Chapter 22

I Knew

I am really sorry for not updating yesterday! I had some family stuff. This weekend I will be busy, but I'll try to update!

Chapter 22

Yuri was still in her state of shock. Jessica, ignoring how her father was standing next to Yuri's parents, squeezed Yuri's hand, bringing the younger girl out of her trance. Yuri put on a scared, threatened face. Jessica frowned, seeing Yuri like that. 

Yuri looked like a scared, lost puppy who can't find it's mother. "Hey, Yuri-ah.." Her mother called softly, yet her voice was raspy. The older woman tried to walk towards Yuri, but Yuri was too shocked to move away.

Instead, Jessica stood in front of Yuri and made the younger girl take a step back, "Don't." Jessica said in a threatening tone. Mrs. Kwon widened her eyes at the blonde girl in front of her, "Who are you to tell me what to do?"

Jessica just glared at the older woman, still holding Yuri's hand. Mrs. Kwon couldn't help but feel intimidated by the younger girl. Jessica snapped her head towards her father, "And why are you here?" She asked in a bitter tone.

Mr. Jung/Im couldn't believe he was seeing his daughter again. He never knew she had known Yuri. "I.. I bailed them out." 

After hearing those words, Jessica clenched her teeth. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon were the reason for Yuri's suffering, the reason she cried, the reason she was hurt.

The reason why Yuri didn't feel loved.

With clenched teeth, Jessica spoke, "And.. Why the hell would you do that?" She asked. Mr. Im/Jung gulped, he never knew he had a daughter that was this scary. "I.. Owe them.."

Jessica glared at her father, not caring if it was her blood related father, she suddenly hated his guts. "Why do you owe them?"

The whole time, Yuri and her parents kept quiet. Yuri had lowered her head and was staring at the kitchen tiles, while her parents just stared at their daughter.

"Why?" Jessica asked bitterly.

 

"Because.. They paid for your mother's medical bill..." 

 

Jessica widened her eyes, "What?"

 

Yuri also looked up. Jessica turned her head slightly and shared a glance with Yuri before turning back to her father. "What medical bill?" 

"Your mother almost didn't make it giving birth to you." Her father began. Jessica gasped, she never heard this before.

"We didn't have enough money to pay the bill, I even begged the doctors to save her. But, they were too damn selfish and needy to save her, all they wanted was money." Her father said rather bitterly, remembering how he had actually gotten on his knees and begged.

Now, it was Jessica's turn to get shocked. Mrs. Kwon joined in the conversation.

"At the time, we had taken Yuri to the hospital because.." She trailed off. Jessica hardened her glare to Mrs. Kwon. Mrs. Kwon cleared , "Anyways.. We saw your father begging, pleading, but the doctors wouldn't go through with the operation. And.. At the time.. We felt incredibly guilty. So, we decided to pay the bill."

Mr. Jung/Im nodded, "I was surprised when total stranger paid the bill. We exchanged numbers, and they told me that I owed them. So, they called me today and asked me to bail them out."

Yuri finally decided to talk, "Why today? Why not the day you got arrested?"

"Your father wanted to call when we were put in the cell, but I stopped him." Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?" She asked, moving up so she was standing beside Jessica.

Mr. Kwon spoke for the first time, "Because, your mother thought it was a good idea to spend some time in jail. To make up our wrong doings."

This triggered anger in Jessica, "To make up for your wrong doings? What kind of bull is that? Because going to jail will erase all of Yuri's memories about what you did to her? Will that happen just because you went to jail?!" Jessica exploded in anger.

Yuri let go of Jessica's hand and wrapped her arm around Jessica's waist, "Jessica.. Calm down." Yuri soothed the angry Jessica.

Jessica turned her head, and Yuri was shocked at how angry Jessica looked, but immediately, the blonde girl softened her gaze, seeing her lover. "Sorry, Yuri, it just.." Jessica trailed off.

Yuri smiled softly, seeing how much Jessica cared for her.

Meanwhile, the adults looked at the two oddly. The gestures and expressions were familiar to them. Were the girls dating?

Yuri turned back to her parents, "So, you stayed there to make up for your 'wrong doings?'" She asked, almost as if she were amused. The scared Yuri was no longer there. Yuri had gained courage having Jessica beside her.

"Yes.. During out time, your father was given some rehab for his drinking problem.. And.. We learned that beating our one and only daughter isn't the way to scold them. Mianhe, Yuri." 

The whole time, Jessica was glaring at her father. Mr. Im/Jung felt his daughter's stare on him. "What?" He asked, uncomfortable.

"Did you hear that, 'dad'?" Jessica asked. "Beating isn't the way to scold." Jessica stated, remembering how Yuri told her that he beat Yoona.

Mr. Im/Jung looked away. "Coward." Jessica mumbled. Yuri squeezed Jessica's waist slightly, making the older girl look at her.

"He's still your father." Yuri said softly, staring into Jessica's eyes. Mr. Im/Jung looked at Yuri, surprised that she was standing up for him.

"Father my , he left my family for some !" Jessica snapped.

Yuri's face hardened, "She wasn't a ." Jessica noticed this and immediately stopped being angry. "Mianhe, Yuri-ah. I was angry.." She said softly.

The adults widened their eyes, seeing how Jessica's expression immediately changed upon seeing Yuri get angry. Mr. And Mrs. Kwon shared eye contact before turning to Jessica and Yuri.

 

"You girls are in love, aren't you?"