Chastitas

The Chosen Seven

 

“S-sunggyu?” Woohyun exclaims as he changes his attention back and forth between the two identical men. The situation is anything but helpful for Woohyun as he gets even more confused with his current predicament. First are the identical images on the pillars and now two Sunggyus?

But Woohyun has no time to think as more shadows quickly approach the younger male. The sudden shortening of the gap between him and his pursuers cause Woohyun to squeak in surprise as he scrambles up onto his feet, dashing towards the just arrived Sunggyu. The elder male wastes no time in suspending the shadows in midair and effectively hurling them towards the walls.

“Are you alright? You aren’t hurt, are you?” Sunggyu asks worryingly. Woohyun could not reply as he gasps for oxygen to replenish the lack of the specific gas he spent from all those running. He shakes his head in response. Sunggyu sighs as the weight of responsibility disappears. He is glad to find the younger safe and sound. His attention gets snapped back when a lustful laughter echoes throughout the air.

“How nice of your knight in shining armor to save your , Woohyun. Now that the original has appeared, I see no reason why I should stay in this disgusted form of a gatekeeper.” Sunggyu exclaims as his face distorts into an expression of disgust when as he emphasizes the last word. Sunggyu raises his hands as he chants out a few incoherent words. Those words are not ordinary words that bind together into a sentence as when the chant ends, a soft tremor is felt.

The lying shadows got back up onto their feet as they transforms once more into black essence, swirling and swimming around the place. Together on a single timing, the essences gather onto Sunggyu and consuming him up into the darkness. A chuckle is heard but it is not a male, but a female that sounded out.

The essences seemingly turn into fabrics and connect themselves to form a black dress for the unknown lady. She takes a step out from the black dust cloud that forms during the gathering, fully clothed. She wears a black long sleek dress, pairing up with a black shawl. She paces around, stretching her body in long black heels. As she walks away from the cloud, the remains of the essences gathers upon her head and  forms a black sun hat with a see through black veil covering her face.

“It’s wonderful to be back in this form.” She sighs in pleasure as she moves her head in a circular motion, stretching those sore muscles of her neck.

“W-who are you?” Sunggyu asks while in a defensive stance. The black lady giggles as she gives a look to both the boys. Even hidden behind the veil, both Sunggyu and Woohyun are able to feel the look of seduction she is giving.

“I thought you’re much cleverer to understand all this after your first encounter, Kim Sunggyu but I guess not. So much for guarding the Gate of Knowledge.” She mutters with a disapproving tone, heavy with sarcasm heard from her English accent.

“My name is Lust or I believe that’s what you people call me nowadays. Humans are such weak willed creatures – just a kiss on the lips from their most beloved crush and they succumb so easily. Isn’t that right, Woohyun?” She provokes with a chuckle. The said boy’s features grow dark after realizing his own foolish mistake. He growl back at Lust and as if any moment he is willing pounce onto her and rip her into shreds.

“Oooo… Scary but I’m not intimidated at all. But if you wish, I could end your misery quickly. You may choose to call this… Mercy – a form of thanks from me for opening that annoying barrier outside the cavern, that your past had placed.” Lust continues as she starts to approach Woohyun.

With just a few more steps from reach the younger, Sunggyu tries to push Lust away with his powers but the black lady doesn’t seem to budge at all. No matter how hard he tries, his powers could not affect Lust. The black lady seemingly notices Sunggyu’s futile attempts and laughs comically at him.

“Do you think your powers would work on me? You’re powers do not work those who isn’t your counterpart. You’ve killed Sloth and so your job ends.” She informs before she stops and stares right through Sunggyu before a new plan comes into her mind.

“On second thought, maybe I should keep you alive - to watch Woohyun die. I can see a little seed of love, yet to blossom but is there deep in your heart. I wonder how much pain I can inflict when you watch him die, when you stood there, unable to save him.” She announces as she stretches out her hand and a stream of black shadow emerges.

The shadow wraps itself around Sunggyu, effectively restraining his movements. He tries to struggle but it won’t break. His powers do not affect Lust, cancelling all possibilities of using it to break free. Woohyun, who is just right by Sunggyu, tries his best to pull the shadow but the black substance did not budge.

“You won’t kill him! You need him to open the gate!” Sunggyu bellows out.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Of course I can kill him, although it is much of a hassle. All I require is just his blood. Dead or alive – it doesn’t matter.” Lust exclaims as she continues to approach Woohyun.

“Run Woohyun, don’t let her get you! Run!” Sunggyu hushes the younger.

“B-but I’m not going to leave you!”

“I’ll be fine! If my powers are unable to affect her, her powers won’t able to kill me as well. I’ll be fine. Just go! I’ll find a way to escape myself.”

“Run? I won’t give you the liberty to do so.” Lust exclaims as the entrance get sealed with black chains. Woohyun finds himself in panic mode and dash in the opposite direction, trying his best to increase the distance between him and Lust. He has no idea what he should do. His powers aren’t meant to kill but to conceal him.

Wait. That’s right. I can hide myself.

But there is a problem in Woohyun using his powers – he has forgotten how to activate it. In the past, just by willing it he is able to turn invisible but when he tries it now, he still remains visible. He dashes away once more when he spots Lust getting closer to him.

“How do you use it?” Woohyun yells out to Sunggyu.

“What do you mean?”

“Your powers? How do you use them?” Woohyun asks frantically as the black lady approaches closer to him. He is running out of places to evade her. The hall may be huge but its space is limited.

“Think of the opposite of your opponent - The opposite meaning of Lust!” Sunggyu replies loudly, to be only hurled onto the wall.

“Silence!” Lust warns as she glares at Sunggyu. Woohyun’s breathing quickens as he tries to not think of lust and of the opposite meaning. What is the opposite meaning of Lust? He asks himself as he thinks hard. The word soon pops up into his mind as he concentrates hard on that meaning. It isn’t hard for a boy whose parents drill him hard on studies.

Woohyun smirks in victory as he hears Lust screams in fury when she lost Woohyun, when he hasn’t move at all. He is now invisible and Lust couldn’t see him. But he has to maintain his focus and it is not simple at all – not when Sunggyu is in the room.

Not when the word he is supposed to focus on  is Chasity – in other words, he will only become invisible for as long as he doesn’t have Sunggyu on his mind. Of course, how difficult would it be when the said person is your crush, who has seemingly 'date' and 'kissed' you?

For Woohyun, it certainly is.

To be continued in Chapter 14: Intruder


A/N

I think the battle between the keepers and their counterpart is always a hard part for me to write.

It always seems so clinche! But oh well, I must improve! And here it is! Chanpter 13! 

Next Chapter will be a final chapter for Woohyun and the following, then next character will appear! 

Thanks for the subscribe and comments! I love them <3 *Kiss kiss*!