Chapter 4

I Knew

Chapter 4

"YAH! Kwon Yuri!" Yoona yelled, stomping down the hallway, seeing the familiar tan girl kissing a girl in the halls. Yuri pulled out from the kiss and groaned, knowing she had been caught by Yoona. Yoona grabbed Yuri's ear and began to pull on it, dragging Yuri away from the breathless girl who was leaning on the wall. Before leaving the girl, Yuri winked, "Call me."

Yoona pinched Yuri's ear, causing the older girl to yell out in pain as Yoona dragged the tan girl away. They reached the roof of the building when Yoona let go of Yuri's ear, which was now red. Yoona felt guiltly, seeing that Yuri's ear was the same color as a tomato, so, she gently rubbed the ear, making Yuri feel better. "Sorry." Yoona muttered. Yuri smiled and patted the younger girl on the head, "No problem, but why the hell did you drag me away from her? I was having fun."

Yoona frowned, and Yuri mentally prayed for herself, knowing that Yoona was going to give her a long speech about being a player and how it's bad for you, but, instead, Yoona sighed. Yuri raised an eyebrow, "You're not going to scold me?" Yoona huffed her cheeks, if she wants Yuri to realize her feelings, she needs to let Yuri take care of things by herself. Yoona shook her head, "Nope, but at this rate, it seems you are going to be my servant for a year."

Yuri widened her eyes, "Wait... what?" Yoona smirked, knowing she had found a way to keep Yuri on track, "That's right. I'm already friends with Seohyun, and what about you?" Yuri bit her lip, "Well... I'm kind of.. Jessica's friend." Yoona raised an eyebrow, "Kind of?" Yuri nodded, "I helped her to the nurse.." Yoona laughed out loud, "That's not being a friend, that's called being normal."

Yuri pouted, "Then, how do I get her to become my friend?" she asked. Yoona smiled widely and winked, "That's for me to know and for you to find out." she said as she left Yuri on the roof, alone. After realizing what Yoona had said, Yuri turned her head to the door, "Yah!" she yelled. Yoona heard it, and laughed loudly at the bottom of the stairs. Yuri sighed and sat down randomly on the roof, "How am I going to become friends with her?"

Meanwhile, when Yoona had went down the stairs, she spotted a familiar blonde hair girl in the wheel chair, struggling to push herself along. Yoona walked over in amusement, seeing Jessica just give up and slump into the chair, "Having trouble?" Yoona ask. Jessica sat up, startled at the voice and looked up, seeing the girl who had given her paper towels the other day for her leg.

"Ah, mianhe if I startled you, but it seems like you are having trouble." Yoona apologized, gesturing to the wheelchair. Jessica smiled, "It's alright, er.." she trailed off, not knowing Yoona's name. Yoona couldn't believe Jessica didn't know her name, but she didn't make a big deal out of it. So, Yoona smiled, "I'm Yoona, Im Yoona." Jessica smiled slightly, curving her lips, but not showing any teeth, "I'm Jessica. Jessica Jung."

Yoona pretended not to know anything as she smiled, "American?" she asked. Jessica nodded. "Born and raised since 11." she replied proudly. For some reason, Jessica felt comfortable with Yoona, as if they were long lost friends or something. Yoona nodded, "I've been there before." Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Really?" Yoona nodded, "I was really little though."

Yuri, who had walked down the roof, spotted the two chatting, Jessica in the wheel chair, and Yoona leaning on the wall. Yuri walked over and interrupted their conversatoin, "Hey Yoongie." Yuri replied casually, leaning on the wall beside Yoona. Yoona nodded her head to Yuri, "Hey Yul." Yuri pretended to just notice Jessica, "Oh! Hey Jessica, how's the wheel chair going for you?" Yuri asked.

Yoona inwardly smiled, Yuri was actually trying to have a conversation with a girl instead of pouncing on the girl and making out with them. Jessica glanced down at the stupid, mechanical contraption with wheels. Jessica pouted, making the two other girls curl their toes up in response, the cuteness was unbearable. "The wheels keep getting stuck on nothing when I try to push myself, and I don't know how I'll survive going home, I have to walk."

Yoona pretended to volunteer, knowing Yuri was going to stop her. Yoona was right, because as she stepped up, Yuri pulled her back by the wrist and stepped up herself, "I'll walk-- er, I mean push, you back home." Yuri suggested. Jessica shook her head, "No, it's o--" Yuri held the handles of Jessica's wheel chair, "Nonsense, plus I need the exercise."

Yoona scoffed, "Isn't having enough exercise for you?" Yuri mentally facepalmed Yoona's inappropiate comment, but ignored her. Meanwhile, Jessica felt slightly uncomfortable, did Yuri have that much? But, why did it bother her so much? It shouldn't bother her this much, I mean, they aren't even dating, right? Right?

Yuri coughed slightly, "Well, we'll be off, Yoong, you're not staying over again, right?" Yoona shook her head, "Nah, I'm good, my dad isn't home anymore." Yuri nodded, and Jessica looked at the two oddly. Her dad?

Yuri pushed Jessica out the building, holding securely onto the wheel chair as she pushed it down the stairs slowly. Jessica gave Yuri directions to her house, and finally, they reached the medium-sized house that was a manilla color. Yuri smiled, seeing that Jessica's house only had one step of stair, so she pushed the wheel chair up. Yuri knocked on the door, and a middle-aged woman opened the door.

"Omo! Sooyeon! What happened? Was it your cut? Was it really that bad? Do you need stitches?" Yuri watched in amusement, seeing the concerned woman. But, the name she had called Jessica caught her attention. Sooyeon? Was that her Korean name? It was.. pretty.

Jessica sighed, "Mom." she called, but her mother kept asking questions. "Mom." she said louder, but in turn, her mother turned her volume up and continued the questions. "Mom!" Jessica yelled, catching her mother's attention. Jessica sighed, "Mom, I'm fine, the nurse just wants me to be in the wheel chair to stop my cut from opening further." Her mother sighed, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you might need stitches." Jessica shook her head, "No stitches, but I need to change the bandage and be in the wheel chair with limited walking."

It was then that Jessica's mom noticed Yuri, "Oh! Did you push Jessica all the way here? Omo, she weighs alot, doesn't she? Your arms must hurt." "Yah! Mom! I do not weigh alot!" Jessica complained. Yuri chuckled, "Aniyo, Jessica is light as a feather." Was that considered a compliment? Even if it wasn't, Jessica cheeks turned slightly pink. 'Aish, why am I blushing?' Jessica thought to herself. "I'm Kwon Yuri." Yuri introduced, bowing. Mrs. Jung smiled, "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

Yuri checked the time on her phone and saw that it was getting late, "Uhm, aniyo, I should be getting home, it's getting late, I wouldn't want my parents to worry." Mrs. Jung nodded, "Alright, but you are welcome anytime in this home for helping our little girl." "Little?" Jessica asked, but in the end was ignored.

Yuri nodded and smiled, "Thank you, I'll visit sometime." Jessica mentally scoffed, 'Yea, you'll visit for the bet, and nothing more' she thought. After Yuri left, Mrs. Jung helped Jessica in the house, "Yuri seems nice." Jessica stayed silent, 'Nice? Having with random people, that's considered nice? Hmm, I never knew that.'

Laying in bed, Jessica let her leg lay straight, not bending it at all as she didn't want to reopen the cut like she had this morning. She huffed her cheeks, wondering if Yuri will seriously suceed in the bet. She shook her head, 'No, I will not let Yuri win.' she thought confidently to herself. After thinking for a while, she came up with a plan.

'In the end, I'll make Yuri fall for me instead of me falling for her.' Jessica smiled at her smart idea, 'Aish, Jessica Sooyeon Jung, why are you so smart?" she complimented herself.

'Watch out, Kwon Yuri, because I'll reverse the game on you.'