Disappearance

The Chosen Seven

 

Five shadows gather before a round wooden table and take their seats. They wait for the sixth member to arrive but there is no sign of the last arrival. One of them sighs as it leans on the chair it is seated in.

“So Sloth is indeed gone, such a pity to lose one of us at such an early point of time.” It exclaims.

“It is better that he disappears. He is exactly what his name personifies – laziness. Even his power shows how lazy he is! Summoning minions to fight for him; what useless ability. He is just another sore thumb to the plan.” Another mentions.

“Not to mention how he blurted his true name to the gatekeeper. Has he forgotten that our true names can never be revealed? By revealing them, the gatekeepers will triumph over us. Such idiocy.” Another shadow adds on.

“Despite the fact of his worthlessness, he did after all manage to open one of the seven gates. He does have some usefulness after all. We do not have to worry about his death, for The Master will present him with a new body once The Master is fully revived.”

“Now, he resides within the black gate. He is powerless without his remaining six souls and unable to communicate until we open more gates. For now, we focus on the second gate. Have you found the second gate yet, Luxuria?”  The one named Luxuria shakes her head.

“We have a rough idea where it might be hidden but without the second gatekeeper, the entrance will remain hidden from plain sight. The problem now is the second gatekeeper. He’s power is… annoying.” She adds on. Other shadows nod their heads in agreement. Their attention is shifted when the shadow sitting opposite of Libido starts chuckling.

“Have your lost your confidence, Luxuria? Have for forgotten that the gatekeepers are unable to use their powers to their full potential unless a condition is completed? That’s right – for them to use their powers to the utmost potential, the gate that they protect must be unsealed. They used their powers to seal The Master years ago, and the same logic applies when the power that binds the gate close releases – they return to the one whom casted them. The second gatekeeper’s power may be annoying but it is not complete. We can still find him.” Luxuria nods in agreement as she rethinks her plan.

“In any case, where is Superbia? I understand his task but he should show some respect in coming to this meeting!” One of the shadow bellows as it hits the table hard. Luxuria laughs seductively as she leans towards the raging shadow.

“I’ve heard that he has managed to locate his target. You have to give him credit after thousands of years of chasing him. He needs him after all. So, I’ll take my leave now – I have plans to carry out.”

With that being said, all the six shadows stands up and bow respectfully at the dark gate that lies behind them.

For a Greater World.”

-

The boy snickers as he slips out from his house. He understands that he shouldn’t be doing such a thing but he couldn’t help himself. After he discover his innate ability, he begins get addicted in using it. But he isn’t a heartless guy, leaving his house without telling his parents. He makes sure to leave a note behind, informing them of his absence.

He goes around, playing pranks on unsuspecting people and yet they could not find and trace of the culprit. Of course, he doesn’t stay in this state forever – he only uses it occasionally when he needs to make a run for something – for example: leaving his house undetected. He needs his own freedom – meeting friends for movies, have some fun time alone and things that without his power he could have never achieved.

Before the discovery, his life is all about books and nothing more. Coming from a family whose parents are both teachers, their sons could not afford to slack off from their strict rules – achieve A’s in all their exams and attaining first position in every subject. His parent claims that friends can be made when he starts working and that they are just an obstacle in his life in which he has to overcome and not to forget how they banned him from dating.

That’s the harsh life Woohyun is living.

His brother has it easy as he is born a genius – excelling in every module he takes with minimal effort. Woohyun is a different case when he has to put extra work in his own studies to make those hard works come to light. If he did not reach the given standard, punishment awaits.

But like any other rebellious kid, Woohyun isn’t one who will sit still and listen to his parents chanting into his ears how important education is. He tries to find any possible ways to escape and just relax for that short period of time without books surrounding him, before he gets caught and dragged back home.

When he realizes his power, he did fall into a state of shock but rather feels extremely elated. Woohyun feels that the Gods have finally answered his prayers – a power that allows him to escape from his harsh life: The power of invisibility. Willed to escape, his manages to grab control of his power from turning visible to invisible and vice versa.

And there Woohyun is, walking down the avenue street, prowling around for his new prank victim. He glances around and a guy catches his attention. Woohyun ascertains that he has never seen the guy around here before and deduces that he could be just a tourist as he has never seen him around before. Waving off the fact that Woohyun will forget this victim like any other, he approaches the guy and kisses him fully on the lips.

The guy widens his eyes and pushes Woohyun off and punches him squarely in the face. Woohyun staggers confusingly backwards as he cradles his face, wincing in pain when he touches the wound. He glances back at the victim and saw how deadly his glare is despite his small, hamster-like eyes. Woohyun looks as his own hands and sees that he indeed is still invisible.

But the guy is able to see him.

To be continued in Chapter 8: Date


A/N

This is today's chapter! Hope you guys enjoy the short introduction about Woohyun's life! 

And I'm pretty such you guys will know who the last guy is! 

On the side note: I'll like to thank all the new subscribers and upvoters! Author-nim love you all! *Muacks Muacks*

Until the next update! :D