Chapter 32

I Knew

Chapter 32

Taeyeon walked into class the next day, clutching her bandaged hand. Tiffany watched as Taeyeon bowed and apologized for being late. The professor widened his eyes at Taeyeon's hand, "Omo, Ms. Kim, what happened?" he asked. Taeyeon let out a fake smile and shook her head, "I was being clumsy and dropped a glass plate that managed to cut me."

The professor believed her and nodded, "Alright.." Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was lying. Taeyeon and Tiffany connected eyes accidentally, and Taeyeon noticed the doubt in Tiffany's eyes. Taeyeon glanced down at Tiffany's hand, seeing the engagement ring. Her mood went down even more as she sunk into her seat, holding her wrist as her hand continued to throb.

Taeyeon had punched the mirror using her right hand, which was also the hand she writes with.. The blonde girl struggled to write notes with her injured hand. In the end, Taeyeon placed the pencil onto the desk and huffed in frustration, eyeing her bandaged hand. Yuri and Yoona had taken her to the hospital last night, she got stitches.

Taeyeon stood, "May I be excused to the bathroom?" she asked politely. The teacher nodded, "Be quick." Nodding, Taeyeon left the room. Tiffany was worried that Taeyeon was going to hurt herself again, she got up as well, "Can I go to the bathroom, it's an emergency." The teacher frowned, "Can you hold it--" Tiffany cut him, "It's an emergency." she emphasized. The teacher, thinking that Tiffany had gotten her period, widened his eyes, "Oh, alright."

Tiffany basically ran out the door and to the bathroom. She tried to open the door, to find it was locked. Taeyeon had locked the entrance to the door. "Kim Taeyeon, open this door." Taeyeon, who was silently crying to herself, froze, "Tiffany?" she whispered. "Kim Taeyeon, open." Tiffany repeated.

Taeyeon wiped her tears and unlocked the door, revealing Tiffany. As Taeyeon was about to pass Tiffany, Tiffany grabbed her hand, her injured hand. Taeyeon hissed and Tiffany immediately let her go and grabbed her wrist instead, "Taeyeon." she called out sternly as Taeyeon didn't meet her eyes.

Tiffany noticed the faint trail of tears on Taeyeon's face. "Want to tell me why you're crying?" Tiffany asked, even though she knew the reason. Taeyeon let out a few more tears. Tiffany wanted to hear that Taeyeon loved her.

Taeyeon held Tiffany's hand and led her into the bathroom before closing and locking the door again. Tiffany widened her eyes at Taeyeon's sudden action. Taeyeon let go of Tiffany and ran her hands over her face frustratingly. "Tae?" Tiffany called out gently, trying to walk closer to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stopped her, holding out her hand, "Don't... come any closer." Taeyeon whispered. "Why not?" Tiffany asked. "You're engaged." Taeyeon said, mostly to herself. For some reason, Tiffany felt a pang of guilt. What was there to be guilty of?

"I am.." Tiffany responded lowly. Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany, "I love you." she blurted out. It was now or never, right? Tiffany widened her eyes. Taeyeon sighed, "Actually.. I've loved you since high school.." she whispered, looking down. Taeyeon looked up and met Tiffany's eyes.

"I never told you after that day because.. because... I didn't want to ruin your relationship with Nickhun. You seemed happy, and I didn't want to get my stupid feelings involved because it might screw up your happiness. But.. I guess it's too late now, right?"

Tiffany stayed quiet, she never knew that Taeyeon kept her feelings to herself because she wanted Tiffany to be happy. Once again, a pang of guilt hit Tiffany.

"I knew Nickhun was going to propose to you. Funny thing was, he asked me for advice." Taeyeon admitted. This was new news to Tiffany, since she raised her eyebrows. Taeyeon reached out for Tiffany's hand that had the ring on it, she eyed the familiar silver ring with the pink diamond. "I actually told him to buy this for you." Taeyeon said sadly, caressing the ring as tears continued to flow.

Tiffany bit her lip. Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany and used the back of her hand to wipe her tears. Taeyeon smiled sadly, "You're happy with him, right?" Taeyeon asked. Tiffany didn't know how to answer. "Let me do this just once before I let you go forever." Taeyeon said, confusing Tiffany.

Tiffany was about to respond but then she felt herself gently pinned to the wall, then she felt a pair of soft, warm lips on her own. Tiffany widened her eyes and saw Taeyeon kissing her. Taeyeon didn't move her lips, she just simply placed her lips on Tiffany's before moving away. "Sorry." Taeyeon mumbled.

Tiffany's lips were tingling still after Taeyeon left her lips. Taeyeon reached for the door knob until Tiffany grabbed her hand. Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany with wide eyes, "Fany, what are you--" she was cut off when Tiffany captured Taeyeon's lips with her own.

This time, both girls began to move their lips along with each other, Taeyeon lightly pinned Tiffany to the wall and wrapped her arm around Tiffany's waist while Tiffany wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's neck After realising what was happening, Taeyeon gently pushed Tiffany away, making the younger girl slightly disappointed.

"What are you doing, Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked with a hint of anger in her voice. "Kissing you." Tiffany responded dumbly. Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and held it up to Tiffany's face, showing the ring, "You're engaged!" she stated. The thought hit Tiffany, she cheated on Nickhun. Tiffany gasped, she had cheated on Nickhun.

"Don't do that, Tiffany." Taeyeon said sadly and she walked away from Tiffany. "Do what?" Tiffany asked. "Don't give me a sign that I actually stand a chance against Nickhun, when we both know that I don't. Don't kiss me like that when we both know that you are going to kiss Nickhun again. Don't give me a false hope, Tiffany." Taeyeon said painfully, staring into Tiffany's eyes.

Tiffany stayed quiet. Taeyeon sighed and ran her hand through her hair, "Just.. forget this ever happened, alright?" she said softly. Tiffany frowned, "After we kissed like that, you want me to forget about what happened?" Taeyeon threw her hands up in the air, "What else are we going to do, Tiffany?" she asked. Tiffany didn't reply.

"Let's just.... Aish! I don't know.. just.. just.." Taeyeon stuttered, clutched her hair. "Dammit. Tiffany, this is your fault. You made me like this." Taeyeon blamed. Tiffany scoffed, "Excuse me, I never asked for you to fall in love with me." Taeyeon's heart broke alittle more than it already was, Tiffany regretted her words.

 

"That's right.. You never asked me to fall in love with you.. but fate loves to toy with me because it made me fall in love with you when it knew that I would never actually get you to myself. That's right, Stephanie. Fate chose me to fall in love with you because it loves to see me suffer. Right?" Taeyeon asked, tears flowing.

"Tae.." Tiffany called softly. Taeyeon shook her head, "Don't Tae me, Tiffany. Just forget about all of this. I hope you live a good life with Nickhun. Grow up to be a good mother to the kids you'll have. Don't worry about me. Perhaps I'll find somebody of my own, and I'll move on. Yea.. I'll move on.." Taeyeon replied.

Tiffany suddenly hugged Taeyeon, her body had a mind of it's own.

"Don't move on... I love you too."