Chapter 3

I Knew

 

WAH! 9 votes already? Sheesh, I only updated the second chapter!
But THANK YOU!
<3
Chapter 3
 
Jessica carefully limped her way to her locker, ignoring the stares from the students who were curious about what happened to her bandaged leg. The students who were in Jessica's gym class and who had saw what happened, began to laugh and point. Did Jessica care? Of course not.
 
Gathering her things with her arms, she closed her locker and trudged to the first class of the day, Math. She huffed, jumping alittle so she could carry her books easier. After finally making it to the class she took a seat slowly, careful not to bend her knee, which was where the cut was located. A hiss came out of as soon as she sat, her knee bent slightly. Jessica clenched her teeth as the pain came back. The cut had re-opened and was bleeding again.
 
"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.." Jessica mumbled continously under her breath as she felt the bandage get soaked with the red liquid coming from her body. The teacher furrowed his eyebrows at Jessica's weird behavior, "Jessica, you alright?" Everyone turned to look at Jessica.
 
Jessica managed to nod as she clenched her fists, "Just peachy." she replied while mentally chanting, 'Ow. Ow. Ow' The teacher nodded and went back to taking attendance. "Pssst." Jessica heard. She looked over to the sound and saw Yuri looking at her. Jessica raised an eyebrow, 'What?' she mouthed. Yuri pointed to Jessica's knee, 'Nurse' Jessica scoffed and waved a hand off, as if to say, 'No need.'
 
Yuri frowned, 'Nurse' she mouthed sternly. 'No' Jessica replied. This caused Yuri to frown even more, but then she smiled widely. Jessica wondered what was going on in that head of Kwon Yuri. Yuri raised her hand, the teacher looked up, "Yes Yuri?" Yuri pointed to Jessica, and everyones gaze averted to hers, "Can I take Jessica to the nurse?" The teacher look at Yuri, "Why?" he asked, since the tables and chairs blocked the view of Jessica's bleeding leg.
 
"Her knee." Yuri replied. The teacher shifted slightly to check out Jessica's knee, he gasped, seeing the blood was now trailing down her leg, "Yes yes! Go, quickly!" he ordered, feeling woozy seeing blood. Yuri nodded and got up, walking over to Jessica. Jessica scowled as Yuri tried to help her up, "I can walk, you know." Jessica stated coldly. Everyone was shocked at how Jessica treated Yuri, no one had ever been rude to her like that. 
Then, Jessica had a thought, wasn't she supposed to make Yuri fall in love with her? Maybe if I just avoid her, it'll do the trick. She thought to herself, walking to the door with Yuri trailing behind her.
 
Half way to the nurse's office, the pain became unbearable for Jessica, as she leaned on the wall, closing her eyes tightly. Yuri quickly walked over, "You okay?" Jessica breathed in a breath, "Yea, let me just rest for a bit..." "You can rest at the nurse's office." Yuri stated. Jessica nodded, "I know, but I need to rest in order to make it to the nurse's office." The blonde girl retorted, staring at her left leg, which was perfectly fine compared to her right leg, which was slowly being stained by blood.
 
Yuri finally gotten enough courage to walk to the right of Jessica, grabbing Jessica's arm and pulling it over Yuri's shoulder, supporting the smaller girl. Jessica looked up in surprise at the random act of kindness. It's probably just for the bet. Jessica thought to herself as they made it to the nurse in silence.
 
The nurse stood up from her chair immediately after seeing the bloody knee, "What happened? Take a seat, quickly." The nurse said, pointing to a seat. Yuri helped Jessica slowly sit down. "So, what happened?"
Jessica bit her lip, "I fell.. in gym." Techinically, she wasn't lying, but she wasn't telling the truth either. She did fall in gym, but she was pushed and shoved which made her fall. Jessica shrugged the feeling off, it's the same thing, right?
 
Yuri frowned, she knew Jessica had been shoved, so why didn't she tell the nurse that? The nurse nodded, "Alright, I have to change your bandaid and put some disinfectant on it. So, this might sting a bit."
Jessica tried hard to remain calm, seeing the nurse come out with a little can of something, along with a new, white bandaid that was going to wrap around Jessica's knee. Carefully, the nurse pulled off the old, soaked bandaid. Yuri and Jessica gasped at the sight, it looked deeper than it usually was yesterday. The nurse sighed, "You shouldn't walk, it will open the cut more."
 
Jessica had walked to school that morning, was that why it was worse? Yuri bit her lip, seeing Jessica close her eyes tightly as the nurse sprayed the disinfectant. Yuri didn't know what to do to comfort the girl, so she just placed her hand on Jessica's shoulder, squeezing it slightly, showing that she was there. Jessica opened her eyes and looked at Yuri with a surprised expression, seeing another one of Yuri's random act of kindness.
 
Jessica shook her head mentally, it's for the bet, she just wants to get close to me... Round up in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed that the nurse had already finished bandaging her knee. "Don't walk, stay her, I'll get the wheel chair." Wheel chair? Jessica's eyes widened, I'd rather just be sent home.
 
The nurse came back with a wheel chair, unfolding it and setting it on the ground, "If you walk even more, the cut will worsen, so you'll have to be in the wheel chair until it heals. But, I want to ask, how did you get that cut in the first place? Where did you fall?" the nurse asked, curious.
 
"I fell in the gym, there was a piece of wood sticking out of the ground." The nurse huffed, "Well, that's dangerous. When did this happen?" Jessica was about to say it happened today, so the nurse won't be curious anymore, but Yuri beat her to it, "Yesterday."
 
The nurse widened her eyes, "Yesterday?! Why didn't you come yesterday?" she asked Jessica. Jessica glared at Yuri, Yuri looked back sternly, as if she was scolding Jessica for trying to lie. Jessica rolled her eyes, "I can't leave without a pass." The nurse furrowed her eyebrows, "And you couldn't ask for one?"
 
Jessica shrugged, "I could. It's just that the fat gym teacher probably wouldn't allow me to." Jessica stated casually. Yuri chuckled at what Jessica called the teacher, and the nurse just shook her head, "Alright, but whenever it feels like it hurts, come to me, okay?" Jessica made an ok sign with her fingers as Yuri helped her into the wheel chair.
 
The nurse looked at the clock, "Omo! You girls have been here too long, it's already lunch time!" The two girls glanced at the clock, the nurse was right. Respectfully, Jessica bowed her head, "Thank you, nurse." she thanked. The nurse smiled and shooed the girls off, "Hurry, before you miss your lunch time."
 
Jessica was about to wheel herself away, but she noticed Yuri was gripping the wheel chair handles, pushing her. Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Why are you pushing me?" she asked. "Why can't I?" Yuri retorted. Jessica sighed and Yuri smirked, knowing she won. 
 
When they entered the lunch room, all eyes were on the two girls. Jessica fidgeted with uncomfort, not liking the attention, while Yuri smiled at her peers, which made them smile back. Jessica kept her head low and pointing to the direction of her table, "Just seat me over there." she mumbled, loud enough for Yuri to hear.
Yuri laughed, "Yea, like I'm going to let you sit alone with your knee like this." Yuri stated in amusement. Jessica rolled her eyes, "Well, I don't really want to sit with your friends.." "Why not?" Jessica shrugged, "Don't know them, actually, I don't know you either." Yuri raised an eyebrow, "Don't know my friends? Do you live under a rock?" Jessica rolled her eyes for the nth time today, "I don't like under a rock, I just don't care about other people." Yuri was surprised at the random statement, then she smiled, "Alright, I'll sit with you at your table then.."
 
Jessica sighed and Yuri wheeled the wheel chair over to Jessica's empty table. Huffing her cheeks, she had no choice but to let Yuri sit at her table.
 
From afar, Yoona grinned widely, seeing the two eat lunch at the table. Even though it looked awkward, Yoona smiled, it was progress, right? Gyuri whined as she sat in Yuri's usual seat, "Where is she?" Yoona decided not to tell her, "Don't know." Gyuri huffed and slumped into her seat.
 
Yoona glanced over at the table Jessica and Yuri were sitting at, when Seohyun was caught in her eye sight. Seohyun was talking to Yonghwa. Yoona stood up, sending Hyuna off her lap as she walked over to Seohyun, grabbing her hand and walking over to an empty table, sitting down silently. Seohyun raised her eyebrows at Yoona's behavior.
 
Yoona shrugged, "What? It's part of the bet. We have to be seen together." Seohyun pouted, "That doesn't mean you can just pull me away from Yonghwa." Yoona scoffed, "Yes I can." Seohyun raised an eyebrow, why was Yoona acting like this? Yoona had her arms crossed and a stern look on her face, sitting stiffly. Seohyun smirked alittle.
 
Was Yoona jealous?