Chapter 11

I Knew

Chapter 11

After realizing it was his real daughter, Mr. Im passed out. All eyes were on Jessica, who began tearing up. "He's your dad?" Yuri asked with a hint of anger in her voice. Jessica nodded once, "Yes." Yuri clenched her fist, "So, your dad was the one to beat Yoona for 6 years?" Jessica nodded again, "I guess." "And he left your family to be with Yoona's?" Jessica nodded for the third time.

Yoona could sense that Yuri was losing her cool, so she eyed Yuri, waiting for Yuri to make eye contact with her. Yuri's eyes connected with Yoona's, "Calm down." Yoona mouthed. Yuri nodded solemnly and began to take deep breaths as she stared at the passed out Mr. Im. Or was it Mr. Jung?

"Jessica, he left your family before you left the states, right?" Yuri asked, recalling what Jessica had told her before. "Yea, I had no idea what happened to him after that." Yuri looked between Yoona and Jessica, "So, you guys are sisters?" Jessica widened her eyes, 'Not another little sibling! Krystal is enough for me!' she thought to herself.

Jessica shrugged, "I guess, but we aren't blood related." Suddenly Jessica gasped, remembering the memory of her and Yoona as kids. She pointed to the doe-eyed girl, "You were crayon girl!" Jessica exclaimed. Yuri furrowed her eyebrows while Yoona gasped, "Oh my gosh! You were the girl who scared the bullies off!" Yuri threw her hands in the air out of confusion and frustration, "Someone explain to me, please!"

Jessica rolled her eyes, "I remember when I was in 4th grade, there was this younger girl who told us she was visiting for a couple weeks, then going back to Korea." Yoona continued the story, "Yea, anyways, I had brought a large case of crayons, I brought it with me everywhere, why? Because my real dad gave it to me." Jessica nodded, "I never really talked to Yoona, she would always be tidying up her crayon box, but one day at the playground she was sitting on the grass when a couple of girls went up to her." 

Yoona sighed, "They took my crayons and yelled at me for being so clean. Then they proceeded to break all of my crayons." Yuri interrupted, "Wait, where were the teachers?" Jessica rolled her eyes, "Yoona decided to pick the worst spot to sit down, behind the playground where teachers couldn't see her." Yoona blushed slightly but then coughed, "Let's continue the story."

"So, they were breaking all my crayons and I tried to get them back before they broke all of them. One of the girls were going to break my favorite crayon, a light blue crayon mixed with dark blue. It was a brand new crayon, I've never used it because it was my favorite color, along with my dad's, who was currently in the army." Jessica nodded, "I've heard her talk to the crayon, pretending it was her dad." Yoona's cheek turned pink, "It was the only way I could communicate with him." Yuri and Jessica smiled at the younger girl.

Jessica continued the story, "I heard yelling and a little bit of crying, I was guessing it was only some kids playing around roughly and one of them got hurt. But still, I went to investigate. At the back of the playground I saw the new girl and her crayons were being broken by some other girls. I was watching to see what would happen, but that was when one of the girls took out a brand new blue crayon. It looked pretty, and it probably ment alot to the new girl, because she began to cry when they were teasing her with the crayon, pretending to break it, but then stopping."

Jessica took a deep breath before continuing, "So, I ran over, and trust me, I never run. For anything. But I ran over. And, during that time, most kids were scared of me. I had no idea why, I was just a regular girl." Yoona scoffed out loud, "A regular girl? You scared the hell out of me." Yuri glared at Yoona for her language, Yoona shrugged in response, "What? I'm only a year younger than you." Yuri rolled her eyes, then turned back to Jessica, "Continue."

"Ok, so, when I walked over, the girls saw me and dropped the crayons before running away. Yoona had began to pick up all the pieces, and I helped her. I found the blue crayon that she was crying over, I handed it over to Yoona, who smiled with tears in her eyes." Yoona smiled at the memory, "I wasn't very good in English back then, heck, I'm still not good now, but thankfully Jessica knew Korean. We became best friends for the 2 weeks I was there, then when I left I saw a man coming with us. It was Jessica's dad, I guess."

Jessica sighed, "He helped us pack, but he packed his stuff seperately than ours. I was guessing that he was going to take a seperate plane because the first plane was full, but I guess not. I never got the chance to say bye to Yoona before leaving for Korea. But now, we are here."

Yuri had her jaw open slightly at the story, "So, what now?" Jessica shrugged then she pointed to the passed out man in the seat, "Wait for him to wake up." "What should we do until then?" Yoona asked.

"Well, Jessica and I could work on our project." Yuri suggested. Yoona pouted, "What about me?" Jessica pointed to Mr. Im/Jung, "Take care of your father." "Our father" Yoona corrected. Jessica rolled her eyes, "Yes, take care of our father, little sister."

"Okay, unniee~" Yoona called out in a ridiculously high tone. Jessica groaned, "You sound exactly like Krystal." she mumbled, but Yuri heard it and laughed out loud. "Wait, we don't even need to do the project, we have enough information about each other, right?" Yuri pointed out. Jessica raised an eyebrow, "We have very personal information about each other."

Yuri sighed, "Well, what could we do then?" "Favorite color, favorite food, favorite things I guess." Jessica suggested. "Can't we put that Jessica and I are long lost step-sisters?" Yoona came out of nowhere with an idea. Yuri clapped her hands, "Yes! Can we? We will get a good grade!" Jessica sighed, "I guess we can."

Yuri highfived Yoona. Jessica rolled her eyes at the two younger girl's actions, but she smiled alittle as Yoona and Yuri began to scribble things down on a piece of paper about their lives. Jessica made a mental note in her head to rewrite the project to make it cleaner.

Jessica heard a groan and turned her head to the side to see her dad waking up. "Girls, he's awake."

The three girls sat themselves across from Mr. Im/Jung, while he woke up, "What happened?" he asked, rubbing his aching head. "You passed out." he heard the familiar voice. Mr. Im/Jung looked up and saw three girls sitting in front of him, Yuri, Yoona, and Jessica. Wait, Jessica?! He widened his eyes once he saw his real daughter sitting in front of him with a cold expression. "Jessica?" Yuri widened her eyes once she saw Mr. Im/Jung was about to faint, "Wait! Don't pass out! We need answers!" Yuri pleaded, shaking her head.

Mr. Im/Jung sat up straighter, shaking the feeling of a hang over away, "Okay, what?" "Why'd you leave us?" Jessica asked coldly and bluntly. Yuri shook her head at Jessica's straight forwardness. Mr. Im/Jung was taken aback by his daughter's attitude to him, "I met Yoona's mother."

Now it was Yoona's turn to ask the question, "Did you know my real dad was in the military? My mother went behind his back for you, while he was suffering, mentally and physically. Mentally, he was suffering because he was worried if his wife and daughter were okay, while my mom was ing someone behind his back. This 'someone' happened to be a man who had three girls back at his home to take care of. Two daughters and a wife. I think you and my mother were both a good match for each other, want to know why? Because you can both people behind your spouse's back without feeling guilty. I must give you props though, because you had the courage to leave behind your 10 year old daughter, who probably looked up to you. You left your 7 year old daughter, who wanted a father to protect her from monsters under her bed, but in reality, her father was the monster instead."

Yoona's eyes began to let out tears as she spoke her speech. Jessica also began to cry silently, when she was little she did look up to her father. Krystal was scared of the 'monsters' under her bed. Yuri, who was sitting in between the two girls, pulled both of them into a hug with her arms. One arm wrapped around Jessica's waist while the other wrapped around Yoona's shoulder. Yuri let the two girls cry on her shoulder. Jessica hugged Yuri's waist as she let her feelings out while Yoona squeezed Yuri's arm as she cried.

Yuri stared at Mr. Im/Jung who was staring blanky, awed by Yoona's words. Was he really a monster? Yuri glared at the man, he had managed to make both girls struggle. "You're pathetic." Yuri mouthed. Mr. Im/Jung noticed it, he nodded weakly, "I am." he mouthed back. Yuri clenched her jaw as she heard a sob come from Jessica.

Yuri wanted to kill Mr. Im/Jung. Why?

He made the two most important girls in her life cry.

Omo! Did you guys and girls see the new SNSD MV for Love&Girls? It's so colorful and pretty! The dance is cute too. Anyways, thanks for reading!

<3