Sins & Virtues

The Chosen Seven

“Despair is a very dangerous power in which was sealed here in this realm for safekeeping. Once there was a group of Gods who rebelled due to unable to come to terms with the laws we Originals have created. Their numbers are not small and we, along with some Ascended were faced with a problem that could drastically change the ruling of the Gods’ realm and possible the world. Like how the humans resort to tactics such as bio-warfare and underhand methods, we Gods are no different since we’ve created you all with us as the base.

We created an unholy power – Despair.

To keep things without our grasp, Despair was created not to kill any Gods it infects in the scenario that it runs amok and turns on us instead. Its power is to seal up all of the powers the infected Gods have and for as long as he or she is infected, their powers could not be used. We manage to subdue to rebellious Gods but it is also then we realize the terror this power holds. A powerless God is no different to a mere mortal. So, we’ve decided to seal the power away, fearing that one day we might suffer from its power.

It must be then during Chaos’s betrayal in which he stole Despair in the midst of all the confusion that was happening. As foretold, he used the power against us in which drastically reduces the population of the Ascended and the Originals. As previously mentioned, there are two ways to summon the four horsemen – the human world’s destruction or the wipe of all Gods but it wouldn’t make sense for Chaos must kill himself if he is the last God standing. The Gods that he must kill is not ordinary ones but specifically - the Originals.

There’re eight of us in total but even being Originals, we couldn’t rival against the unholy weapon that we’ve created. We strategize and finally came down with a plan that may infinitely prove to be not working and I believe now is the time. The first phase of the plan is to create the seven of you from the Seven Gods’ power that were striped from them. That will allow you guys to counter the seven under Chaos’s wing but that is not all the reason to – the real reason are to increase the survival against the seven and get close to Chaos. Then, phase two is this.” Goddess pauses and places a vial with a black substance clouding within.

“This is Despair, a single touch and its effects will take over instantaneously. Chaos being an Ascended himself shouldn’t be any different than us and the other gods that he’s killed using Despair thus the eight of us come to a conclusion that Despair might work on him if it is injected into him. Despair only works with living things and non-living things, including powers will not feel the effects of it. This is why you have to go close to doing it.” Goddess explains.

“But it’s all part of your assumption right? I mean, couldn’t he have develop some kind of defense against Despair having using it for so long. At the worst scenario, it may not work!” Sunggyu reasons.

“That conclusion is expected. Like you’ve said, it is possible that it may not work on him which is why we’ve tried to develop a counter power against Despair and this is the results.” Goddess pulls out seven vials from her pocket and place it on the table next to the one that contains Despair. Within the other seven vials contain bright golden liquid.

“This is the counter that we’ve came up with. Its name is Hope. However with the short amount of time that we have, this is not a perfect antidote to Despair. Hope can only assist you in preventing Despair from infecting you but it is only capable to protect you for only fifteen minutes, no more and no less. It will help you when you come face to face with Chaos again.” Goddess stops and attempts to leave when she’s stopped by Sunggyu.

“Wait, we have a request if possible.” Goddess sighs as a sign that she understands the question that Sunggyu is about to ask.

“There’s no need for you to speak, boy. I know what you want however it is not up to me to decide if you are able to receive the power that you wanted.” Goddess replies.

“What do you mean? You mean we won’t be able to become strong? You’ve seen how that thing crushes us like insects.” Dongwoo adds in.

“I understand your concern but however, like I’ve said – it is not up to me to decide. It is up to you and also them to judge if you seven deserves the blessing they hold. I know you all have suffered a crushing defeat by that thing but there’s nothing you could do back then. He’s an evolved but yet ancient creature and I’m sure Belphegor isn’t the only one. To begin with, Belphegor used to be one of the Sins that you all have fought and namely – Sloth.” Sunggyu widens his eyes at the mentioning of the lazy sin.

“Then there is Amon of the Wrath, Beelzebulb of the Gluttony, Leviathan of the Envy, Asmodeus of the Lust, Mammon of the Greed and lastly Lucifer of the Pride. They used to be Ascended that reigns as the strongest seven whose power is said to parallel the Originals but it is their misdoings which causes them to be exiled and sealed away on the Human realm. Overtime, their soul fades but with Chaos’ ascension, he must have placed the souls of his seven into them, bringing them back in to the world.

As for your current objective, your destination is to head to a cemetery where the now buried seven Originals lies. Their physical body may be gone but their soul remains. If it is power that you wish, then it is them you should seek but be warned – a trial awaits and those unprepared will never see the lights every again. By the way, when you’ve arrived, do tell them that I’ve sent you here.

Ramiel that is.” 

To be continued in Chapter 44: In Name of Hope


A/N

My goodness! I've not been updating this story and I must apologize! 

Well, I've not much to mention here other than thanking everyone who have stayed even the long hiatus! 

Side note: A Summary Chapter is on the way and should clear quite much for those confused! =)

Side note 2: I'll take sometime to reply to comments when I'm free! =)