Chapter 29

I Knew

Chapter 29

Jessica was currently at home, alone. Her mom was at work and her little sister was at school. She was  sitting on the couch and watching TV when her phone rang.

"You skipped school on your first day?!" Mrs. Jung screamed over the phone. Jessica held the new phone away from her ear. How did her mother find out already? The school must be pretty quick to call her.

Jessica didn't say anything, but Mrs. Jung could hear the breathing of her daughter. Mrs. Jung sighed, "When are you going to keep this up? Be a little mature already. Look at your little sister, she's moved on, why can't you?"

Jessica clenched her teeth, "Because my little sister didn't have to leave someone she loved!" Jessica yelled and ended the call.

Mrs. Jung still had the phone against her ear, shocked. For one, it was the first time Jessica had spoken to her since they moved, second, Mrs. Jung never knew that Jessica had a lover.

Jessica cried on the couch, using tons of tissues to wipe her tears. The brunette girl fell asleep after crying for what seemed like days.

Krystal arrived home first, she was always home alone for about 1 hour until either her mom or her sister would come home. But, something was odd. Krystal heard the living room TV on. "Unnie? Mom?" she asked.

Walking into the living room, Krystal gasped at the sight of her sister. "Unnie!" she called, running over.

Jessica's face was pale, tears stained her cheeks, and her eyes were puffy. Jessica stirred, "Huh?"

"Unnie, what happened?" Krystal asked worriyly.

Jessica shrugged it off with a wave of her hand, "Nothing. Nothing. Unnie is on her time of the month.." she lied.

Krystal raised an eyebrow, "You had it last week though."

Jessica rolled her eyes, "It lasted longer, I'm fine."

"Stop lying."

"I'm not lying."

Krystal looked into her sister's eyes but saw nothing besides emptiness and lonliness. "I'm fine, Soojung."

Krystal frowned, she knew that whenever her sister calls her 'Soojung' it's serious. "Unnie, tell me?"

"Do you care if your unnie likes girls?" Jessica asked bluntly.

Krystal widened her eyes, "No, I don't care.. as long as your happy, but why?"

"Do you remember Yuri?"

Krystal widened her eyes even more, she knew where this was heading.

Jessica burst out crying again. Krystal hugged her older sister, "Shhh.. stop crying."

"I miss her.. I didn't even say bye to her." Jessica cried, her voice muffled by Krystal's shoulder.

Krystal sighed, "Why didn't you tell mom?"

"You think she would accept us?" Jessica asked, pulling away and looking at her sister.

Krystal stayed quiet, her mother wouldn't accept their relationship, and it was obvious to the both of them, "Why didn't you call or text Yuri?" Krystal asked.

"My phone died."

"Why didn't you charge it?" 

"!" Jessica screamed out loud, how could she forget the charger?!

Krystal widened her eyes, "You forgot?!"

"Dammit, @$!%#" Jessica cussed out every english swear word she knew.

"Wait, Unnie!" Krystal yelled and got up, running to her room and returning with her phone.

"I have Yuri's phone number on my contacts!" Krystal said, showing Jessica.

Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Why?" she asked.

Krystal giggled, "Don't ask me, she gave it to me in the first place."

Jessica rolled her eyes and grabbed the phone, putting Yuri's contact into her own phone.

"Should I call or text?" 

"Call. She probably wants to hear your voice."

With Yuri

"Yuri, your phones ringing." Yoona called out from the couch, seeing the phone buzz. Yuri was currently in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Give the phone to me." she yelled out.

Yoona groaned but got up, grabbing the phone and ran to give it to Yuri.

'Unknown number'

Yuri shrugged and picked it up, "Hello?"

"Yuri.." the familiar voice called.

Yuri dropped her spoon into the bowl, "Sic- Jessica?" Yuri stuttered.

"It's me." Jessica replied.

"Where are you?!" Yuri yelled.

"Yuri, don't misunderstand. I didn't want to leave you, I didn't. It's my mom, she forced me to leave to the states."

Yuri clenched her teeth, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh... I was going to call you, but my phone died."

"Why didn't you charge it?"

Jessica laughed nervously, "I already threw it at the wall before I realized I could charge it."

Yuri sighed, "Really, Sica?"

On the other line, Jessica smiled widely at the familiar nickname, "Really, seobang." she replied.

Yuri giggled, "So, what are we going to do now?"

"Well, it's almost my birthday. I plan to move back to Korea."

Yuri widened her eyes, "Wait! You don't need to do that! My parents wanted me to study in the states!"

Jessica smiled, "Really?!" she asked.

Krystal smiled at how Jessica's mood changed after talking to Yuri. 'You must really love her' Krystal thought, watching how her older sister laughed and smiled through the phone.

BEEP BEEP

Jessica gasped before letting out a groan, "Yuri-ah, my phone is about to die.." she pouted.

Yuri could imagine the pout on Jessica's face, "Aigoo, it's alright, I'll visit you this weekened when I start school in the states. I love you."

Jessica's eyes teared up, it's been a long time since she heard Yuri say that to her. "I love you too. Bye bye." she replied before hanging up.

Krystal giggled.

"Now, before you throw your innocent phone at the wall for running out of battery, charge it."

"Yah!"