Chapter 23

I Knew

Everything is fine now. Back to normal life. The thing that pisses me off is that my dad acted like nothing happened. He didn't apologize to my mom either.

 

Chapter 23

Yuri froze, but Jessica just turned, "Is that really important right now?" she asked bitterly. Mrs. Kwon frowned, "She's our daughter, of course it's important to know if she's in love." Jessica clenched her jaw, "She's your daughter, who you beat. Before thinking it's important to know if she's in love, think about if it's important to heal her wounds."

Mrs. Kwon was left speechless. Mr. Kwon couldn't control his anger, "You're seriously dating her?" he asked, gesturing to Jessica with a disgusted voice. Yuri didn't like the way he talked about Jessica as if she were the most horrible thing.

Standing up for her girlfriend, Yuri wrapped her arm around Jessica's waist, "Yes. I am seriously dating her." she said in the same voice as her father, raising an eyebrow at him, as if to challenge her love. "What happened to Victoria?"

Yuri flinched at the name. Jessica frowned and wrapped her arm around Yuri's waist as well, "Doesn't he know?" Yuri shook her head sadly as the tears returned. Mr. Kwon's lips curved down and his forehead creased, "Know about what?" 

"Victoria died."

Mr. Kwon was left with his mouth slightly open. Mr. Im/Jung was totally lost, "What?" "Nothing." Jessica snapped. Yuri massaged Jessica's waist, telling her to calm down. Jessica took deep breaths before she does something she'll regret.

After a moment of silence, Jessica cleared , "We'll be going now." "Where?" Her father asked. Jessica rolled her eyes, "Where do you think?" Yuri nudged Jessica. Yuri understood that Jessica didn't like Mr.Jung/Im, heck, even Yuri herself didn't like the guy, but he was still her father and should be treated with at least some respect.

Jessica sighed, "We're going home." Mrs. Kwon stepped up, "What do you mean, we're?" "As in Yuri and I.." Jessica responded. "Yuri's staying here with us." Mr. Kwon said. Jessica eyed Yuri and it looked almost as if Yuri wanted to stay with her parents.

Jessica sighed, "If you want to stay you can stay. I'll walk home, bye." Jessica said in a monotone before walking out the kitchen. It took Yuri a couple seconds to realize what was happening before she ran out the kitchen, catching up with Jessica and hugging her from behind, wrapping her arms around Jessica's waist.

Jessica stiffened up before relaxing into Yuri's familiar embrace. "I'll go with you." Yuri said before kissing Jessica's cheek from behind and holding her hand. Jessica let out a small smile as they left the house, walking to Jessica's home.

Mr. Im/Jung stood awkwardly, he cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, "I guess I'll be going.." As he was about to walk out, the Kwons called him. "Dae?" he replied, looking back. "Thank you." Mrs. Kwon said softly. Mr. Im/Jung smiled and nodded, "No problem.."

Mr. Im/Jung walked home with his head down. Was it really worth leaving his wife and his two daughter's to be with someone who already had a husband who was in the army? Did he really think he was going to earn anything out of it? Mr. Im/Jung entered the house and saw Yoona on the couch, sleeping in an awkard position.

He saw the bruises on her face. He frowned because he knew that he was the person who caused those wounds on her face. Grabbing a pillow, he lifted Yoona's head gently and placed it under her neck, making her more comfy. He took an extra blanket from his room and brought it out. He gently tucked Yoona in.

Softly, he placed his lips on Yoona's forehead in a fatherly way. "Mianhe." he whispered as his lips lingered on his daughter's skin. 

He pulled away and headed to bed.

The whole time, Yoona was awake. She was afraid that if she was awake, her father would beat her. But he did the exact opposite.

Yoona sat up as tears escaped her eyes.

She was touched by her father. Not once had he ever noticed Yoona before without beating her. Not once did he ever place a pillow under her. Nor did he ever tuck her into the blanket. Not once did he ever kiss her.

Not once did he ever care.

Yoona wiped the tears using her palm. She sniffed and turned her body, staring at her father's bedroom door which was now closed, her dad sleeping on the opposite side.

"I forgive you.."