Illusion

The Chosen Seven

 

“Say Mrs. Nam, Woohyun has a wide collection of romance genre books and quite abnormally.” Sunggyu comments. Mrs. Nam chuckles slightly as she glances over the bookshelves.

“Our Woohyunnie loves reading and it helps a lot in his studies. I don’t mind what genre he reads although all he requested was romance books. But we never allowed him to date anyone. Do you think he ran away because of love?” Mrs. Nam asks worryingly. Sunggyu gives Mrs. Nam a comforting smile as he gently pats the older woman’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he won’t run away because of it. Since you said that all he reads is romance, have you seen this book before?” Sunggyu asks as he pulls out strange book out from the pile. Mrs. Nam takes and scans the book with her puffy eyes, probably due to all the crying. She shakes her head before returning the book to Sunggyu.

“I probably have not. It could be just one of his newer collections he recently bought.”

“I see. But this is not a romance book, Mrs. Nam. It’s a lust book.” Sunggyu corrects.

“Lust book?”

“Yes, or if you would prefer – it is a book meant for adults that contains explicit materials. Here, take a look on this page.” Sunggyu suggests as he flips open the book to show the evidence of the book. The elder woman gasps as she reads the words within the book and retreats with horror.

“My Woohyunnie will never read such a thing! He… he’s too innocent!”

“I agree with you too, Mrs. Nam. Whoever took Woohyun, must have left this book behind. But I don’t understand why did he or she leave his book behind?” Sunggyu exclaims.

“This… this is great news to find some clues. I’ll leave it for you to find it out, Mr. Kim. I’ll go spread the news to my husband and my eldest son. And… thank you so much once again Mr. Kim.” Mrs. Nam says as she quickly leaves.

Sunggyu nods briefly before turning his attention back to the book. From its exterior, it doesn’t look modern but ancient – something that hasn’t been touched or opened for ages. The papers in the book have turned yellowish from age and the words within paragraphs are starting to fade away. The pages are not in numeric numberings but in forms of Latin.

He scans through the words, hoping to find a possible clue within the book. It is already strange to have such a book existing. As he continues to flip the pages, he arrives at a certain page where there shows a poem. It seems normal but abnormal in the eyes of Sunggyu. The ink looks fresh when all other inked words are fading. He lets his finger brush across the words and says out the word when his finger moves over it.

The expense of spirit in a waste of shame, is lust in action; and till action, lust?

Is perjured, murderous, bloody, full of blame, Savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust,

Enjoyed no sooner but despised straight, Past reason hunted, and no sooner had,

Past reason hated, as swallowed bait On purpose lay to make the taker mad;

Mad in pursuit and in possession so; had, having, and in quest to have, extreme;

Bliss in proof, and proved, a very woe; before, a joy proposed; behind, a dream.

All this the world well knows; yet none knows well, to shun the heaven that leads men to this hell.

As Sunggyu completes reading the poem, the words glow with ascension as it gets brighter and brighter. Sunggyu immediately drops the book from reflex and backs away from it, but time is too short for Sunggyu to escape when a blinding light engulfs the entire room. The light is not gone unseen by the family that resides within the apartment. When they enter the room, the light is no longer there.

But so is Sunggyu.

-

“Where are we going? I want to sleep!” Woohyun whines as he continues to get pushed from behind by Sunggyu. Sunggyu chuckles and ruffles the younger’s hair.

“You’re such a baby! You’ll know where you see it!” Sunggyu replies as he pinches Woohyun’s nose, earning more whines from the younger.

“I’m not a baby!”

“You are!”

“Am not!”

“Okay, you’re not.”

“Really?”

“Nope, you are.” Sunggyu rebuts. Woohyun pouts as he folds his arms in frustration. He looks away from the elder and mumbles some incoherent words that are directed to Sunggyu. Although not understanding those words, Sunggyu chuckles as he lands a peck on Woohyun’s cheek, causing a faint blush to surface on Woohyun’s cheeks.

“Here we are.” Sunggyu announces. Woohyun blinks multiple times as he looks at the location Sunggyu brought him. It’s not somewhere special or somewhere normal. Heck, the place doesn’t even look like a place normal people would go. The place looks so abandoned and the area is filled with wild nature – trees growing all about the place, grass grown so long that it reaches to the height of Woohyun’s waist.

“Uhm… why are we here? I don’t like this place. It’s so… wild.” Woohyun exclaims as he tugs onto Sunggyu’s sleeves.

“I know the place looks horrible but the place I want to show you is behind there. There is something extraordinary and beautiful inside. Go on, I’ll be behind you.” Sunggyu exclaims as he points towards an old metal gate that leads into a small dark cavern. Woohyun looks back at Sunggyu, feeling unsure if he should really do this but seeing how Sunggyu is there with him, he sighs as he treks forward the gate.

With a brief push, the gate swings open and a gush of wind fills the area. Woohyun shields his face from the dusts that are swept along with the flow of the gust. Collecting his courage, he traverses into the dark cavern, with a smiling Sunggyu behind him.

To be continued in Chapter 12: Double


A/N

Helllo people! I'm back from Taiwan! Lovely place (Although I mainly did shopping there!)

Nonetheless, I'll proceed to continue the update of the fiction! 

Thanks for all the new subscribers that has subscribed to the story! I love you guys and all the subscribers and the readers and the upvoters...

I've put up a new poster! Have you all seen it? It's so lovely! (I love the dark theme) 

On the side note: The Poem is from Shakespeares! His poems are... well dramatic but lovely on the eyes however.

Until the next chapter! <3