Chapter 1

I Knew

 

Chapter 1
 
"Jung Sooyeon! Get up or else you'll be late for school!" the middle-aged lady yelled from the kitchen. A figure began to shift around the bed, their blonde hair messy and tangled from her nights sleep. The girl groaned and covered her eyes as her annoying little sister opened the curtains, letting the piercing sun light in.
 
"Yah! Krystal Jung, get out of my room!" 
Krystal pouted, "Unnie, I'm only trying to wake you up." Jessica sighed and rubbed her face as she sat up, "I'm up already, now leave." Krystal left the room, leaving Jessica alone.
 
Jessica got up and dressed in her usual outfit, sweat pants, a large sweater, and some old sneakers. It's a shame, really, since Jessica's body was really pretty, but Jessica couldn't care less about how she looked compared to other students. It's not like she went to school to be a fasion model, right?
 
Jessica dragged her feet to the bathrom as she did her usual routine. She brushed her hair with the comb, staring at herself in the mirror.  She frowned, thinking about how her blonde hair is going to stick out in school. "Why did I ever let Krystal dye my hair?" she muttered under her breath as she continued her morning routine.
 
Jessica plopped herself down on the kitchen stool at the counter. Her mother sighed, "Sooyeon, you're already late." Jessica looked at the clock, she really was late. In fact, she was 30 minutes late. The blonde girl's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Jessica got off the stool and grabbed her black backpack, grabbing an apple as she walked out the door, "Bye Mom! Love you!" she called out in English, not really caring to use Korean since she knew her mom knew English.
 
Jessica quickly walked to school while eating the apple. Yes, she was late, but she was still walking. Jessica's mental quote that she always followed was, 'Never run no matter how late you are. What’s the difference anyway?' Yes, Jessica was loyal to this, as she took her time walking to her school. 
 
By the time she arrived, first class was already over, as the bell rang when Jessica entered the building. Students flooded out the classrooms, ignoring Jessica who was just trying to get to her locker which was located in the middle of the hall. "Just my luck" she mumbled, squeezing through the crowd of people, muttering a quick "Sorry" or "Excuse me" everytime she pushed someone.
 
Finally, she made it to her locker, 052. Jessica quickly put her stuff away and grabbed all the essientals for the rest of the day before going to class, not wanting to be more late then she already is. 
 
Entering the classroom, she took her usual seat in the back, waiting for class to start since people were still missing from the room. The teacher eyed Jessica for a minute before glancing at her computer screen, then back at Jessica.
 
"Ah, Jessica." The teacher called out. Jessica looked up, "Yes?" she responded. "In the computer it says you are absent, was this a mistake or?" The teacher asked. Jessica shook her head, "It's not a mistake, I was late." she told the truth. "And why is that?" The teacher asked.
'Gosh, this teacher asks too many questions' Jessica thought to herself, but remained her politeness on the outside. "I overslept." You could hear the giggles and amused chuckles come from the class. Jessica shrugged it off, she didn't care what her classmates thought of her, it's not like they know her personally.
 
The teacher glared at Jessica, not liking the reason she gave for being late. Jessica just glared right back at her. 'Yea, I can glare too, teacher' Jessica said to herself in her mind, smirking when the teacher cleared and looked away. 'I win' Jessica thought as she did a mental dance.
 
From afar, Kwon Yuri and Im Yoona watched the scene. They were sat at the table directly in the middle of the room, as they were popular, so it was a must to be the center of attention. Yoona smiled, slightly resembling an alligator, "Wahh, that girl is daebak, even I can't stand Mrs. Lee's glares." Yoona admired the blonde hair girl who was now scribbling on the desk.
 
Yuri shrugged and stared at the girl, "It's not a big deal." Yoona gasped, "Not a big deal?" Yuri raised an eyebrow at her friends behavior, "Why are you acting like that?" "Like what?" Yoona asked dumbly, furrowing her eyebrows. "Like a crazed fan girl. All she did was glare at the teacher." Yuri responded cooly, looking at the table. Yoona didn't reply, and Yuri smiled, knowing she had won their little argument, if you can even call it that.
 
Gyuri and her crew entered the classroom 20 minutes late. They bowed politely, "Mianhe, teacher." The teacher just nodded, "Take your seats, girls." Jessica scowled at the girls. Just because their parents pay for the school profits doesn't mean they get to get away with everything. 
 
Gyuri, Hara, and Hyuna walked over to Yuri's table, which included Yuri, Yoona, and Taeyeon. Gyuri sat on Yuri's lap, Hyuna on Yoona's, and Hara on Taeyeon's. Did Yuri care? Of course not. Did Yoona and Taeyeon care? Yep, Yoona just doesn't like people touching her without a reason, and Taeyeon just doesn't like Hara.
 
But, being the nice girls they are, Yoona and Taeyeon decided not to harshly push the girls off their laps, even if they wanted to, so, they let them sit there. Yuri wrapped her arms around Gyuri's waist and placed her face in the girl's neck
Jessica watched in disgust, trying to focus on the lesson. But, how could she when Gyuri was constantly giggling because Yuri was nibbling on her neck? The teacher didn't even say anything. Jessica averted her eyes to the teacher, who was busy talking about who knows what.
 
The giggling was nonstop during class and Jessica was starting to get annoyed. She badly ached to just yell at Gyuri and Yuri, to tell them to be quiet, but then she would attract attention. And she didn't want attention, not at all. So, she kept mum, gritting her teeth at the giggles and chuckles of the two girls.
 
After class Jessica quickly gathered her stuff, happy to leave the giggling couple. As she began to walk out the door, she bumped into someone. 'Great. Just great' Jessica thought to herself as she picked up her stuff from the ground. "Sorry" the person said to Jessica. Jessica didn't respond, since she knew it was Yuri. Quickly, the blonde girl left the room and went to her next class, which happened to be Physical Education, her least favorite class.
 
It wasn't that Jessica didn't like Physical Education, it's the dress code for it. Shorts and a shirt, or sports bra. Most girls chose sports bra, trying to show off their stuff, but Jessica would rather not show off her skin for all the world to see. Okay, maybe she was exagerating alittle, but could you blame her? The people at her school were complete erts.
 
She entered the girls locker room once she made sure no one else was in there. Quickly, she changed into a pair of short shorts and a baggy shirt with a sports bra underneath. The shirt went all the way down to her knees, and it made it seem like Jessica wasn't wearing any pants. Frowning, Jessica used a hair tie to tie the shirt up alittle, revealing her shorts as well as her toned legs.
 
She tied her hair up in a pony tail before leaving the locker room, quickly joining the rest of her class in the gym. "Nice of you to finally join us, Jessica." the fat gym teacher said, crossing his rather chubby arms over his rather chubby chest while he stood on his rather chubby feet.
 
Jessica just nodded, not saying anything. The teacher cleared his throat, slightly uncomfortable with the stare Jessica was giving him. "Since Ms. Jung here was late, 10 laps, go! No complaining! You can thank Ms. Jung later!" he ordered like a commander of some sort, blowing his whistle repeatedly.
 
The girls in the class squealed and covered their ears from the horrid noise as they ran. The boys groaned and began to run. Jessica, who fellt slightly guilty, began to run with all her might, finishing first without a sweat. The gym teacher raised an eyebrow at her.
 
Jessica shrugged. It wasn't her fault her mom made her keep in shape after calling her fat in the 6th grade. Jessica mentally chuckled at the memory, remebering how her mom had smacked her stomach softly, 'Fat. You need to work out more.' her mom had said.
 
Kwon Yuri happened to be in Jessica's gym class. Being the player she was, she couldn't help but stare at Jessica's legs as the girl ran without a fault. Yuri swore she almost had a nose bleed from the hotness, but she managed to control herself.
 
Yoona, who saw her best friend checking out Jessica, smirked.  Yoona looked into Yuri's eyes, and it wasn't filled with lust like it usually is when she checks a girl out. It was filled with curiosity and... interest. Did the player Kwon Yuri finally find that someone?
 
Yoona nudged Yuri, making the girl snap out of her trance, "Huh?" she called, staring at Yoona. Yoona smiled widely, "What you looking at?" "N- nothing." Yuri stuttered. Yuri cursed herself, 'Why did I stutter?' This time, Yoona was mentally cheering inside. Usually, Yuri would straight out tell Yoona that she was checking out a girl, but why did Yuri lie and stutter this time?
 
"Sure.. it was nothing." Yoona smirked and walked away.