Chapter 33

I Knew

Chapter 33

Seohyun and Yoona laid in bed together, cuddling as they watched TV. Seohyun rested in Yoona's arms as she continued to watch the cartoon about a green frog commander of sorts. Yoona was lost in her thoughts until she remembered about Taeyeon. Yoona let a sigh escape.

Seohyun looked up at her lover, "What's wrong, Yoong?" she asked. Yoona sighed for the second time, "It's Taeyeon." Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows, "I thought it was Yuri?" Yoona shook her head, "No, Yuri is fine. In fact, she left for the states a week ago, to visit Jessica." Seohyun widened her eyes, "She left? So, she and Jessica are okay?" Yoona nodded, "Yea.. but now it's Taeyeon."

Seohyun sat up against the head board of the bed, as did Yoona. "What's wrong with her?" Seohyun asked. "She and Tiffany are.. sort of... friends with benefits... I guess." Yoona said, choosing her words wisely. Seohyun raised her eyebrows, "Friends with benefits? Isn't Tiffany engaged to Nickhun?" Yoona sighed yet again, "That's the thing. Tiffany is engaged with Nickhun. But, she's also seeing Taeyeon."

Seohyun frowned, "How will that ever work out?" Yoona shook her head sadly, "That's the thing. It won't work out. I've tried telling Taeyeon that, but she won't listen to me. She said that she wants to spend all her time with Tiffany before Tiffany leaves her." Seohyun sighed, "Love makes you blind sometimes." Yoona scoffed, "Sometimes? More like all the time."

Seohyun leaned her head on Yoona's shoulder, "Yoong, I feel like Taeyeon is making things harder for herself." Yoona nodded, agreeing with Seohyun. Yoona leaned down and kissed Seohyun's lips softly. Seohyun smiled as they pulled out of the kiss, "What was that for?"

Yoona shrugged, "I don't know, but you know what's amazing?" Seohyun's eyes twinkled, "What?" Yoona smiled as she said her next words, "I've been feeling so stressed lately, from Yuri to Taeyeon. But, with that one kiss from you, all of my stress disappeared."

Seohyun blushed slightly and hid her face in Yoona's neck. Yoona giggled and kissed Seohyun's head, "I love you." Seohyun leaned out from her hiding spot and looked up at Yoona, "I love you too."

 

"Taeyeon. I'm serious. Stop this thing that's going on between you and Tiffany." Yoona said sternly, seeing her friend stare at Tiffany with Nickhun. Taeyeon shrugged her off with a wave of her hand. Yoona frowned before standing in Taeyeon's view. "Yah!" Taeyeon said, careful not to catch attention from their classmates.

Taeyeon looked up at Yoona and gulped, seeing the young girl with an angry face on and arms crossed. "Taeyeon. I don't want you to get hurt." Yoona said, dropping her tough facade as she looked at Taeyeon almost pleadingly. Taeyeon frowned, "Then don't get in my buisness!" Yoona smacked Taeyeon's head. Taeyeon glared at Yoona, "Respect your elders."

Yoona scoffed, "Respect my elders? How about you act like an elder, maybe then I'll respect you. You're being awfully stupid if you're an 'elder'." "How am I stupid?" Taeyeon asked. "Can't you see that Tiffany is still engaged to Nickhun? What are you to Tiffany? Not even a girlfriend, right? Maybe mere strangers with benefits, is that it?"

Taeyeon kept quiet because Yoona had the upper hand in the argument, since everything she said was correct. She wasn't anything to Tiffany, maybe a play toy, but that's it. Tiffany was still engaged to Nickhun and Taeyeon knew that.

Yoona sighed and looked into Taeyeon's distant eyes. Taeyeon clenched her jaw, "She told me she loves me." Yoona widened her eyes at the news, "Does she say that to Nickhun as well?" Taeyeon froze at the thought, she had heard Tiffany say those words to Nickhun before. Yoona sighed again, "This is what I'm talking about, Taeyeon. You're going to get hurt more than necessary."

Taeyeon didn't respond. Yoona held Taeyeon's hand and looked into her eyes, "Taeyeon.. if you think that she actually loves you, ask her to leave Nickhun. If she leaves him, she loves you. If she doesn't... well.. you know.." Yoona suggested. Taeyeon bit her lip, debating wether or not to do that. Yoona gave the puppy eyes to Taeyeon, "Please? For me?" Taeyeon couldn't say no to Yoona's puppy eyes, she sighed and nodded, "Fine.."

Yoona smiled widely and gave a quick hug to Taeyeon, "Okay, I have to go, I'm in the wrong class." she said before running out of the class quickly, just as the professor entered the class. Taeyeon giggled quietly to herself at the younger girl.

 

"Why'd you pull me here, Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked as Taeyeon had grabbed her hand dragged them to the roof. "I have a question to ask." Taeyeon said. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, "Then ask." 

"Do you love me?" Taeyeon asked suddenly. "Yes I do." Tiffany asked without hesitation, which made Taeyeon stronger to ask the next question. "Okay.. now... Will you leave Nickhun?" Taeyeon asked, hoping that Tiffany would answer without hestitation like she had the first question.

But, to Taeyeon's disappointment, Tiffany didn't respond right away. Taeyeon frowned. Tiffany bit her lip, "T-Tae.. it's not that easy." Taeyeon's frown deepened, "It's not easy? You love me, don't you? This shouldn't be difficult. Unless.. you have feelings for him too?"

Tiffany immediately shook her head, "No.. I don't have feelings for him. At least.. not anymore. Not after you confessed to me." Taeyeon sighed, "Then what is it?" she asked tiredly. "My dad.." Tiffany started.

"He won't allow us. He wants me to marry Nickhun for his buisness. Hwang Corp. merged with H.Inc, that's what he wants. If he finds out about us, he'll flip out. He won't hesitate to hurt you, Taeyeon. I don't want him to do that. I love you too much to let you get hurt by my father."

Taeyeon's heart warmed at Tiffany defending her, but she clenched her fist. "To hell with the merg then." she said bluntly. Tiffany widened her eyes, "Tae.." Taeyeon interuppted her.

"I don't care what your father thinks. I don't want you to marry Nickhun. Especially if you have no feelings for him. If he wants to hurt me, let him hurt me. I'll suffer through physical pain, I'll live through it because I know that I would have you in the end to heal my wounds. If he really cares about you, his daughter, he'll accept us, he won't do anything to hurt our relationship if he really cares. So, let him hurt me. So be it. As long as I have you, I'll live. I love you, Tiffany Hwang."

Tiffany didn't know how to respond as she hugged Taeyeon tightly. Taeyeon hugged back and felt the tears on her shoulder as Tiffany began to cry at the words. Taeyeon giggled as she hugged Tiffany, "Aigoo.. so sensitive." "Shuttup." Tiffany sobbed. Taeyeon only giggled, "So, will you leave Nickhun?"

Tiffany pulled away. "No." she said with a straight face, the tears stopped flowing. Taeyeon widened her eyes, "WHAT?!" she yelled. Tiffany burst out laughing, tears beginning to fall again due to her laughter. Taeyeon pouted, "That's not funny!" Tiffany managed to stop laughing as she looked at Taeyeon with a small smile, "That's what you get for making fun of me."

"Seriously, will you leave him?" Taeyeon asked hopefully. Tiffany nodded and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's neck, Taeyeon's arm immediately wrapped around Tiffany's waist as she pulled their bodies together. "Of course I'll leave him." Tiffany responded before leaning down and kissing Taeyeon passionately.

Leaning out of the kiss, Taeyeon took Tiffany's hand, Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. Taeyeon smiled as she pulled out the engagement ring, "You won't be needing that anymore." Tiffany giggled.

"I love you." Taeyeon said as she smlied at Tiffany. Tiffany smiled back, her eyes turning into cresents.

"I love you too."