Dream

The Chosen Seven

A soft tremor wakes Sunggyu up. He groans as he pushes himself up into a sitting position. He frowns into confusion as he looks around his surroundings. He has no idea where he is currently. He tries to remember the event that happened just moments ago before his out. Isn’t he supposed to be in School, late at night and trying to run away from a skeleton? Could he have died and landed himself in heaven or in hell?

He let his hands touch himself, trying to find a wound that never existed. He then allowed himself to explore the surroundings once more with his eyes. If this place is heaven, then it is extremely dull or if this place is hell, then it is too peaceful and quiet to be one.

Everything around Sunggyu is in different shades of grey. The sea, the ground and even the sun are in greys. As Sunggyu continues to eye-explore, he realize that he is not standing on ground but sand and it would have seem that he is standing on an island that has nothing but sand. There are no trees and no signs of life but Sunggyu himself and the environment. Despite the sun blaring at him, Sunggyu felt cold. He gazes out further and it seems that the island is not the only place this desolated world has.  On the far side of the sea, it appears to be another island but it looked as if there are structures. Sunggyu considered swimming across but water look extremely ominous. He has no way of getting to the other side. He raises his head as an act of him given up and something caught his eye. In the sky other than the sun that is blaring brightly, there shines seven stars – one of them is blue and the remaining six are red.

Before he could try to analyze what the star meant, a tremor shook the world and cause Sunggyu to tumble into the grey waters. He found himself unable to breathe with the water pressing him down, dragging him deeper into the darkness. He felt his consciousness slip and his eyes closing. Before he fully closes his eyes, he joked to himself that he had just died in heaven or in hell if that matter.

With desperate need of oxygen, he inhaled in deeply and opened his eyes together in the same motion. He found himself no longer at the desolated world but in the school’s sickbay. He gasps for air and places a hand on his heart, trying to calm down his frantically beating heart. Sunggyu had experienced a near death experience in his dream but yet it did not feel like it is a dream. It felt real. The curtains are withdrawn and there stands a white-cloaked figure.

“Oh you’re awake! Thank the gods nothing happened to you. The janitor found you lying on the ground unconscious near the library. It’s a miracle that you did not experience those attacks. We can’t afford to have another attack; otherwise the school has to close down.” The doctor exclaims as she scribble something on her clipboard.

“So tell me what happened? Why are you lying on the ground at that point of night?”

“Wait… what time is it?” Sunggyu asks as he held his head, trying to ease the ache that just surface.

“Its 3 p.m. in the next day. You passed out for quite a long period of time.” Sunggyu nods as he gladly accepts the medicine the doctor offered for him in an assist to reduce the aching pain.

“So?” The doctor began. It would have seemed that the matter of attacks seems to be much of a more serious thing to the school then their student’s wellbeing. But who will believe Sunggyu? It seems to be all fantasy and something that pops out of a fairytale book and all – moving skeleton cloaked in black cloth? No one will believe Sunggyu. It seems so surreal. But Sunggyu believed what he saw at that time. He did saw the skeleton moving and all.

Sunggyu shakes his head.

“I’m thinking it is just fatigue. I’ve been taking part-time jobs lately and didn’t have enough sleep.” He reasons as he pinch the bridge in between his nose. The doctor nods and scribbles more notes on the clipboard. As he replays last night incident, he recall having seen a female student along with him. He shot up from his position and grabs onto the doctor’s hand.

“Wait; there is a female student that was with me last night. I think she ran away or something. Did you find her?” Sunggyu asks desperately.

The doctor gives him a funny look before pushing his hand away. “No we did not find anyone else but you. We ask the entire school as well and none of them are in the school compounds during that time. We also checked the school records of people moving in and out of the school and there are no signs of any female student failing to sign out or signing into the dorms. You’re the only one, Mr. Kim who did not report back to your dorm.” The doctor explains as she continues to scribble on her clipboard.

That do not make any sense to Sunggyu at all. He did saw a female student running away from the figure and based on past attacks, there are no signs of the monster kidnapping students. Could it be that the monster had changed it approach patterns? Then again the thoughts of the school not realizing that a studen is missing is highly impossible. People would have realized that their friend cannot be contacted and will be reported.

Sunggyu sighs to himself as he picks up his lying bag. Maybe he indeed is too tired and is seeing things. ‘A good night sleep would probably do the trick.’ He thought as he excuse himself, and making sure that he thank the doctor before leaving. The doctor smile slightly as she watches Sunggyu leave the room. Once the door closes, she quickly makes a phone call to a certain individual.

“I think we found him. He’s one of them.”

To be continued in Chapter 3: Gate


A/N

I never update this fast, but somehow I just want to continue with the story >_< 

Here is Chapter 2! Hope you guys enjoy it! :D