Date

The Chosen Seven

Woohyun goes closer to the small-eyed male and wave his hands in front of his eyes, earning him a smack in the head. Woohyun cries out in pain as he rubs his sore head softly and pouts at the stranger. He hasn't notice at this point of time that he has fully turn back visible once again.

“You don’t have to hit me that hard…” Woohyun suggests.

“No, you deserve it. You’re treating me like an idiot! I may have small eyes but I can see you as clear as day and I should probably award you with another one for kissing me!”

“Hey! I apologized!”

“You did not! Now give me a reason why I should not report you for ual harassment?” the man questions.

“Please don’t report me! I’m still young! I’m really sorry for the prank but it’s my… first kiss.” Woohyun mutters as he looks away, face tints with pink embarrassment.

“First kiss? And you go around kissing someone else just for a prank? Seriously, how old are you?”

“I always wanted to kiss someone. I’ve never dated before! My parents won’t allow me to.” Woohyun argues as he sits stubbornly on the ground, folding his arms and pouting away like no one’s business.

Sunggyu shakes his head as he ruffles his hair. What a day to begin with. Just a week  ago, he just experience something so out of this world and now he got his first kiss, as well, taken away by some stranger who claims that is his first kiss as well – he has no idea if he will prefer the other strange encounter or this messy situation.

“Alright, I won’t report you. Just don’t go around kissing anyone else anymore.” Sunggyu replies as he turns his heels and walks away.

“Thank you so much!” Woohyun replies as he throws himself onto Sunggyu and snuggles nonstop into the older male’s neck.

“Hey! Will you stop that? Are you always this clingy and touchy towards strangers? Last time I knew – I do not know you!” Sunggyu exclaims as he pushes the younger off.

“My name’s Woohyun! Now you know me! Let’s be friends!” He chirps as he tries to cling himself on Sunggyu once again.

“You’re acting such a kid!” Sunggyu replies as he rolls his eyes off Woohyun. For the first time ever, Sunggyu has never met someone as friendly as Woohyun. Under normal situations, people will apologize and leave the prank victim along but this person decides to tag along.

Woohyun on the other hand is having fun talking to Sunggyu, although the older male doesn’t seem to be concentrating in listening. It has been a very long time since Woohyun had a friend – most of his friends either left him due to him spending too much time on his studies or they just befriend him for his knowledge and has no more use for him. He pauses his chatter when his stomach growl loudly – empty from the lack of dinner.

“Come on; let’s go get something to you. You can join me for dinner.” Sunggyu offers as he walks ahead. Woohyun blinks at the offer and finds himself blushing a little bit.

Did he just ask me out on a date? Oh my god! He is asking me out on a date! Does he fancy me? This is just exactly like the love story I read last week!’ Woohyun ponders.

“Hey! Are you coming or what? You’re tummy isn’t going to be happy if you keep it empty for long!” Sunggyu yells out from a distance. Woohyun nods as he blushes slightly redder.

He teases me! I remember reading up that when a guy teases you on a first date, it means he likes you! Oh my god! What am I going to do!’ Woohyun’s mind blabbers.

“What’s wrong with you? A moment ago you’re so energetic and now you’re so quiet. Looks like the hunger is really getting to you huh?” Sunggyu deduces as he analyzes Woohyun’s face up close, causing the younger to back away as a reflex. Not wanting to sound pathetic and weird, he simply nods and pushes Sunggyu forward, exclaiming that he is extremely hungry.

Crap! I almost let him kiss me! Get a grip Woohyun! You must play hard to get!’

They settle their dinner at a local fast food outlet as Sunggyu sees how Woohyun’s ‘hunger’ is getting the worst of him. The outlet is crowded and not a single spare table can be found, thus leading them to have their dinner at a nearby park where there are less people.

“Damn, this place is dark. Give me a moment.” Sunggyu exclaims as he digs his bag for candles that he has bought for his school project. He ignites a matchstick and carefully lit the candle ablaze – but this simple gesture is not lightly understood by the younger male, who stands there with mouth widely open.

A…A Candlelit dinner? H-he’s quick! I think I know what comes after this! The book I read last month, in chapter 24 page 132, it says that a proposal comes after that!’ Woohyun exclaims in his mind as he starts to panic a little.

Sunggyu did not mind the weird movements and gestures Woohyun is doing as all he now wants is to have his dinner. He is pretty behind on his schedule and should have started on his candles project five minutes ago. He unwraps his burger and takes a generous bite of the food. He returns his gaze on Woohyun who continues to stand there, still in shock.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Sunggyu advises.

“Y-yea I am. I’m just… preparing my stomach acids for the burger!” Woohyun replies as he mentally smacks himself for the lame reply.

“Oh…Kay?” Sunggyu replies and gave the younger a look, before going back munching on his burger. Despite all the turn off atmosphere, Woohyun still could not remain still in his fidgeting and is letting his nervousness get to him. He finds himself trembling as he takes out his beverage and with an accidental slip of his hand, the drink falls and spills all over Sunggyu’s shirt.

Sunggyu curses out loud as he stands up and retreats from the still dripping liquid. He glares at the younger boy before sighing at his own misfortune. He places his burger down and removes his stain shirt, revealing his torso to the younger male but the one thing that appeals to Woohyun is how detailed Sunggyu’s birthmark is.

“It’s beautiful.” Woohyun exclaims.

“What’s beautiful?” Sunggyu repeats.

“Your birthmark – it’s so detailed and it seems so real.” Woohyun compliments as he unconsciously approaches the older male and traces his finger across the fine dark lines of the skull-like birthmark. Sunggyu shivers slightly as he feels Woohyun’s cold finger touching him. He yelps out when Woohyun unintentionally traces across his .

“Hey! Watch where you’re touching!”

“I-I’m sorry! It’s just I’ve never seen such a nice birthmark before. I have one myself, but it’s on my back and I’ve always been teased about it. It’s definitely ugly.” Woohyun sighs as he sits back down.

“It can’t be that bad. Come on, show me. You’ve seen mine – it’s fair I see yours.” Sunggyu requests.

Woohyun blushes when Sunggyu said those words. He has never been asked to reveal his birthmark to anyone before. He wonders shamelessly if it is an act of love? As requested, Woohyun strips off his shirt and turns his back to the older.

Sunggyu’s face starts to warm a little when Woohyun removes his shirt. Those define muscles that he will never have and those abs that all girls love, is making Sunggyu a little jealous but when his eyes land on the birthmark – all those feelings disappear. Woohyun’s birthmark is different but somewhat similar to how Sunggyu’s one look. It is an image of a beautiful looking female in which Sunggyu could feel a little love emitting from it – it felt warm and welcoming just looking at it.

“It’s ugly isn’t it?” Woohyun exclaims as he slouches his shoulders.

“No it’s not. It’s gorgeous and I’ll say it’s more beautiful than mine.” Sunggyu exclaims as he turns his eyes away from it. For some reason, the longer he looks at it – it makes him remind of his disappeared mother.

“Really? Thank you! You’re the first person to compliment my birthmark!” Woohyun squeals as he throws himself onto Sunggyu and awards him with a bone crushing hug.

“H-hey! Let go! Let’s finish our dinner so I can send you home! Your parents must be worried for staying out so late.” Sunggyu mutters. Woohyun freezes at Sunggyu’s statement once more.

He hasn’t proposed and he wants to meet my parent’s already? What a guy!’

-

From afar, a looming shadow stands behind a tree spying on two unsuspecting guys. Despite the distance, she is able to see with perfect vision. She takes out a piece of paper and scribble some ancient words on it before rolling it up and attaches it to a crow. She mutters some commands before the crow flies away towards its destination. She looks back at the two boys and smirks with glee.

The second gatekeeper is found.

To be continued in Chapter 9: Gone


A/N

I find myself enjoying writting this chapter! It's kind of funny isn't it? 

But well, there's a reason to all his personality and it will be shown in the next chapter! 

Hope you guys enjoyed it! 

(P.S. - Do help look out for mistakes. I've proofread it several times but just in case there is more >_<)