Chapter 31

I Knew

Chapter 31

"You're leaving to the states?" Taeyeon asked as she sat besides Yuri on the rooftop. Yuri nodded and looked over the horizon, "Yea. I'm going to see Jessica." Taeyeon widened her eyes, "You got in touch with her?" Yuri nodded, "Yep. Turns out she decided to throw her phone against the wall instead of charging it." Yuri ended her statement with a giggle at her silly girlfriend.

Taeyeon smiled and shook her head, "That's the Jessica we know." she commented, making Yuri nod in agreement. Yuri slowly let her smile fade away as she looked down at Taeyeon. Taeyeon sighed, knowing what she was going to ask. "I'm fine, Yuri." Taeyeon stated the obvious lie.

Yuri frowned, "Stop lying to yourself, you're not fine, Taeyeon. Are you just going to let yourselve live with the weight of Tiffany's love?" Taeyeon nodded once, "Yes. I am." Yoona, who just got to the roof, went to the other side of Taeyeon and smacked her head, "Wrong answer, pabo."

Taeyeon rubbed her head, "Yah.." she called weakly. Yoona and Yuri frowned at their heartbroken friend. Both girls were surprised when they saw the tears in Taeyeon's eyes. "What do you expect me to do? Confess my love for her and mess up her perfect little relationship with Nickhun? I don't think so." Taeyeon sniffed.

Yuri and Yoona wrapped their arm around Taeyeon's shoulders, both comforting their friend. Taeyeon continued to talk, "It's not easy. Yoona has Seohyun and Yuri has Jessica. Who do I have? No one." Yoona and Yuri kept quiet, wanting to let Taeyeon vent out her feelings.

"Even if I do have someone, I wouldn't give all of my love to them because of my lingering feelings of a certain red head who is getting engaged soon." Taeyeon said bitterly, letting the tears fall and trail down her face. Pretty soon, Yuri and Yoona's eyes got watery as well. Yuri was getting teary eyed because she knew the feeling of being broken hearted while Yoona got tears in her eyes because she cares for the people she loves.

"I'd rather let her be and not confess. I'd rather let her be happy with the person she actually loves instead of ruining her relationship with my selfish needs." Taeyeon stated quietly. Yuri and Yoona both hugged Taeyeon at the same time, burying their heads into Taeyeon's shoulders. Taeyeon finally broke down, letting out a sob as both of her friends comforted her.

"You're not selfish, Taeng." Yuri said softly as she rubbed Taeyeon's back. Yoona used her free hand to wipe Taeyeon's tears. Yoona didn't know what to say, she was afraid that if she did say something, it might hurt Taeyeon.

Taeyeon glanced at both of her friends and noticed the tears on their faces. She felt guilty. "Yah... stop crying.. I'm the one that's supposed to be crying, not you.." Taeyeon joked lightly. Yoona and Yuri smiled softly but continued to release the tears. Yoona punched Taeyeon's arm lightly, "We have a reason to be crying."

Taeyeon shook her head, "No you don't." Yoona smacked Taeyeon's thigh, "Yes we do. It's you." Taeyeon lowered her head, "See? I am selfish, I made you two cry." This time, Yuri hit Taeyeon's head softly, "Stop blaming yourself, Taeyeon." she said sternly.

"But I'm the one to blame." Taeyeon said as the tears fell silently. "Kim Taeyeon. I will smack the hell out of you until you stop blaming yourself." Yuri warned. Taeyeon laughed with no emotion, "Good. It might turn out well. It's better to recieve physical pain than all of this emotional pain."

Yuri and Yoona shared worried glances, they were both thinking the same thing. What if Taeyeon resulted into self harm to forget about Tiffany?

"Did you ever try telling Tiffany?" Yuri asked. Taeyeon shook her head, "Not after the first.. but she never mentioned it again. I gave little hints, but she never noticed." Yuri sighed, "Maybe.. if you confess to her... you might be able to get over her."

"That's ridiculous." Taeyeon commented. Yoona shrugged, "It might work.." Taeyeon immediately disagreed and shook her head, "I'm not doing it. I'm not going to ruin her relationship because of my feelings. I'm not going to. I'd rather suffer in pain than have her suffer."

This was one of the many reasons why Yoona looked up to Taeyeon as a role model. Taeyeon always put her loved ones first before her. Yoona sighed, "If that's what you want.." Yuri widened her eyes at Yoona, "Yoona!" she exclaimed.

Taeyeon smiled at Yoona and nodded, "It's alright, Yuri. I'll get over her eventually, right?" The door to the roof opened, revealing Nickhun and Tiffany. Yoona and Yuri felt Taeyeon tense up. The three girls immediately stood up. "Tae?" Tiffany called out.

Yoona and Yuri noticed the forced smile that came out of Taeyeon. "Why are you crying, are you okay?" Tiffany asked worrily. Taeyeon hastily wiped the tears and nodded, "Dae, I'm fine. I have to get going now." she said before slipping past the couple and basically running away.

Yoona ran aftter Taeyeon after giving a slight nod to the couple. Yuri, on the other hand, completely ignored the two. Tiffany grabbed Yuri's hand, making the tan girl look at her. Tiffany was surprised to see hatred in Yuri's eyes, "What?" Yuri asked. "Is Taeyeon okay?" Tiffany said in a steady voice.

Yuri gritted her teeth, "Why don't you find out yourself." She said coldly before pulling away from Tiffany and running to catch up with Yoona and Taeyeon. Tiffany glanced at Nickhun, as if to ask permission to follow. Nickhun nodded and gave a quick kiss to Tiffany's lips, "I'll stay here, don't take too long." Tiffany smiled gratefully and walked down the stairs, trying to find the trio.

Tiffany walked past the bathroom until she heard sobs. She paused and lightly pressed her ear against the bathroom door. The familiar voice filled her ears, but it sounded.. broken. "How come it hurts every single damn time I see her with him?" the voice asked painfully. A loud crash was heard before, "Taeyeon!"

Tiffany widened her eyes and tried to open the bathroom door, but it was locked. "Dammit, Taeyeon. I understand you're heartbroken, but don't hurt yourself over it. You freaking broke the mirror!" Yuri called out. Tiffany continued to listen as her heart raced.

The sound of an emotionless and bitterful laugh filled the red head's ear, "What's the difference? Emotional pain, physical pain, they are the same, aren't they?" Tiffany's eyes stung, what was Taeyeon talking about?

"Taeyeon.." the voice called out softly. It was Yoona. "Don't hurt yourself over Tiffany.. come on, buddy." Tiffany widened her eyes as her name was called. Taeyeon was like this because of her? Words that Taeyeon said to her began to fill Tiffany's mind.

 "You're so god damn dense, you know that?"

"You would've never guessed that you were the 'girl' I had a crush on, right?"

"It's my fault for being an idiot and falling in love with someone who's already taken. Someone who's the same gender as me, I'm an idiot."

"Look, just... ignore me, avoid me, do anything so I won't fall for you more."

The memory of Taeyeon kissing her cheek flooded Tiffany's mind.

Tiffany gasped lightly at the contact, but wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's shoulders, returning the hug. Taeyeon couldn't help but kiss Tiffany's cheek as she pulled out from the hug, "Thanks for letting me fall in love while it lasted." she whispered as she quickly ran away, the tears threatening to spill.

 

Tiffany didn't know why, but she cried. She was the reason behind Taeyeon's hurt. She was the reason why Taeyeon was suffering, the reason why she was in pain 24/7. Tiffany quickly glanced down at her hand.

 

The engagement ring.

 

Tiffany had said yes.