Conspiracy of the Gods

The Chosen Seven

 

“W-wait… What? You’re 50,000 years old? You got to be joking. You look like you’re… 21!” Woohyun exclaims with his eyes widened. L chuckles at the reaction.

“I don’t look like one but I am in fact is almost 50,000 years old. My abilities made me this way and I can’t do anything about it. I can control life itself, meaning I can control people’s lives in any way I want. When someone is on the verge of death, I can bring them back to time where their life is still at its peak condition or a kind of time rewind. Likewise, I can take peoples’ lives if I want to. However, despite my ability to control them, I can’t control my own. I never grow old nor die from severe injuries because when those happen, my powers will automatically heal me as a form of protection and in fact, I’m pretty sure all your powers will protect you when you’re in grave danger.” L explains.

“So, your blood is the source of your powers?” Sunggyu asks.

“Not only mine, but all other gatekeepers as well. Our blood is the reason why we have powers in the first place because they aren’t blood of humans but the blood of a God. The essence of our powers lies within them. It isn’t discovered during the past war however just minutes ago, I’m able to confirm that they can be used to defeat our counterparts or also known as the Scelus Sceleris.” L explains.

“Aren’t they supposingly known as the Un-Seven?” Woohyun points out.

“That’s what the modern people refer them as however no matter how they name them, the meaning is the same – Sins.” L continues.

“They are created by The Master to oppose The Goddess right? That’s what I can infer from Sloth, who I battled with.” Sunggyu says. However, L shakes his head.

“That isn’t the true story behind it instead; there lies a far darker story behind their existence and ours as well.

There were initially seven gods and are commonly known as the Father, who guides lost sheep as a shepherd and represents judgment, the Mother, who oversees parental love and mercy, the Warrior, who personifies strength and courage, the Maiden, who nurtures love and innocence, the Creator, who represents all creations of lives, the Crone who guards wisdom and lastly the Unknown, whom represents all other aspects, especially death.

They are the gods in which the people in the past pray and worship too, each having their own group of followers. However, gods are not created from nothing as even gods themselves are created by other gods. The ones who created the seven are known as the Old Ones or the Old Gods. They are the creators of this world and also are the ones who created the seven.

Everything was fine until one day, a massacre happened within the realms of the gods and those we perished were the Old Ones. The blame automatically shifts to the newer gods, the Seven and judgment was casted upon them without any trials. They were stripped most of their powers and were removed from the realm of the gods to live on as humans.

Upset by the fact that they are being out casted by a mistake they never did, rage grew within them and they began to change. When their transformation had completed, they have become what it is known as the Seven Sins. They brought chaos to the land and when the human population prayed to the long-gone seven gods, it only gives the Sins more power to induce destruction. They may have been stripped of most of their powers but their own hatred for the gods helped retain a portion of their powers.

It was then, the mastermind behind all killings and the awakening of the Sins reveals himself, known as The Master but his true name is Chaos. Chaos killed his comrades because of their reluctance to select the One God to oversee all other Gods, the one who will have the greatest power and superiority. Frustrated, he induces this plan by first creating his own set of warriors to fight for him, in which this case, the creation of the Sins.

Chaos then made a pact with the seven, to promise them that he will reinstate their position within the Gods and find the ones who framed them for the massacre under the condition of their servitude. They agreed almost instantly.

Chaos is extremely ruthless and he went on to kill the other gods that were still alive. Overpowered by his seven warriors and Chaos himself, the remaining gods came out with a plan that will delay his triumph over the Gods’ realm.

To seal him and create seven keepers to guard them, to ensure that he will never return for as long as the doors are kept close.

The Sins are strong from having fueled by their own hatred and the powers given by Chaos. The only way to defeat them is to use their own powers against them. The remaining gods used the powers that were stripped from them to create us, the Chosen Seven. If you have realized, you guys have similar powers to the Sins as well – Sunggyu and Sloth having kinesis control applications while Woohyun and Lust have powers that has to do with their appearances. Howon over there has a strong combat fighting capability but so does Envy.

Needless to say, the past us manages to defeat the Sins and triumph over Chaos. However, during the sealing process, one fatal mistake was made and the process failed – One of the Gods lost faith when she found out that it wasn’t a permanent solution to Chaos imprisonment, and that god is known as The Goddess. With only six remaining Old Ones, they proceed with the process without the Goddess but the powers they had was not enough.

They need more powers to complete them, and they chose us.

The sealing process was a sacrificial one, in which upon completion, the ones being sacrificed will perish forever and nothing could be done about it to bring them back. However, the case for us is different because we’re linked with the Sins indirectly. Being made to counter against them, when the signs of their return appear, we will return to this world as well.

I did not perish because of my abilities to control over life. However, like all others, my body did disintegrate and it took about a thousand years for my body to fully reconstruct back. I retained all the memories of incident and my powers but also not to forget the most important thing – my mission to protect the gates. So, I lived on for the past 50,000 years till today, where the gates are opening again.

I believe you guys have dreamt of a world where there are no colors but white, black and grey. That is the remnants of the realm of the Gods.”

“So, what are going to do now? Should we protect the remaining gates from opening?” Sunggyu questions, only to be replied with a no.

“With the gates opening, the Sins grow stronger as well. We have lost four gates to this point and even if we protect the remaining ones, we can’t do it forever. I may be able to live for an eternity but you guys will not be able to outlive the lifespan of a normal human being.

The only solution, for now is to re-create the sealing process ourselves and reseal the gates once again. The process is much simpler now, compared when it is first casted because of the need of preparation. For as long as we complete the sealing process, Chaos will be sealed once again back in to the gates.”

“Is there no other ways but for us to die just like that? Are we just… pawns?” Woohyun asks. L did not reply but simply smile bitterly.

“For now, we have to find the remaining gatekeepers to be able to complete the sealing process and in order to do that we’ll need the powers of the third gatekeeper. I believe you called him Sungyeol, am I right?” Sunggyu nods.

“Well, the reason why we’re able to find you is from the photo he has with you, or your clone to be specific.” Sunggyu enlightens the male and passes him a worn photo that has him and another boy, who L knows as Patientia. Behind it is two names written – Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol. Together always.

“This Myungsoo… is that the name of my clone?” L asks.

“I believe so.” Sunggyu replies.

L chuckles a little bit at the photo as he glances over it once again. The closeness between him and the other gatekeeper reminds him of his own closeness with the past Patentia as well.

“It’s a nice name. I think I might get used to it.” L mentions as he gets up from the chair and walks towards the exit.

“Mr.L ? Where are you-“

“It’s alright to stop calling me L anymore. It’s just a codename and it doesn’t mean much. Call me Myungsoo instead. It sounds much better, don’t you think? And, I believe I have a boy to save.” L exclaims as he brings the photo that he still holding into his line of sight again.

I want to see you again, PatentiaOr maybe I should start calling Sungyeol.

To be continued in Chapter 33: Nexus HQ


A/N

This is the true story behind the facts of the Seven Sins wanting to bring back their master! 

Pretty deep story but I think you guys will ejoy!

This is a double chapter because I'll be on a two day absence so I'll reward you guys with an earlier chapter! 

I hope you guys understood a little bit of the power preferences as well and their similarities! Everything has a meaning!

Next Chapter will contain some fluffs and comedy in it! So watch out for it! :)