Destruction's Arrival

The Chosen Seven

“Lee Sungjong. You may enter to begin your mandatory body checkup.” The nurse announces and proceeds to mark his attendance for the check. Seeing his classmates coming out one by one with pale faces and discussing how relief they were having completed it, it scares Sungjong to no end. But what scares Sungjong the most is how the description of the suspects fits him – Male and with a humanoid looking birthmark. Though vague, Sungjong doesn’t have alibis to prove his innocence despite not knowing a single thing about the New York Explosion on the top of a company building called “The Nex”.

Sungjong opens the door and promptly greets the teacher as a form of respect to an elder person. He rises from his bowing posture after hearing a satisfied hum. Mr. Gula instructs Sungjong to take a seat while he prepares the things he need for the checkup. Sungjong does as instructed and waits for further instructions. He has thoughts of running away by an excuse of pain in the stomach but he never is a great liar.

Sungjong is briefly snapped out from his thoughts with a deep grunt from Mr. Gula and immediately lifts his head up to face the greasy teacher. The teacher stares at him for a good minute before dipping his head to look at his clipboard. Sungjong tries his best to resist laughing when the teacher’s double chin appears.

“Tell me about yourself, Sungjong. I’d like to know my students better even though I’m just a temporary here in this school.” Sungjong nods briefly to his teacher’s words.

“Well, I don’t exactly have to reintroduce my name since it’s on your clipboard. I’m an orphan but I do have a guardian taking care of me though however he travels often. This is my tenth school that I’ve been transferred to and it’s not because of bad records but due to natural disasters happening in my old schools, which is why I transferred. I think that’s about it that is interesting about me?” Mr. Gula nods and scribbles remarks on his board.

“Interesting story you have. Alright, we’ll begin with the checkup. Please remove your shirt.” Sungjong swallows a thick lump of saliva and proceeds to do as he’s told.

-

“Are you sure it’s there? That the last gatekeeper is going to appear at that place? That school?” Sunggyu repeats. Himchan nods back to the question while keeping his attention on his tablet.

“Based on our reports, there’s an anomaly heading towards the school and the readings of it are off the charts. We’ve never seen such a force. If it hits the school, it will cause a wide spread devastation and I doubt that even you gatekeepers are able to stop it.” Himchan explains.

“The last gatekeeper, Temperantia has been a mystery even during our past lives. He’s the last to be awakened among the seven of us when we’re shaped from the powers taken from the Sins. When we all awake, we’re all immediately thrown into the war immediately. Having born from formless powers, we’re immediately instilled with fighting awareness and no training is required. We didn’t really interact with each other so much so at that point we’re not close at all, not like where we’re now.  Some of us did interact a little, like how me and this choding over here.” Myungsoo pauses and taps slightly at the sleeping boy’s head that lays comfortable by his shoulder.

“So I can’t be help with identifying him. However his power is something that I and even Inner Hoya within Howon will remember. It’s pure destruction literally. Whilst there were still six of us fighting against Chaos’s army along with the Sins, it is easily seen how outnumbered we are. But with Temperantia’s awakening, he manages to turn the tide and deeply wound Chaos’s army. So I’ll agree with Himchan that whatever is heading towards the school could be caused by the seventh gatekeeper without him or her knowing it.” Myungsoo continues.

“Her? The last gatekeeper is a female?” Woohyun intercepts the conversation.

“It’s only a possibility because he or she looks extremely feminine! It could be a male for all that I could remember.” Myungsoo mutters.

“In any case, we should hurry. Howon and Dongwoo have gone ahead of us to check on their school. If it’s as worst as Himchan and Myungsoo have stated, they would probably have time to evacuate the people within the school compounds.” Sunggyu says.

“Then let’s hope that they do because you may want to see this, guys. I could already see it from this distance.” Himchan alarms the group and immediately have everyone looking outside. From the looks of the size and the force it’s emitting, the path that the destruction it has laid is clearly visible. Everything it walks passes, it is wiped clean of form, leaving no trace of existence. The force is so great even though the distance in between is large; it causes their car and the surroundings to shake violently.

-

Before Sungjong could remove his shirt, the land trembles violently and everything starts to shake with shelves falling down and equipment dropping onto the ground. In the instance, every single glass window in the school shatters into countless numbers of pieces and allow the entrance of a forceful stream of violent wind. Sungjong shields himself from the impact and feels a hot sensation by his right shoulder. Even without his shirt off, he could see it glow faintly through the material with red eldritch lights.

As if understanding the message his birthmark is sending him, Sungjong diverts his attention to outside the window where the cause of all these is at. The dragon has arrived and destroying everything it walks on. But the dragon is formless and isn’t exactly a dragon itself. Its destructiveness is comparable to a dragon and although its English name doesn’t have any connection to a dragon, other versions of its name are.

It’s no dragon. It’s a typhoon.

To be continued in Chapter 40: The Chosen Seven


A/N

Hope this is not a too late chapter though it will clear up what Sungjong's power is! 

It will be interesting (As well as for next chapter as well!) 

But the story is still far from ending! :D