Chapter 6

I Knew

Alright, I need to rant really quick, this is stuck in my head. Feel free to skip this part, and I know alot of you will. But my sister called me 'Socially Awkward'. It's funny though, because I'm only 'Socally Awkward' around my family. When I'm around my friends, I'm fine, really. But, whenever my sisters try to hug me or anything, I tense up. Is it really my fault? I was never brought up to hugging and touching each other as affection, so I'm not used to it. I don't like when people touch me, even if it's a simple hug. It makes me uncomfortable. It's not that I don't like the idea of hugs, it's just that I've never grown up around hugs and kisses as affection. Even my best friends know I don't enjoy hugs as much as they do. And, plus, when I want a hug, I never get one, but I guess that's my fault, since I never speak my feelings like I should. Alright, that's all.. Wow, I wrote alot. Sorry for wasting your time! I just needed to post this..

 

Chapter 6

"Oh! Yuri, it was, isn't it?" Jessica's mother asked as she opened the door, greeted by Yuri and Jessica. Yuri smiled and nodded, "It is I." she replied. Mrs. Jung smiled, "Come in, come in." she gestured for the two girls to enter the house. Yuri helped Jessica with the wheel chair into the house, placing the chair in the living room. 

Yuri held Jessica's arm softly, helping her onto the couch. Jessica mumbled a quick, "Thanks." to Yuri, who smiled and nodded, "No problem." Mrs. Jung smiled, "So, Yuri, why did you decide to come here?" Yuri smiled politely, "Actually, Jessica and I are partners for an important project at school." Mrs. Jung widened her eyes, "Woah, jinja?" Yuri nodded. Mrs. Jung turned to Jessica, "Yah, Jung Sooyeon, make sure you work hard for this project. Don't sleep too much like you always do." Jessica pouted, "Hey... I don't sleep that much." Mrs. Jung raised an eyebrow, Jessica coughed, "Okay. Maybe I do.."

Yuri couldn't help but giggle at the mother and daughter relationship between the two. It seemed that Mrs. Jung and Jessica were close to each other, and they were. Mrs. Jung smiled slightly at Yuri's cute giggle, "So, what's the project about?" Jessica sighed, "We have to tell our partner about our 'History'" Mrs. Jung furrowed her eyebrows, "History?" Yuri nodded, "History" "As in.. their lives?" Mrs. Jung asked.

Yuri shrugged, "I guess." Mrs. Jung frowned at this, "So, Jessica will tell you all about her life and what happens?" Yuri shook her head, "She'll only tell me what she wants to tell me, and I won't force her to tell anything she doesn't want to tell." she reassured the worried mother. Mrs. Jung smiled again and nodded, "Thank you, Yuri." Yuri smiled, "No need to thank me, it's what normal people would do."

Jessica was sort of confused about Yuri's kindness. Was Yuri usually this nice to other people? Jessica had heard around school that Yuri had broken lots of peoples hearts without a care. She's heard a rumor that Yuri denied a girl who had actually gotten on her knees, begging for Yuri's love after they had 'done it', and Yuri rejected her. But, it was probably just a rumor, right? And Yuri was only acting this kind because of the bet, right?

Mrs. Jung clapped her hands, "Alright, well I have work in a little bit, I have to head off. Lock the doors and windows I'll be home soon enough." she said as she kissed Jessica's forehead. Jessica smiled softly and Mrs. Jung waved to Yuri, who waved back, before leaving the house.

After Mrs. Jung had left, silence eveloped the two girls. Yuri cleared , "Let's start the project." Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Okay..." "Let's start with favorites." Yuri suggested. Jessica nodded as Yuri began to ask questions.

"Favorite color?" Yuri asked. Jessica immediately answered with a, "White." Yuri raised an eyebrow and wrote it down on a piece of paper, "Okay. Favorite number?" "52." Jessica answered simply. "Isn't that your locker number?" Jessica smiled and nodded, "Yep, lucky for me. -- Wait, how'd you know?" Yuri bit her lip before coming up for a reason, "I sometimes push you to your locker and to class, so I notice." Jessica nodded and Yuri breathed a breath of relief.

"Enough about me, what about you?" Jessica asked, pulling out a piece of paper and a pencil. "What about me?" Yuri replied. Jessica rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean." Yuri chuckled, "Yea yea, no need to get mad." "I'm not mad!" Jessica burst. Yuri laughed out loud, "Yes, obviously you aren't mad." Jessica huffed, "Just tell me about yourself." "Like what?" "Let's skip favorites, it's not that important, tell me about your personal life. Who did you grow up with?" Jessica asked, being straight forward.

'It's only for the project, Yuri' Yuri thought, calming herself. "I grew up with both my parents." "What about now?" Jessica bluntly asked. Yuri bit her lip, "They're... somewhere." Jessica softened her intense gaze, "Somewhere?" Yuri nodded and lowered her head. Jessica immediately changed the topic, seeing how Yuri was acting differently, "Well, I grew up with both my parents too." Jessica stated. 

Yuri looked up and locked eyes with Jessica, who was acting like nothing had happened. She mentally thanked Jessica for ignoring the tough topic of hers. Yuri, who didn't want to be as straight forward as Jessica was, eased into her next question. "I've only met your mother... what.. happened to your dad?" Yuri  asked slowly. 

Jessica sighed, "I don't know." Yuri raised her eyebrow, "You don't know?" Jessica shrugged, "He left when I was 10. It was right before we left the states to go to Korea. He stayed back in the states, but I don't know why. We've never heard from him again." Jessica explained, her tone getting softer.

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows in sympathy, then she decided to tell her part of the story, since Jessica told hers. "I know where my parents are." Jessica looked up, slightly shocked that Yuri wanted to share what happened to her parents, especially after the way Yuri had acted when the question came up.

"They're in jail." Jessica did not expect that, at all. "Jail?" she asked. Yuri nodded, "When I was little..." Yuri began, but then she noticed Jessica wasn't writing any of this down like they were supposed to. Yuri gestured to the paper. Jessica shook her head, "I think this might be too personal to put in the project." Yuri smiled at Jessica's caring side, "Aniyo, it's fine, I won't mind." Jessica bit her lip, "You sure?" Yuri nodded, "Yea." Jessica didn't know why she was being so nice to the younger girl, even when she knows Yuri is in the bet. But, for some reason, she found herself being caring.

"So, as I was saying. When I was little, I grew up with my parents. As I got older, there scoldings changed into punishments, physical punishments." Yuri's eyes began to tear up, and Jessica frowned at the sight. Yuri sniffed slightly, "When I was 8, they gave me my first real beating, I've gotten bruises and cuts, from my dad's slapping and my mom's scratching. I don't know why they were so abusive to me, but it most likely had something to do with the strong alcohol smell that came off of them."

Now, Jessica completely forgot about the paper, as she set the pencil down and fully turned to Yuri, who had her head down. "I begged them to stop, but they didn't. They had yelled at me more, telling me to be stronger." Jessica bit her lip, seeing the tears fall down Yuri's face.

"My uncle found out when I was 14, and called the police on them." Yuri was struggling to say words, as she was now crying. She mentally scolded herself for being so weak in front of Jessica, but the topic was very sensitive to her.

She grew up, trusting her parents so much, it hurt when they betrayed her for alcohol. "I know it's bad. But I miss them. It's the alcohol's fault, not them. They still have 3 years until they are released." Yuri cried.

"I---" Yuri was cut off when Jessica hugged the crying girl suddenly. Yuri, who was taken aback, returned the hug and began to silently cry on Jessica's shoulder. Jessica rubbed Yuri's back, "You didn't have to tell me that much." Jessica said softly. Yuri sniffed, "It's for our project, isn't it? Plus, I think we would get a good grade for my story." Yuri tried to joke, but Jessica frowned and pulled out from the hug, placing her hands on Yuri's shoulder, "We are not putting that in the project." Yuri frowned, still with tears on her face, "Why?"

Jessica saw the tears still falling down Yuri's face, and it was distracting her. So, she brought her hands up and wiped the tears away with her thumb. Yuri was surprised at how cold the girl's hands were while they wiped her tears away, and Yuri  felt slightly embarassed, but didn't show it. Jessica immediately realized what she was doing and pulled her hands away, before clearing .

"We are not putting that in the project. It's waay to personal. And, I don't think you would enjoy having that information out." Yuri shrugged, "I don't care." Jessica glared at Yuri, and Yuri immediately looked away, "Fine, we won't put it in the project.

Jessica smiled.

"Good."

:P Okay, so, that's the first part of there meeting for the project! So, I bet alot of you thought that Yuri's parents were dead, nope, they're in jail. I thought I should twist it up a bit. Hehe. Oh, and I'll try to put some YoonHyun and TaeNy 'action' in the next chapter. I'll probably forget...