Chapter 28

I Knew

was going to update tomorrow and leave you guys hanging, but I felt bad :)

Chapter 28

1 Year Later

"Sooyeon! Wake up, it's your first day of college!" Mrs. Jung called out. Jessica could care less about college. She lazily got up and put on sweat pants and a sweat shirt. She walked to the kitchen where her sister and mother were.

"Sooyeon, it's 80 degrees outside, you're going to wear that?" her mother asked. Jessica ignored her mom and grabbed an apple, her bag, and left the house. Mrs. Jung sighed, her daughter has been ignoring her since they moved to the states.

 

 

 

Jessica walked to the university 20 minutes late. Did she care? Of course not. Throwing the apple in a near by trash can, she looked at her schedule and made her way to class. People stared at Jessica as she entered class. Jessica simply bowed before taking her seat.

"Name?" the teacher asked. "Jessica Jung." Jessica replied, staring blankly at the teacher. "Don't arrive to class late next time. I'll give you a pass since it's the first day." Jessica nodded and watched as the teacher continued the lesson.

Jessica wandered off in her own thoughts. The day her mother had told her they were moving...

Flashback

"Mom, I'm home!" Jessica called out happily after a nice day with her friends and girlfriend.

"Sooyeon, come in the kitchen, I have to tell you something.." her mother called. Jessica walked to the kitchen, her smile being wiped away as her little sister had tears in her eyes, "What's wrong?" Jessica asked, hurrying to her sister and wrapping her arm around Krystal's shoulders.

"We're moving to the states."

Jessica froze, "What? Why?" she asked.

Tears began to appear in Jessica's eyes before they trailed down her face, "No, I"m not moving with you. I'm almost a legal adult. I can stay here."

"You're going with me, Sooyeon, you too, Soojung."

Jessica let go of Krystal and glared at her mom, "Is it because of dad? Is that why you want to move?"

Her mother was surprised that Jessica figured it out easily. Mrs. Jung wanted nothing to do with the guy, and Mr. Im/Jung continuously tried to talk to her.

"Sooyeon, we're moving to the states and that's final."

Jessica's tears flowed down her now pale face, "I can stay here! I'm almost a legal adult!" Jessica stated.

"Almost isn't good enough, Sooyeon!" her mother yelled back.

Krystal could only stand to the side, crying silently seeing her two family members yelling at each other.

"You're selfish!" Jessica yelled.

Mrs. Jung clenched her teeth before doing something that she regret, slapping Jessica. Jessica's tears never seemed to stop.

Jessica clecnhed and unclenched her fists, she wasn't going to stoop as low as hitting her mother, she wouldn't. "You're selfish. Your daughters are happy here, but you want to leave because of someone who left our family 9 years ago?!" Jessica said, starting out soft but ending with a yell.

Mrs. Jung was still in shock, seeing Jessica's red cheek, "We're moving."

Jessica didn't want to slap her mother, she really didn't. Jessica quickly ran to her room and slammed the door as hard as she could, making some wood splinters burst out. 

What was she going to do with Yuri?

"We're leaving tomorrow morning!" her mother yelled.

Jessica widened her eyes, that doesn't leave any time for her to tell Yuri! Jessica quickly ran to her phone, she opened the phone and saw that it was dead. "!" she yelled, throwing the phone at the wall.

Jessica burst into tears as she curled into the bed.

"I'm sorry, Yuri."

End Flashback

Jessica stood abruptly during class and walked out.

"Ms. Jung! You can't skip class!"

Jessica continued to walk until she left the building, tears beginning to roll down her face. Her legs felt numb, she fell onto the school steps and cried silently.

Meanwhile, back with Yuri.

Yoona slammed open the bathroom cubicle and grabbed Yuri's arm, which was groping another girl. Yoona dragged Yuri to the roof, where they would often talk. Without hesitation, Yoona slapped Yuri.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Yoona yelled.

Yuri began to cry. Yoona softened at the sight and sighed, "Yuri.. come on buddy, you're better than this."

Yuri didn't say anything as Yoona hugged her tightly.

'Why did you have to leave when Yuri was getting better, Jessica? You better have a good reason for this, Jung Jessica' Yoona thought as she soothed her sobbing best friend.

At that moment, Taeyeon burst out into the roof with tears flowing down her face as well. Yoona widened her eyes, but then she immediately knew why Taeyeon was crying. Tiffany.

Yoona opened her other arm and Taeyeon hugged Yoona. There Yoona was, hugging and soothing both of her heart broken friends..

Yoona let out a few tears of her own. It hurt seeing her two close friends cry over a broken heart.

Yoona sniffed.

'I'll get to the bottom of this'