it? Any rules? Anything?"

Yoona mentally smiled inwardly, but kept calm and shrugged, "No, just make them fall in love with you." Yuri nodded and continued walking, "So, how are you and Seohyun?" Yuri asked.

At that moment, Seohyun walked out of the office, where they were passing. Yoona ran over and wrapped her arm around Seohyun's waist. Yoona lifted to Seohyun's ear, "Yuri's here." Yoona whispered before kissing Seohyun on the cheek, making it seem like the were a couple.

Yoona felt giddy inside, she finally got the chance to kiss Seohyun! While Seohyun was trying hard not to blush, figuring that Yoona only kissed her because of Yuri. Yuri widened her eyes at the two's actions. 'No way am I going to be Yoona's servant.' Yuri said to herself as she walked to her class, trying to find Jessica.

She saw Jessica at the back of the class. Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and was about to ask Jessica why she was sitting there, when Gyuri hugged Yuri around the neck, resting her body on Yuri's. Yuri unconsciously wrapped her arms around Gyuri's waist, since it was something she was used to.

Jessica happened to looked up at that moment. Her and Yuri's eyes met. Jessica scowled and focused her attention back on her paper, trying hard not to cry because of how hurt she was. 'I shouldn't even be hurt, she isn't my girlfriend. It's a one sided love, that's it.'

Yuri tried to push Gyuri off her, but the girl was clinging onto Yuri. Yuri huffed and looked over at Jessica for help, but the older girl seemed to be interested in the worksheet rather than Yuri. Yoona happened to walk through the door, seeing Yuri with Gyuri, she grit her teeth. 

Yoona looked around for Jessica, and saw her looking- no, GLARING at Yuri and Gyuri. Jessica connected eyes with Yoona, and the blonde girl quickly looked away, focusing on her worksheet. Yoona looked at Yuri, who looked back at the same time. Yoona gestured to Jessica, but Yuri gestured to Gyuri, who wouldn't get off her lap.

Yoona sighed and shook her head, sitting beside her friend, Taeyeon, who looked rather gloomy. Yoona nudged Taeyeon, who jumped, startled as she faced the younger girl, "Huh?" Yoona furrowed her eyebrows, "What's wrong?" She asked, worried about her friend.

Taeyeon sighed and placed her hands on her temples, rubbing them, "I'm an idiot." "Why?" Taeyeon huffed her cheeks, "I've fallen for someone who I shouldn't have fallen for." "Who?" Yoona asked, but she had a feeling of who that someone might be.

At that moment, Tiffany Hwang walked into the room with her boyfriend, Nickhun. Taeyeon huffed and placed her head on the desk. 

"Her"