The Eighth Sin (Part II)

The Chosen Seven

Sunggyu groans and pushes himself up. He passed out after a shortage of oxygen into his lungs but not until the point of death. He winces slightly when he touches his neck, still feeling the aftermath of the strong grip by Belphegor. That person really wanted to kill Sunggyu but what make it more confusing for the gatekeeper is the words he has said to Sunggyu. Belphegor has stated his familiarity with the gatekeeper but Sunggyu knows well from his own memories that he has never met him before.

A knock on the door and it jerks Sunggyu out from his thoughts. He hasn’t notice the change of his surrounds, in that he’s no longer by a school neighborhood but a room. The doorknob turns and an unknown female pops up by the gap and gave the Sunggyu an expression of relief.

“You’re awake, wonderful. Hope you’re feeling alright now because we don’t have much time left. Please head to the living room. Everyone’s assembled and you’re the last one, boy.” She instructs before closing the door, leaving Sunggyu alone again in the lightly illuminated room. Sunggyu blinks slightly at the sight of the unknown stranger but being in an unknown place, he doesn’t have a choice but to follow her. It doesn’t make sense if she wanted to harm Sunggyu while he’s conscious when she could do so as he’s asleep.

The elder gatekeeper does as he’s told. When he arrives at the stated room, he finds everyone assembled there as indicated by the female. The said female is among the assembled people as well, siting in the middle by an armchair sipping a cup of hot coffee. Glancing around, he notices Woohyun siting by the side with a bandaged shoulder. He immediately rush towards the male and poured some concern over the wound, causing the younger male to spasm slightly within him but Woohyun simply brushes Sunggyu off as ‘Professionally’ as possible, stating that he’s fine and needs time to rest.

“His injuries will take a long time to heal. The bullets that penetrated him are coated with Myungsoo’s blood. As much his blood is able to heal, it’s able to harm by changing the color of it – Red being healing while black being harming. Sadly, Myungsoo doesn’t possess the power to remove the black blood that currently circulates within Woohyun’s system and we could now only hope that nothing happens to him as we wait for the blood cells to die by itself.” The female explains nonchalantly. Myungsoo frowns slightly and sends an apologetic eye signal to Sunggyu.

“Now that Sunggyu hyung is here, mind explaining who you are and why did you bother to save our lives?” Howon intercepts the conversation. The woman shrugs and places down her now empty cup on the coffee table.

“I’m pretty sure you guys have met me before, not that you guys can remember obviously. It’s no surprise that people with intact memories could not recognize me as well since I’ve changed my appearance multiple times. I’m the only remaining other old god, along with Chaos alive in this world. I’m the Goddess.” She explains herself, still keeping a straight face.

“Oh so now you’ve decided to return to aid the battle after you disappeared for fifty thousand years? Do you realize that the gates would not be able to be opened if you have partaken in the ritual to seal Chaos?” Myungsoo yells out, pointing fingers at her to be only have that finger swatted away.

“Don’t point fingers at me, boy and I’ve no need for you to remind me of the ritual’s power. I’m a god, one of the Old Ones no less and I’m pretty sure that my knowledge should be no weaker than yours. You are right about one thing is that the gates will be locked for eternity if I’ve partaken in it instead of you seven but you’re going to be correct until this point. The story diverges from there on, keeper. There are much darker conspiracies behind the whisperings of the Gods – some in which not even exposed to you all. The theory of Chaos controlling the world as the One God may be true but what could he control - humans and the other living things that walk this Earth? Based on your knowledge on Chaos, you know that’s not going to happen.

If he really wished to become the One God, he wouldn’t have killed all the gods who opposed him but rather bring them into submission. Why leave only seven gods alive when he, by then has powers to kill us all? Chaos, gave us time to create you seven to oppose his own seven and that doesn’t make any sense to any of you? He never wanted to become the One God but instead something deeper and darker than anyone could have imagined – something the Old Ones are absolutely banned from speaking about.

Amongst the Old Ones, we’re classified into two separate groups – the ascended and the originals. The ascended gods are those who have been promoted from being a normal God to one of us. The originals are the gods who have been created by the one who formed this universe – it doesn’t have a name but we dubbed it as The Maker. Chaos is one of the ascended gods while I’m one of the originals.

The Maker goes into a deep slumber for an eternity until the day when the universe is required to be reset into a clean state – in other worlds reforming the universe once again. Like the humans we’ve created, the gods are always in conflict on the views that we see but being one of the ascended, their powers and authority aren’t as strong as the originals since it is us who’ve created the ascended. Chaos never liked the world that we originals have shaped into and wished it to be formed in a way that he wanted to be like.

Chaos wanted the powers of The Maker.

But he isn’t able to step into the territory of The Maker because the place is locked away and only accessable by a key that only four entities hold – the four horsemen of apocalypse. They are the servants of The Maker and only obey their sleeping master alone. Their powers are far stronger than any gods that were ever created but even possessing such power, their will is bind to The Maker alone and will not appear until the day when they’ve deemed that the Universe needs to be purified – in human context, Judgment day.

To summon them, Chaos needs to bring something into the human plane. However, that thing that he wants to bring could not be brought into the human world directly as an intentional and direct interference to cause an apocalypse on Earth will mean an instant execution by the four horsemen and thus meaning Chaos’s loss. This is where the truth is hidden from all with the exception of me. I’ve only realize this at the last moment in which why I’ve backed away from the ritual because the ritual success would have meant a victory for Chaos.

The ritual did seal Chaos away, giving peace for the next fifty thousand years but it also seals away the very thing that Chaos wishes to unleash upon the human world and without a doubt, it will cause a worldwide catastrophe in which the horsemen will be called forth. He intends to unleash an ancient sin that is not only harmful to living things but even gods as well.

It is the eighth sin, Despair."

To be continued in Chapter 43: Sins and Virtues


A/N

Whole lot new plots to put in! I think I have to make up a summary for all these to explain the true exact storyline! 

Well, I've hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! 

And a huge thank you to new subscribers and upvoters! Love you all!