Gathering

The Chosen Seven

 

L hums as he walks down the stone pavement towards the orphanage. Once in a while, he would pause to adjust the guy by his shoulder to prevent him from falling before proceeding with his journey. The muscled guy is pretty much heavy for L to carry since the weight of muscles is heavier than fats.

When the orphanage comes into sight, L frowns almost immediately. The lights within the building are still switch on and by now, the children should be sleeping already. He is sure to punish those children for not listening to his instructions before he left the place. He should have asked Dongwoo to help him tuck the kids in but he wouldn’t want to push a responsibility that isn’t Dongwoo’s to hold.

Arrived at the doorstep, he notices several pairs of shoes that seem to be more than it supposed to be. The size of them tells L that those don’t belong to the kids that stay in the orphanage and for all he could remember – there is only one adult within the building. However, though it may be sleeping time for the kids, it is yet closing time for adoptees to enter.

Opening the front door, L immediately comes straight into sight of Dongwoo, who looks extremely worried and full of panic. When the other notices L’s return, he releases a sigh of relief and approaches the owner of the Orphanage.

“Where have you been, L?” Dongwoo asks worryingly.

“Out to clean up some businesses and also to haul this giant baby back. My shoulder aches terribly now. How is it possible for muscles to weigh so heavy…?” L grumbles and attempts to brush pass Dongwoo.

“Who is this giant baby? He looks awfully familiar… hey wait a minute! That’s Howon! W-wait, L! Is that blood? ! He’s bleeding!” Dongwoo freaks out and tries to pry howon off L. However, before Dongwoo could even try to close in on the other male, L stops Dongwoo and points at the trail of blood by the doorstep.

“I know he’s bleeding. He will die if he is not treated but before that, would you mind cleaning up the red stains by the floor. Thanks! I’ll go and proceed to fix this guy up.” L nonchalantly requests with a straight face. Dongwoo stands there with his mouth open and still in a state of shock. With a bleeding and dying man by his shoulder, how is it possible for L to not panic when a life is on the line?

Not waiting for Dongwoo to rebut, he turns towards his office door, turns the knob and walks in, not disturbed by the guests in his office. He removes the paperwork and files on his desk and places the injured male on it. Upon noticing someone injured, the guests within his office immediately circles around Howon with concern expressions.

“He’s bleeding too much! We need to bring him to a hospital immediately! Woohyun, call for an ambulance!” Says one of them that have very small eyes. The guy named Woohyun nods and fishes out his cellphone and starts to dial. Almost instantly, L takes the cellphone out from Woohyun’s hand and chucks it aside.

“W-what are you doing? We have to call the ambulance!” Woohyun exclaims. L stops his analysis and stares at the male.

“If you call the ambulance, you’re going to bring in more trouble. With a person injured like this, it will for sure bring in the police and I’m not going risk all that trouble.” L explains.

“Then you’re going to leave him to die?” The other male said.

“Of course not. I got my own ways to do things.” L replies.

After cleaning away the blood from Howon’s eye, L opens his side drawer and pulls out a penknife. Holding his palm aloft of Howon’s injured eye, L draws a cut diagonally across his palm, allowing blood to exit his system. His blood drips onto Howon’s eye and the strangest thing happened before everyone eyes, even Dongwoo who has just entered after his cleaning.

The wound starts to heal and within seconds, the wound is no more. The cuts and bruises around Howon’s body are starting to close up as well. The male is all well and free of injuries once again. L turns his palm upwards and the cut on his palm starts to close up. When the gash is no longer there, L wipes his hand clean throws the blood stained cloth into the bin.

“There. He’s all fine.” L exclaims and looks up at the two males who have placed a stunned expression. L clears his throat and the two snaps out from their day dreaming.

“We’re sorry but it’s just that we’ve never seen such a fast recover before. My name’s Sunggyu by the way. Didn’t get to introduce myself at the first place and this is Woohyun-“

“His boyfriend!” Sunggyu clears his throat however a visible blush can be seen,

“He means companion.” L nods. He mentally counts the number and seems to be short of one.

“It seems that you’re one person short, Sunggyu.” Sunggyu nods and sighs.

“He’s… in a coma and is not waking up. After seeing your powers, we thought that you could save him.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Dongwoo exclaims out.

L laughs and walks towards an empty seat and sits down.

“Please, sit down, especially you, Dongwoo. You’ll have to regurgitate the whole thing to Howon when he wakes up. It is not a coincidence that Sunggyu and Woohyun appear by our doorsteps. Seeing how there are five of us who have awakened, I guess the time is ripe enough.” L explains and waits for everyone to take seat before continuing.

“I suppose I should re-introduce myself. My real name is Humilitas and I’m about 50,000 years old.” 

To be continued in Chapter 32: Conspiracy of the Gods


A/N

I didn't proofread this >_< Sorry! 

I'm going to take a short weekend break (Family gatherings) So there won't be any updates until Sunday.

Note: Myungsoo's power is not exactly healing, but something more! (In case some of you concludes his power as healing from this chapter.)