Chapter 14

I Knew

Chapter 14

Yuri began to sweat in her sleep, shifting and turning herself on the bed. This cause the older girl sleeping next to her to wake up. "Yuri?" Jessica called, turning her body.

Jessica's eyes widened when she saw Yuri crying in her sleep, her face twisted in pain. Jessica sat up and shook Yuri's shoulders. Yuri woke up abruptly, gasping as she sat up.

"Yuri.." Jessica called softly. Yuri used her palm to wipe the tears on her face, "I'm fine. Just a nightmare." Yuri whispered, but the tears were still flowing. Jessica frowned, "A nightmare that caused you to cry this much?" Yuri stayed silent, still wiping the continuous tears.

Yuri was surprised when she felt her body being enveloped in a hug by the older girl. "Jessica?" She called. "Just cry." Was all Jessica said before Yuri began to cry on her shoulders. For some reason, Yuri didn't find the need to be tough around Jessica, she could let her feelings out with Jessica..

Jessica rubbed the crying girl's back, soothing her as the sobs slowly became sniffs. "Feel better?" Jessica asked, slightly pulling away to look at Yuri. Yuri nodded as she brought her hand up to wipe her tears. But, to her surprise, Jessica beat her to it, wiping Yuri's tears with her thumb.

After realizing what she was doing, Jessica pulled her thumb away and released her grip on Yuri's waist. She cleared , "Let's go back to sleep, we have school tomorrow." Jessica said as she laid back down, nearly falling off the bed due to its small frame.

Yuri bit her lip, but she laid back down again, wiping the remaining tears. Jessica clung onto the bed sheets, afraid to fall off. Yuri noticed it and hugged Jessica around the waist, pulling her closer to Yuri's body.

Jessica mentally scolded her body for acting the way it was. Her heart beating faster than usual, her skin tingling, her face slightly blushing. "Jessica." Yuri called. "Yea?" Jessica replied. "It's Saturday tomorrow." Jessica rolled her eyes, "Okay, but let's still go to sleep." Yuri stayed silent.

After a couple minutes, both girls were still awake, bodies against each other. "Still awake?" Yuri asked. "Yep." Jessica replied. "Want to know why I was crying?" Yuri asked. "Only if you want me to know." Jessica responded. Yuri's heart warmed at Jessica's reply. She smiled. "Yea, I kind of want to get it off my chest, you know?" 

Yuri sat up, her body resting against the headboard. Jessica also sat up, next to Yuri, one leg was hanging off the side of the bed. Yuri giggled quietly at the random limb hanging off the side, she wrapped her arm around Jessica's waist and pulled her more to the middle of the bed, therefor both her legs were safely placed on the bed.

Jessica smiled lightly, "Thanks." Yuri shrugged, "No problem." Yuri kept her arm around Jessica's waist. Jessica coughed, "So, the reason why you were crying?" "Oh right." Yuri said, staring at the wall blankly as she recalled the nightmare.

(The dream was the previous chapter.)

Jessica had teary eyes after hearing Yuri's story. The older girl looked up at Yuri and saw her struggling to keep the tears in. Jessica released a tear upon seeing Yuri like that. Jessica pried Yuri's arm off her waist, making Yuri look down at her, surprised. Jessica threw her arms around Yuri's waist, hugging the girl tightly. 

Yuri let her tears out as she slowly wrapped her arms around Jessica's neck. Jessica let a few tears roll down. She never would've guess that the Kwon Yuri was beaten by her parents when she was younger. It would've never crossed her mind that the Kwon Yuri was this broken inside.

Yoona, who heard noises, went over to investigate, peeking her head through the window. Yoona saw Yuri and Jessica hugging as Yuri was crying. Yoona bit her lip at the sight of Yuri crying, she figured it was another bad dream of something that had happened in her life.

Yoona let the scene, letting the two be alone. She felt sad, seeing her friend like that, but she also felt happy, seeing that Jessica was comforting her. Yoona sighed and slowly drifted back to sleep.

"Mianhe for crying all over your shoulder." Yuri sniffed, her voice husky. Jessica giggled softly, "It's alright, I let out a few tears of my own on yours." She replied, pointing to Yuri's slightly wet shoulder. "You cried? Why?" Yuri asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

Jessica shrugged, "I don't really know why I cried. I guess it's because that I never would of thought of you struggling this much in life. You're a pretty good actor, you know that? You seem so happy and joyful at school whenever I saw you. I didn't think you would be this broken."

Yuri smiled sadly, "I guess playing with all those people took my mind off of those things. And yes, I am broken. Maybe a little too broken to be fixed."

Jessica frowned, "And playing with other people's hearts will cure all of your problems?" Yuri shrugged, "It did to me." "Did you ever think about how others will feel? Broken hearted?" "I've felt it before." Yuri stated grimly. "And making others feel it is better?"

Yuru kept quiet. The whole time, Yuri was thinking about the bet with Jessica. Was she playing with her feelings? 

Jessica turned around quickly and lay back down before a tear escaped her eye, "Go to bed. I'm tired." She said coldly. Using her palm to wipe the tear. Jessica was also thinking about the bet. Did Yuri like me back? Of course not. It's all for the bet, right?

Jessica thought that she had to keep Yuri away in order to prevent herself from falling harder.

Operation : Avoid Yuri is activated.